Re: Notes/Bugs on Temporary Skin

Post #28 made 7 years ago
As just mentioned here, a new extension inadvertently stopped most members and all guests from being able to read topics. Fixed now.

I've just noticed that when editing a post, certain things like colour are not working. I suspect there might be a few other problems such as pics may play up when posting in the green skin. This problem, I think, is caused by this editor not liking an updated version of javascript but it will require a bit of testing to narrow it down and then fix it.

More IT fun and games  :)
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #29 made 7 years ago
Just a thought after posting in another thread. Is is possible to change the font size or boldness? Replies and signatures are really close to the same. I think the post should stand out a little more than the signature. 
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #30 made 7 years ago
Pat wrote:As just mentioned here, a new extension inadvertently stopped most members and all guests from being able to read topics. Fixed now.

I've just noticed that when editing a post, certain things like colour are not working. I suspect there might be a few other problems such as pics may play up when posting in the green skin. This problem, I think, is caused by this editor not liking an updated version of javascript but it will require a bit of testing to narrow it down and then fix it.

More IT fun and games  :)
Perhaps colour doesn't work because it is misspelled?
just kidding...... selecting colors from the grid next to the blue A above works fine. Is there another way colour can be done?

Edited in color here, too.
Last edited by Pat on 01 Feb 2017, 16:29, edited 2 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #33 made 7 years ago
Thanks Scott ;). We still have no idea what caused that as we hadn't changed anything  :scratch:

[center]Two Major Files Just Changed[/center]

[left]We think we have narrowed down the cause of some things not working when posting or editing. I've just uploaded the new files so fingers crossed![/left]

[left]If any problems, please report them here or, if you are a Gold member, report them in the Gold Skin Bugs thread. [/left]

[left]Feel free to do some test posts in this thread. Just label them as test posts and I'll move them off the main board later. Please note what browser you are using.[/left]

[left]Chrome Users[/left]

[left]If problems persist, if in Chrome, try pressing F5. If still problems, try in an incognito window of Chrome. If it works there, go into your Chrome settings and clear your cache.[/left]

[left]Thanks  :salute:[/left]
[left]Pat[/left]

Post #34 made 7 years ago
Have been testing the following:
1. Paragraph Spacing
2. Posting Images inline
Lots of problems, one minute working in Opera but not Chrome. Opera went completely berserk for a while on se-square-left (see pic). Gold skin drop-downs wouldn't work in Opera at one stage but did in Chrome.

This test in Opera Using New Files

Both 1 and 2 above not working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #36 made 7 years ago
[center]Have Posted a Support Request on the phpBB Forum[/center]
After creating several new test sites from scratch, it looks like the problems we are having are with phpBB 3.1.10 so I've put in a support request on the phpBB forum.

This problem has probably been going on for quite some months now but been disguised amongst all the other additions we've made to phpBB. I've spent hours on it, Mikey spent 8 straight hours on it on Sunday and a phpBB style author has been working on it as well over the last week with no luck.

Fingers crossed we get a result shortly and can finally get into the content side.

:peace: 
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 11 Feb 2017, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 5 guests