Hi Scott, thanks for the info I'll have to get that book. This will only be my second BIAB so at this stage I don't really know much about yeasts and what flavour changes they can make. Maybe after a few more brews.
Thanks Mad_Scientist I'll check it out.
Search found 7 matches
Hi Scott, I think I prefer the APA's as well. I think they're a bit more balanced. I like the hop bitterness to sit back a little so you can get the citrus flavours coming through. A particular favourite of mine here in NZ is the Panhead APA, an awesome beer. Anyway I'll try this IPA recipe and then...
Hi Scott Thanks heaps for your reply and valuable info. I've adjusted the VAW to 22.7 and looking at the original recipe it states " [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM)". [/font] I've done some google investigation and it looks like it will be a Light Crystal Mal...
Hi all, I'm doing a stovetop 10L brew of a popular recipe I found on Beersmith and just want some feedback to see if I have used the BIABacus to scale the recipe correctly. Here's a link to the Beersmith page: http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/1645/bells-two-hearted-ipa And here's the BIABacus ...
Hi, I have a couple of new brewer questions I need some help with. For my second brew I'm looking at doing a Passionfruit Wheat beer. In the recipe it says to add the Passionfruit pulp into the secondary (I'm kind of guessing secondary is when you transfer to another fermenter/brew bucket after ferm...
Hi all, I'm Mike from Auckland NZ. I have brewed about 4 extract brews over a 2 year period, and for the last 9 or so months I've been encouraging myself to give BIAB a go. I've been reading the forums a little to get clued up and today I brewed my first brew. It was a mini stovetop brew, following ...
- Forum: BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- Topic: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered
- Replies: 8863
- Views: 2202780
- 4 years ago
- Jump to post
- - The Site is Under Major Reconstruction so...
- - Registration Problems
- - Initial Posting Problems
- - Help for Draft, Craft and Gold Members
- Collect Your Site Keys Here - How to participate, access downloads and stay up to date.
- - BIABrewer.info Essentials
- - The Master Guide of BIAB Brewing
- - Important Notices
- BIABrewer Bar - Pull up a seat and relax
- - BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- - Brew Day Stories and/or Pics
- - Intermediate Brewing
- - BIABrewer Old Hands
- - General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles
- - BIAB - Region Specific Topics
- - - Africa
- - - Asia
- - - Australia & New Zealand
- - - Canada
- - - Central & South America
- - - Europe
- - - U.S.A.
- - Your Feedback
- Temporary Holding Forum
- - BIAB Recipes
- - Creating Your Own Recipes
- - Measurement, Mathematics and Records
- - Brewing Process and Terminology (Summary)
- - Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.
- - Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)
- - BIABAcus Help - Testing
- BIAB Kettle Options
- - Gas-Fired BIAB
- - Electric BIAB
- - Stove-top BIAB (also known as Mini-BIAB)
- - BIAB Automation
- The Brewing Process
- - Cleaning and Sanitisation
- - From Mash to Lauter (Water to Sweet Liquor)
- - Hopping
- - The Boil (Sweet Liquor to Wort)
- - Chilling
- - Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)
- - Bottling
- - Kegging
- - Flat Beer to Beer
- - Beer Appreciation (incl. Fault Identification)
- Ingredients (Characteristics, Storage & Preparation)
- - Brewing Water
- - Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts
- - Hops
- - Yeasts