Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8001 made 7 years ago
Cheers from Florida!

What a joy was to find this site!! :thumbs:

My nema is Enzo (an IT guy) and I started brewing a year ago. A friend of mine gave me a 1gal kit for Xmas... 2 weeks later (after ruining the kit) I but my BIAB equipment and started my journey. 20+ brews and counting. Loving It!

Now I'm trying to improve my process and found this site... a lot of info here... it is not ez to find BIAB interesting info on the web.

I brew a 5gals batch every 2 or 3 weeks, so I'll be coming often looking for help and enjoy the experience!

Thx!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8003 made 7 years ago
Welcome aboard Enzo and Sawback!

Enzo - There is lots of info here even an experienced brewer will find useful, hopefully you can share some of your knowledge here as well!

Sawback - All the info needed to get you started can be had here, if you can't find an answer just ask.

Also, to you both, take a look at the Biabacus, play around with it and ask questions if you have them. It is a great tool for beginners and veterans alike.

Happy Brewing!
Last edited by goulaigan on 17 Mar 2017, 01:17, edited 2 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #8004 made 7 years ago
Hello, new member here from Mukwonago, WI. I am new to home brewing, having brewed just two extract kits to date. I am currently doing small batch (1 gallon) and an seriously considering moving up to 3 gallon BIAB.

I am currently brewing on the stovetop, and have minimal equipment, but I'm sure this hobby, like many others will cause me to spend more than my wife would want. :?

I like what I see on the site so far and am looking forward to learning as I go on this journey of home brewing.

Look forward to meeting and learning from you.
    • Under 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8006 made 7 years ago
Hello BIAB community,

Caleb here, also from Miami, FL. I really started brewing the beginning of 2016 with extract kits. Once received a Mr. Beer kit and that provided my gateway back into the hobby. I started doing 5 gallon batches shortly after, but I'm about to start all-grain on my next batch. I'm looking for a little more from my brewing and it only makes sense to go all-grain.

I originally found this website last spring when I was listening to the Basic Brewing podcast and he interviewed Pat. I immediately bookmarked the website because I knew I would be coming back to it when I wanted to go all-grain. I have done a bit of searching on here already and I'm excited to dig deeper and learn more about the process.

Prost!
    • BME Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8007 made 7 years ago
Awesome Caleb, that's nice to hear!

BIAB is the logical next step. If you are brewing normal size (under 10 gallon) batches, there would never be a reason to do anything else! You will want to download the Excel based BIABacus file, along with printing the brewing terminologies page... For sure do explore the site and past postings. That will help answer a lot of questions (many you didn't know you had, until reading... ;) ). There should be good advice available here for equipment choices, and you will want to review that too.

Let us know if you have any questions, and let us know how it goes. :luck:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8010 made 7 years ago
Hello everyone!

I'm from Quebec, Canada. I'm a new brewer since 3 month. I have brewed 2 extract batches and one 3 gallons BIAB.
The BIAB method seems to be the best for me because I'm leaving in a small apartment.
Last week I saw a link to your site on Brewers Friend. I'm very excited to learn and improve my new hobby.
I realise that I need to learn how to calculate everything to have better efficiency and consistance results.

Cheers

Heliplam
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Canada

Post #8011 made 7 years ago
Welcome aboard Heliplam :salute:

Congrats on your first brews :thumbs:

This site is working on making information easier to find but, until that happens, just dive in and ask any questions you like. Things like efficiency and consistency are areas you'll get a wealth of right info here. But, as I said, hard to find atm so don't hesitate to ask questions.

All the best,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8012 made 7 years ago
What's up fellow brewers,

I've stumbled upon this site in my quest to graduate from Extract Brewing, and really like the info floating around here. I have a thing for big west coast IPAs and have produced a few quality batches of my own, but really want to try my hand at all grain. I look forward to sharing how my first BIAB batch turns out!

Cheers,
ZBrew
    • Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8013 made 7 years ago
Hey everyone,

I am from Nova Scotia, Canada. I have been brewing at home for a little over 2 years. I have done 20ish batches on partial mash extract and am now looking to go brew in a bag. I was using a turkey fryer setup for my partial mash brewing. Decided to order a 15 gallon kettle from ontario beer kegs and a custom BIAB from mashedin. I am doing lots of reading and gearing up to do my first BIAB batch, just have not decided on a recipe yet (which is what brought me to this forum). Looking forward to reading and learning from this forum.

Cheers,
Lushy

Post #8014 made 7 years ago
ZBrew and Lushy, welcome - both of you - to this forum!

ZBrew - glad to hear, that when brewing extract beers, that you put your best efforts into it and made some fine brews. That is important! When you put the same effort into whole grain, where you create the wort from your mash - it is easier to make even better beer. And for the home brewer, going BIAB makes all the sense in the world (less equipment to clean, less equipment to purchase, more efficient brewing process, and just as good of beer as conventional 3-vessel process).

Lushy - good job! I don't know Ontario Beer Kegs but the size you ordered is good. I would have suggested 15-16 gallons for recommended brew kettle if asked. And MashedIn.beer is where I get my brew bags from. Think they are from Nova Scotia too, aren't they? I have bought a couple deluxe bags along with coasters from Becky at MashedIn.beer. Great products and great customer service from Becky!

The BIABacus - an Excel based file is a great tool for guiding your brew day, along with successfully copying recipes. And I would also print out the CBT - Clear Brewing Terminology page. Many other great, very helpful posts in here in the New Members section too, that will help explain things beer brewers will want to know.

Helpful Links:
    BIABacus file: http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php ... d4b1810b7b
      CBT - Clear Brewing Terminology: http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php ... d4b1810b7b
        BIAB for New Members Section: http://www.biabrewer.info/viewforum.php ... d4b1810b7b

Well anyhow, great to have you both onboard. Let us know how it goes, any questions, etc. :luck:
        Last edited by Scott on 20 Mar 2017, 01:01, edited 5 times in total.
          • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8015 made 7 years ago
        Welcome ZBrew83 and Lushy.
        You have found a forum where you can learn how to brew all grain batches with BIAB and also ask questions that will get answers. What more does one need? :thumbs:
        If you have not already done so, check out the BIABacus http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869 and Clear Brewing Terminology as Scott said. The BIABacus takes some time to grasp, but it will get you where you want to go. Happy brewing.
        Last edited by ShorePoints on 19 Mar 2017, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
          • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8016 made 7 years ago
        Scott wrote:
        7 years ago
        Lushy - good job! I don't know Ontario Beer Kegs but the size you ordered is good. I would have suggested 15-16 gallons for recommended brew kettle if asked. And MashedIn.beer is where I get my brew bags from. Think they are from Nova Scotia too, aren't they? I have bought a couple deluxe bags along with coasters from Becky at MashedIn.beer. Great products and great customer service from Becky!
        Thanks for the warm welcome and links to info. Biabacus looks like it will be a great help, I had a calculator on my phone but this looks much better! mashedin.beer is located right here in Nova Scotia, I didn't even know until I put my order in, their bags get amazing reviews, and Beckys customer service couldn't be better.

Post #8020 made 7 years ago
        Grumbler, NateB and Greenman - welcome to the forum. This is an excellent site to delve into the intricacies and simplicity of single vessel all grain brewing. There are some very knowledgeable brewers who know BIAB and are very willing to share their knowledge. Download a sample BIABacus and start messing around with the numbers. It's pretty amazing what you'll learn. Ask lots of questions!
          • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8021 made 7 years ago
        Rob here from Ireland, been kit brewing for a couple years, Very happy with the results only for a local city brewery running an all grain course I said I'd try all grain and went for BIAB, first one is already in brew fridge. Did my first brew go problem free? Hell No!!,

But I'll learn and get better, looking forward to some extensive reading and researching on this site
          • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Ireland

Post #8022 made 7 years ago
        Hi all,

I am from Porto, Portugal, and i found this nice forum whike seraching for some information about BIAB. I must say i am amazed. I just bottled my first coopers kit a couple of days ago. Don't ask me why! I really don't know why i bought it. What drove me into it. So as not to scare the wife, i started to search what could i do with the simplest materials i could find around the house.
        And that's when i found the Maxi Biab method! Starting to like the idea....

Btw...i am a lawyer, i'm 50 yo and apparently i have too much spare time to spend (the wife says)....

Now..let me finish my readings! See you in a bit!

Post #8023 made 7 years ago
        Welcome, Rob. If you took the all-grain course from a commercial brewery, you will find that BIAB is much simpler. The variables are endless, so your first brew day is an adventure that is happily now behind you. :party: Next time will go smoother. You can ask questions along the way as you read and research things on this site. You can post your BIABacus file and get comments even before you buy your raw materials.

Hello, Porto, too. BIAB can result in great beer without putting a marriage at risk. Compare how little equipment you need to use BIAB to how much is needed for 3 vessel brewing. Be sure to brew something she likes early on and it will work out. Your lawyerly attention to details can only help get you through a successful brewing experience. Brew on! :drink:
          • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8025 made 7 years ago
        Good Morning! Fairly new brewer from New Jersey looking to make the leap from extract to grain/BIAB brewing. I've done a bunch of batches so far and learned more about Alpha Acids, oxygenation, and yeast strains then I ever imagined. Now that the weather is going to start getting nice out, I'm looking to start doing all-grain brews outside and thought that BIAB would be a great way to step up my game.

Looking forward to becoming part of the BIAB community!

John
          • Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 52 guests