Royal Perth Beer Show 2018

Post #1 made 5 years ago
Meant to post this way earlier sorry. Anyway, if you have or can brew a beer over the next three weeks then put it in the show. That way you'll get to come to the Exhibitor's Tasting and other fun stuff. I've never missed a year :party:
Full details are here. Key dates as follows...

Friday 4pm (in four days!): Decide what style you want to enter and fill in the online entry form.

Tuesday 26th June: Make sure you've brewed your beer and then deliver it. Deliveries accepted the day before too.

Saturday 14th July: This is the Exhibitor's Tasting where you can come and taste all the entries submitted. Lots of fun!
NB: This year, they are also doing a few talks before the tasting.

That's it for now. Getting late here and I have to get two brews transferred :smoke:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Re: Royal Perth Beer Show 2018

Post #3 made 5 years ago
As unorganised as I am, I’m going to do it. I’ve got an A.P.A batch for a case swap bottled and ready, and will brew a Stout next week which will hopefully have enough time to sit.
Might even have to switch some shifts around and make it to the tasting day. :drink:
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 5 years ago
Get the airfare TMX, it's worth it :)
Good on you [mention]Muggy Dawson[/mention] :thumbs: . Definitely arrange to switch shifts and keep us posted so as we can organise to meet you there or, depending where you live, have a beer here first then share a ride up.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #6 made 5 years ago
Well Pat I'm pulling out of the tasting this year, beer is entered but I cant get there till 1pm which is the end of 2 hour Exhibitor tasting. I just found out the $30 ticket to the Beer Festival gets you in and a free "Glass" but once inside its $5 per middy (Average). This reply below from the organisers.

11am – 1pm (may run a little longer) is the exhibitor tasting – which will serve both commercial and amateur beers. Logistically due to transferring kegs from one venue to another, the commercial element won’t be as large as previous years, but it will be there. 12pm onwards festival sessions – it is a ticketed event (you pay for a ticket), and pay for your beers (average price will be $5 middies) and you’ll find the brewers are predominantly the ones pouring their own beers. Entertainment + great food trucks too.

Shame as that was the best part hanging in the shed all day talking crap.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #7 made 5 years ago
So, you're a "no Show" bundy :) :dunno:

Thanks for the info above. I was waiting to reply as I hoped mail would have arrived on Friday that would make the timing a bit clearer. It is pretty confusing. In fact, on Friday night, one of the organisers told me exhibitor's tasting was at 12:30 :scratch:. I did notice also that we only get a $5 discount on the other tasting ticket, so $25 :smoke:

11am is a pretty early start for the day. Yikes!

Post #9 made 5 years ago
It's going to be interesting. Things have definitely changed over the years. In the early days the home brewer was a big part of the show and I suspect that in those early days (about ten years ago) most people on the committee were home brewers. Last I heard, of the approx. 11 committee members, only one is a home brewer with the remainder being mainly commercial craft brewers. I did look into it heavily a year or so ago but the 450,000 hours per year I have spare, I need to spend here :lol:

The one thing we do know about the Royal Perth Beer Show is that we all get to gather and have fun. For you, I and many others, the judging results are unimportant. Unless thus year is different, we know that we'll never get the comprehensive judging notes we received in the early days.

Anyway, I dropped your beers off as well as @sinkas and mine. All the labels looked the same so to make things clearer, I wrote in black permanent marker, on my labels, "This is the Best Beer of Show." This will save the judges wasting time on the obvious. On yours I wrote, "Would have been Best Beer of Show but he forgot the mosaic." On sinka's I wrote, "Best Beer of Show if you like mulberries."

On a serious note, that was a pretty amazing difference on the naturally carbonated beers versus the forced carbed :shock:

Post #11 made 5 years ago
Sorry you missed it [mention]Muggy Dawson[/mention] . Another fun day at the show. I think our group was last to leave ;)

Congratulations to [mention]lukasfab[/mention] for his bronze wheat, [mention]stevem01[/mention] for his silver brown ale and [mention]sinkas[/mention] who topped the fruit/veg class with a silver mulberry belgian (carefully fermented at my place :) )
(Results here. Did I miss anyone?)
I scored a personal best this year - first year I've put an entry in and didn't get a medal. Most expensive beer I've ever brewed too - lol.

Hope you enjoyed the circus [mention]JayP[/mention]. (I need to find out more from you on scuba :) )
Last edited by PistolPatch on 18 Jul 2018, 21:59, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests