Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8077 made 7 years ago
Hi Joel and welcome to the board.

I just checked your permissions and they seem to be okay. One strange thing with this forum software is, after your first post is approved, you need to log out and then back in for your membership status to change.

You are definitely in the right group now so hopefully, this was the problem.

Have another go now. If it doesn't work, press F5 on your browser and see if that fixes it. If not, let me know.

Cheers,
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 10 Apr 2017, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #8081 made 7 years ago
Hi All,

Dan here, currently living in Poole Dorset. I've done a good few syrup kits and was looking to upgrade and take a bit more control, I'm keen to hack and re - purpose equipment to do the job cheaply and also its more fun! I just scored a brand new silvercrest jam maker (24l) from the local car boot for £2 and it looks like biab is the way forward!

Post #8082 made 7 years ago
Welcome to the forum civic88 and downwinders. :thumbs:
With some brewing experience in hand you will do fine when using BIAB and the BIABacus for your customized scale. Just get organised about the order of steps and how you are going to execute them. There are times where there is nothing to do and there are times when a helping hand would be nice. Brewing is great, beer is better. Ask questions if you have any.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8085 made 7 years ago
Hi Stacy and Chris. Welcome to the forum :salute:

Stacy: You'll find BIAB very little extra work and be able to do so much more. There is a lot of info here but it can be hard to find atm so ask any questions if you get stuck.

Chris: Don't hesitate to ask your question on the board as it may get lost here. The right answer also depends on your equipment and climate. For example, with heavy equipment, your mash temp can continue to rise even after you turn off the heat!

:peace:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8089 made 7 years ago
Welcome to the forum Dave! Many of us here passed a very similar brewing journey as you! Started in college, life happens, and many years later get back into it. Totally concur, this is the next logical step.

Let us know what questions you have, in particular at this point...on recommended brewing equipment. Always best to get proper advice before the purchase is made. Lots of what the Aussies call "dodgy" advice (poor quality) on the miscellaneous brewing forums found online. Information and advice is consistently of much higher quality on biabrewer.info, I've discovered...

Again, welcome...and let us know how we can help. :luck:
Last edited by Scott on 17 Apr 2017, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8090 made 7 years ago
Hello everyone

Just getting back into brewing after a bit over a year off (got sick of bottling, now set up with kegs :thumbs: ). At the moment just do extracts but came across this forum researching into BIAB which I'm looking forward to getting into. Trying to read and watch a lot of stuff to work out how best to get set up and start producing good beer.

Can't wait to get set up and do my first AG.
    • BME Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #8091 made 7 years ago
Welcome to the forum, Grainiac!

For sure, ask questions here before purchasing. Get a larger brew pot than you think you need... if you brew mostly 5.5 Gallons Into Fermenter batch sizes, I would recommend to shoot for a pot at least 15-16 gallons, as you may occasionally feel the need to brew a larger batch size, or higher gravity brew.

There is some excellent advice on this site, but you may have to search for it a little bit at the moment... Some hard working members including PistolPatch has been working on a redesign that will make the site easier to use. Not quite there yet... So let us know if you need any help. ;)
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8094 made 7 years ago
Hi all,

I am an Adelaide boy living in Tottori City Japan. Very small.
I started brewing a few years back kit and extract. I got fat so stopped.
Over here craft beers have been coming into fashion, I tried a few and chucked most of them
and thought my brews were a lot more drinkable. So I am back into it.
I tried a partial mash, and thought it wasn`t difficult. Visiting AHB I found this site and here I am.
I have no LHBS to ask, so this site has been a wealth of info. in the short time I have been browsing.

Have yet to try BIAB, will be my next.

Marcus.

Post #8097 made 7 years ago
Welcome to the forum bburton1976. I assure you that BIAB will work well enough that you won't have to blame it on your brother. :shoot:
All you have to do is brew something he will be happy to drink. My son got me started brewing and he likes my beers.
Try filling out the BIABacus and read Clear Brewing Terminology so we will both be speaking the same language.

BIABacus http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php ... 05de7b3c71
Clear Brewing Terminology http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php ... 05de7b3c71

The forum also teaches geography - Coleambally - new to me!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8100 made 7 years ago
Welcome Danhalls - one of the things I love about BIAB is the ability to experiment, I often do small batches. Make sure you download the latest biabacus, search the site for info and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome hughesyourdaddy - "Did you hear the one about the Irishman living in Laos..." Sorry but when I read your post it made me think there was a good Irish joke there somewhere. Another thing about BIAB is the ability to get as serious as you want about brewing - you can make a quick and easy brew or go all-out in depth and character.

Best of luck brewing to you both - looking forward to hear about you brewing experience.

Pete
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests