Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8451 made 6 years ago
Hi all people, I live in some far away hills from Argentina and I interested in brew some year ago but I realize
just a few months.
I found the site across a spanish blog that describes the boundaries of BIAB. I really like the metod for start
and introduce in this beautiful world.
I am a chemical specialized in biotechnology, so that is a motivation for this and a main reason for I like it.
Ok ok, I really like the living and evolutive beer :thumbs:
I think this site have very much and helpful information, for news and not so. Its incredible.

Im not brewed before, just gathering info from a couple of months to plan how is the better metod to start
and then so on.

About work, I actually have a finite contract in an extension life of a nuclear power station and also have, with my wife,
a plant shop and nursery.

Well, thas all for now.

Best regards!

Post #8452 made 6 years ago
HI My name is David Coburn, I am from RI, USA.

I started brewing beer recently with Mr Beer, most tasted funny, so decided to get into BIAB.
My brother in law got me started brewing, he was doing extract, I brewed one extract, and now we are both jumping into BIAB.
I got into this site from recommendation by brulosophy.com
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8453 made 6 years ago
It appears that we are a few welcomes behind. :sleep: :blush:

Greetings to HankKingsley - don’t focus on the numbers, focus on the beer. I try to maximize the yield, too. Trub, as in kettle to fermenter loss (KFL), is not as terrible as it is made out to be. There is a happy medium between transferring it all to the primary fermenter and giving up too much. You will find it.

Hello to MrGammaRay - There is a lot of info on electric brewing in the forum. Read up on it and brew, even if it isn’t perfect it will be good.

Welcome to theBeagle - Brewing is a great activity for those of us who have retired. You are well along in equipment so far; read about refractometers here on the forum before you buy one. Ask what you are actually measuring and how much of a fudge factor is involved to make it useful.

Good to have you aboard, iamthefly. With your physics knowledge you will find that time and temperature are keys to brewing. :ugeek: Take notes and share what you learn, please.

Hello to Motor City’s Dave, Schaumie2222. You have found a great resource here. Read lots, ask questions when you have them. Someone will get an answer for you. Mind your temperatures and 90 minute mash, followed by a 90 minute boil for good results.

Welcome to Kemical from Argentina. Your chemistry and biotechnology knowledge will help make fermentation easy for the yeast. Read about the equipment you will need, think about the brewing process, start with a simple recipe and get brewing. My son crossed the Andes from Santiago, Chile and drove through Argentina all the way to Rio Turbio a few years ago. I envy him.

Greetings to davidjcoburn from Rhode Island. Many on this forum will not recognise our two-letter abbreviations for states’ names, but I know of the Ocean State, neighbor. As above, keep things simple in the beginning and you will get beer. Ask questions and brew on. :drink:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8454 made 6 years ago
Hello All,
I am from the great state of Oklahoma, in the US. I found this site on a link from Brülosophy. I have been brewing off and on for 10 years. I just got a picobrew as a gift a few months ago, and it has reawakened the beast in me to brew. All of my experience has been with extract brews and some steeping grains, always wanted to make the jump to all grain but lacked the space and or $ to persue it at any real level. BIAB looks to be a great way for me to get started. I have read all the information essentials and notices required. I have also poked around the site and found a treasure trove of information. I would love to be a full member and get access to the data contained within, also looking for some help as I get started. Cheers and happy brewing to all.

Okiedust
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8455 made 6 years ago
Welcome [mention]Okiedust[/mention] :salute:

You've done very well to wade through all the essentials and notices. The site is very messy atm, so, it currently is a bit like digging for buried treasures :smoke:
Until the site gets re-structured, just start a new topic and ask any questions you have.

That's pretty cool you were given a PicoBrew. I've read about them but have never seen one. Feel free to start a thread on it and let us know of your experience with it. (Don't be worried about what forum to put it in, someone will move it for you.)

:salute:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8456 made 6 years ago
This is my first post. ;)

I’m a complete novice and done 1 brew so far of an English IPA, turned out really well and managed to consume half of it already. I want to give an Old Speckled Hen clone a go and that’s how I found the site.

About ready to start the 2nd brew so will give it a try a keep going. Will try the BIABacus spreadsheet to scale the recipe for my equipment

Will see how it turns out

Skinandy14
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8460 made 6 years ago
Howdy folks!

New member here from Dublin, Ohio.

I got my first beginners equipment kit (buckets, 5gal kettle, spoon, capper, siphon, caps, pale ale extract kit) from Midwest Supplies as a Christmas gift from my wife.

In the two and a half months since then oh, I have brewed 4 extract batches and to brew in a bag batches. The for extracts were the pale ale, another pale ale, a cream ale and a Saison. I have brewed an Amber and a Pliny the Elder clone via Brew in a bag. In that same amount of time I have started kegging, have a keezer and a fermenting chamber and have already started dabbling in creating my own recipes, although I haven't had the courage to do one yet. ( ask me about my crazy idea for a malted milk ball Porter ).

Nonetheless, and in spite of the warp speed at which I have progressed in this Hobby oh, I still have a great deal to learn. I look forward to learning more about this process and understanding it better so I can make better quality beer. I look forward to meeting all of you!
Cheers!
:drink:

Re:

Post #8461 made 6 years ago
Loye wrote:
14 years ago
Hello everyone!

I'm from Dubuque, Iowa in the U.S. I've been brewing for 18 years. I have mostly brewed all grain, with a few extract batches due to time constraints. I have done 3 brews in the bag so far with info gleaned from the Aussie Home Brewer site. So far, the results have been on par with my previous full blown all grain setup and I love the simplicity of BIAB. Lately I had been putting off brewing due to the pain of set up and cleaning all of my equipment.

Thanks for putting this site together, I am excited to see a forum devoted to BIAB so I can refine my skills and share knowledge.
Lucky you! That means you probably have access to Toppling Goliath beers! I'm still trying to get my hands on a Pompeii!

Post #8463 made 6 years ago
theBeagle wrote:
6 years ago
DublinOhioBrewer, TG is the bomb, I live 80 minutes west of Decorah and make regular road trips to Decorah to sample their brews. TG just opened a new taproom. I haven't seen it yet. Pseudo Sue double dry hopped IPA is one of my faves.
Then you are also a lucky dog. I've been looking for Pompeii and pseudosue everywhere. They just don't have it anywhere that would ship here. Balls. Lol

Post #8464 made 6 years ago
Morning all'
I am from Australia and living in Brisbane i have been making beer for a while now i joined the home brew scene on a mission to try and create Belgium style beers as my partner is dutch and we both like that style of beer and enjoy making and when matured drinking the beers.
My process is use BIAB process with a 100lt pot and have been storing wort hot into cubes just need to work out the reduction and timing of hops for bitterness and sugar additions if required.
I have 2 boys 11 and 9 who assist on bottling day with capping. I will need to make some non-alcoholic ginger beer for them to enjoy as well.
We have just come back from visiting her family in Netherlands and i am researching some recipes for 3 beers i feel are our favourite.
1. DUVEL
2. LEFFE BLOND
3. STRAFFE HENDRIK QUADRUPEL ALE - This will be the hardest i think as i haven't done a dark beer and beer is quite complex in its composition .
I would like to know if it is possible to create a culture from some of the beer as i brought 5 bottles back and also use a style of Belgium yeast.
This site has been a great assistance as you can communicate with or read about other brewers journeys .

thanks guys. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #8465 made 6 years ago
Hi all!

just registered on this forum. I live in a small town just outside Lund in the south part of Sweden.
Did my first brew yesterday. it is supposed to be APA that so far tastes good. The yeast just started to do its magic so i have the exiting thing of tasing the finished product ahead of me.
Had some difficulties hitting masching temp and overshot by abot 5c. Guess it will turn out to something that looks like beer anyway.
Looking forward to read and learn more about my new hobby!

Post #8467 made 6 years ago
Morning everyone ,
New guy here from Canada.
I live in a small town just outside of Ottawa.
Bottled my first brew yesterday(extract kit with specialty grains). Things seem to have gone well and after a couple weeks in the bottles I will hope to enjoy my first home brewed IPA .
Looking forward to getting some great info on this site and brewing my first BIAB batch this weekend.

Post #8468 made 6 years ago
It appears that we missed a few welcomes again.

Jordyw.21 - Indeed there is great info on this site and you can ask questions for even more. Let us know how your first AG BIAB went. And kudos to you for understanding that waiting for beer is a necessary part of the process.

HBC - Hello, Dennis from Wisconsin. Read lots of things on the forum to grasp how BIAB is different to what you have been doing in the past. It is going to be simpler than before.

Johan333 - You will get beer from your first brewing session. The high mash temperature you experienced might give more sugars too large for the yeast to turn into alcohol. It also depends on other things, but that’s how we learn.

stump - Greetings! Yes, it is possible to create a culture from some of the dregs in a bottle. However, there is no guarantee that it will be just one strain of yeast. Belgian yeasts seem to benefit from wider fermentation temperature ranges than other yeasts. I had one stall and found champagne yeast helped get to the finish line; the dregs in my bottles thus had two kinds of yeast.

Another Hello to DublinOHBrewer. When I lived in Ohio, I used to go to a French market on Rte 161 near Dublin. Do Buckeyes still have 3.2% beer?

Welcome Gary (tallboss610) - Do take a look at the Clear Brewing Terminology link http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685
and try the BIABacus. http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869 
Ask Questions. You will get answers.

Post #8469 made 6 years ago
Hi Everyone,

Really excited to finally call myself a 'homebrewer' after completing my very first batch today. Smash all grain brew using a single vessel (Biab) which will hopefully become a delicious full strength pale ale in a few weeks. Already planning my next batch.
I recently moved to the beautiful town of Denmark in the south of WA and came across the site after listening to a Beersmith podcast on BIAB. Looked into all of the brewing options and AG BIAB won hands down. I'm hoping to build up some serious brewing chops over the next 12 months and then start a new career in commercial brewing. Also very keen to join (or start) a home brewing club here in Denmark so if there are any fellow homebrewers here, please get in touch and lets join forces.

Big shout to the founders of BIABrewer too. Its a fabulous resource to have access to and I appreciate all of the hard work that must have gone into it.
Keep up the good work.
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Australia

Post #8471 made 6 years ago
Greetings, Batchelot from Denmark, Australia. That made me think of the state of Maine in the U.S. where there are towns named Mexico, Peru and Norway.
I’m with you, praising the founders of BIABrewer and the work they have done. That all occurred before I joined the community. I have learned a great deal and try to lend a hand by answering questions when I can, and saying, "Hello" to new members.
BIAB has its upper limits due to lifting the bag, but I think it would still be an excellent method to pilot recipes for commercial brewing because it scales well through a wide range. Brew on. :drink:

Hello, frogmaster - read lots of stuff on this forum and ask questions if you have any, even with your years of experience. :salute:

Post #8475 made 6 years ago
Greetings all. Am excited to have found this excellent community which seems like a great resource for learning and sharing. I'm based between UK and France at the moment and am in the early stages of my brewing journey, but full of enthusiasm. Am focusing on beer to start with, but also hoping to experiment with some distilling down the line as well. Have done a few malt extract kits, but it's time to progress and BIAB seems like a fun way to get started! Cheers Marek
:thumbs:
    • Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 51 guests