Downtime

Post #1 made 3 years ago
Hi all,

As you may have noticed, the site was missing for a few days. We experienced a couple of technical issues, but we are back and ready to roll! Apologies for the inconvenience.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Re: Downtime

Post #3 made 3 years ago
Very nice Simon! This just came through, email link because of post from @shetc. Yours did not come through...

:thumbs:
Last edited by Scott on 27 Aug 2020, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 3 years ago
Good to see things are up and running again.
This site can continue to aid BIAB brewers by its members contributing information and thoughtful responses. That could be you!
Jump in with questions, experiments and results where you can.

thanks to NME for fixing the technical problems behind the recent outage. :thumbs:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 3 years ago
Great answer @ShorePoints! This is so true, and exactly how we as an online community stay relevant and helpful to each other and to other brewers.

Post #6 made 3 years ago
In memory of Pat, I had similar conversations with him in the past. I am an IT guy so offering my tech help if required and, of course, gratis.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #7 made 3 years ago
Yeah I jumped the gun with the post, so e-mails wouldn't have been quite up and running.

In the short term we definitely need to just keep the wheels turning and keep the forum active. If anyone has any cool ideas for the future, lets here them :)

Post #8 made 3 years ago
shetc wrote:
3 years ago
In memory of Pat, I had similar conversations with him in the past. I am an IT guy so offering my tech help if required and, of course, gratis.
Thanks for offering that. The site has been and can be a great help to brewers at all levels.

Post #9 made 3 years ago
How is the site doing financially?
I am writing this as I stand in the middle of my brewshed. It's been a long road with a few detours, but I am getting closer to being able to brew again.
I definitely want Pistols dream to carry on and will help out when I can. I miss my late night chats with PP over some new brew dream he had envisioned to push the hobby forward.

I am also homer on the mod team incase anyone is wondering. I haven't been around much lately but plan on changing that.
Last edited by Lumpy5oh on 01 Oct 2020, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #10 made 3 years ago
LumpySoh -It is good to hear from you.
As for the financial state of things, my guess is that Simon knows more than anyone.
If you get your brewshed up and running again, that will be something . If you have gone through an ordeal, this could be the helpful path forward. Scott & I have been posting mostly all responses to first posts for some time now. If you can do a reply once in awhile, that’d be great.
I have some wonderful emails from Pat where we always had an interesting connection beyond the written words, but I never did get to speak to him like you, Shetc and BobBrews. We all miss him. Our most recent PMs had to do with Kveik yeasts becoming “craft yeast” like “craft beer” and where that might take home brewing. And puns - it seems that Pat and I shared an interest in real groaners.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #11 made 3 years ago
At the moment I've spent a total of $4 on it ;) This is still sitting on Pat's old account until it expires. I'm taking snapshots of it every couple of days, then I'll move it over to my account where it'll cost me $10/month in the short term. I'll investigate cheaper options, but it's not going to break the bank :)

Post #12 made 3 years ago
I've had some inactive time away from the site and it's sad to come back and hear that we lost Pat. I didn't know him as well as some of you but we had communicated by email back and forth a number of times about adding features to Biabacus. Sincerely hope we as a community can keep this site active, it definitely has feed my love of home brewing and undoubtedly has done the same for many brewers here.

Cheers,
Tony
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Important Notices”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests