Post #26 made 14 years ago
I'm impressed Bob, whacking the flour off the mill to get it all into the mash, well done.

I just take my mill outside and blow it clean with compressed air. Maybe I should have a go at your method and get a bit extra into my beers :)
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #27 made 14 years ago
BobBrews wrote: ...
The legs are removable and cost me extra I think? I got a little crazy and put a tap on the keggle also a thermometer. It is very close to perfect but the probe catches on the bag sometimes. If I knew that I was going to be a BIAB devotee than I would have skipped the dial!
Bob I had the same worry with a thermoeter. I use a digital probe though. What I did was put some 1/2in copper pipe on the inside of the kettle. It protects the probe and the bag doesn't get hung up on it. Its kind of like a thermo well but isn't capped on the end.

Not sure of your setup or if you can do it. I used a weldless bulk head fitting. If I recall correctly I used a copper 1/2 Male NPT that I can attach 1/2 copper pipe. Works great. I'll take pics if I remember, but I was also supposed to take pics of my grain mill for PistolP and never remembered to do so.
Last edited by bigjoe on 25 Jun 2010, 04:49, edited 9 times in total.
Joe

Post #28 made 14 years ago
bigjoe,
Thanks for the info I'll look into it. I have almost eliminated the problem by just being careful and pushing the bag to one side as I pull it up. I do it automatically now so the problem is minimal.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #29 made 13 years ago
Thought I'd throw a quick pic up of my "Brewery" :mrgreen:

Not much, but nice & simple, this was a brew I did yesterday, my 3rd BIAB :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #31 made 13 years ago
I am new to this forum and have not done a BIAB yet. I am very interested in BIAB and the no-chill methods to shorten the brew day and to brew more often.

I started brewing in 2006 from Sept 2006 to Sept 2007. My 11th brew was served on Oktoberfest 10/5/07. I got back into brewing late last year and have now brewed my 4th all-grain. Here is a link to my equipment; http://www.flickr.com/photos/madscientistbrewhaus/ I welcome any comments.

PROSTS,
Richard
Florida,USA

Post #32 made 13 years ago
Well finally I scored a couple of kegs on craigslist for my BIAB adventure, although I just need one. These things are hard to find when you are looking! I paid $80 for two (2) American Sanke 15.5 gallon (58.6738 L) beer kegs. A buddy of mine in our beer club is going to help me cut the top off of it this Sunday afternoon. And the fun begins....... and my mother will sew up a bag.

Here's a picture that the seller posted. I picked the cool one on top for myself.
Sanke keg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 23 Apr 2011, 06:40, edited 9 times in total.

Post #33 made 13 years ago
I posted the other day in the newbie corner "BIAB for New Members" bragging on my first BIAB, thought I'd better post here too because my pics are in my signature. Comments are always welcome.

Richard

Return to “Gas-Fired BIAB”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests