MS and hurricane Michael

Post #1 made 5 years ago
EVERYONE !!!!!! Please keep MS and any other of our brewing brothers and sisters in this hurricanes path in your prayers..
Just got off phone with MS , he was surveying damage and trying to help neighbor. I may try to get a rescue party together to help him out with his house. Keep everyone posted. If you are interested , either pm me or post here... He is going to call me back tonight.
PS. I know I've been gone awhile. Wife in and out of hospital again over the past 2 years... sux.. Have not brewed in 1.5 years. Sorry Pat...Do not know metric conversion for that...not on the form.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Re: MS and hurricane Michael

Post #2 made 5 years ago
Hello @jhough... Sorry to hear your wife has been in the hospital! That’s a sad situation. Wondered where you had been.

How is MS...? Sounds like a bunch of folks up there are also in need of a bunch of prayers! The news video looks horrible, but sometimes certain areas are better than others.
Last edited by Scott on 15 Oct 2018, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 5 years ago
Thanks @jhough for starting this thread.

@Scott The hardest hit areas were Mexico Beach, Tyndall Air Force Base, and Callaway. @jhough has relatives in Apalachicola also affected.

Our power is estimated to return on 24-OCT, based on our Gulf Power outage website.

We did not evacuate. I brought my mother over to my house.. My damage is water intrusion across the length of the house. Some areas in the house escaped the water which I am most grateful! All trees are down.

Insurance company indicated tarping my roof today, 15-OCT.

Panama City Beach has power, shopped there with Mom and filled up the car with gas yesterday.

T
Everyone is helping each other.

Post #5 made 4 years ago
October 10th 2018 Hurricane Michael made landfall.

Today is the one year anniversary. I feel thankful and blessed. My contractor is projecting I'll be able to move back into my home by the end of the year. I've been renting a place in Panama City Beach since December 22nd.

Sheetrock went in this week. I have my flooring and paint picked out.

Raise your glass ya'll. Cheers!

Richard

Post #6 made 4 years ago
Dammit man!!! I'll be up there soon hunting... Still not back in your house yet ?? That sux.. Gotta have a beer together this year !!. Tried a few of Oyster City Brewing there in Apalachicola beginning of this year .

Post #7 made 4 years ago
Wow - I was just thinking about you both...! Well, a week or so ago, and wondering how you we’re doing. Glad to hear it’s coming to a close, but I expected you to be back home many months ago. Thanks for posting and letting us know.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #9 made 4 years ago
Lovely to hear from you Richard (and Joe).

Although I have been a slack communicator over the last year, you've definitely been in my thoughts. It was great to read that you are making good progress and sobering to hear of the instructors.

Take care fella and brew soon ;),
Pat
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “BIABrewer Old Hands”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests