Comeback?

Post #1 made 1 year ago
Can we get a comeback going here? Since Patrick passed, things have been very sleepy. This site has so much good info that it would be a shame for it to fade away.
Pass the word that BIABrewer can be of great help.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Re: Comeback?

Post #2 made 1 year ago
A comeback would be fantastic. This was my first introductory site to brewing and I have often come back here over the years to reread old posts. I've checked several times over the past couple weeks and the site has been down. Glad to see it up again and running again. Just as an FYI to the admins it does appear the cert for HTTPS has expired as I had to "accept the risk and continue" when I clicked on the "Latest" option at the top of the page.

Cheers,
Tony
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 1 year ago
Good idea... But how to do this?

I used to get emails if someone posted an introduction email. Maybe nobody has done this for some time. Just thought about the site, haven't been to it in a few months, so logged in to see. Had to put in user name and password again.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 1 year ago
Due to the quiet around here I started reading other forums (Sacrilege!) and found they are OK, but different. I recommended this site to participants elsewhere when it came back up, but can't tell if it has resulted in useful traffic. I will try to make it viable again, but cannot do it alone.
I still use the BIABacus for brew day with paper batch records to supplement it. Well over 100 five gallons brewed and going strong.
My local home brew shop closed and I had to resort to ordering everything online. I detected what should have been obvious in that at least three suppliers had ads and emails with the same fonts and promotions. they had all been assimilated by the one large company (NB). I now order from a Mom & Pop outfit from Saginaw Michigan and they have been wonderful.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 1 year ago
Absolute crazyness. We lost multiple homebrew shops around here in Oregon too. Some are still open. For me, Salem, Oregon had 2 - now have 1. Corvallis lost theirs. So instead of having 3 places within half an hour or so from me there is just one.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 25 guests