Notes/Bugs on Temporary Skin

Post #1 made 7 years ago
As some members will know, we are in the process of moving to a completely new site structure. 
This involves the use of the not-so-great temporary skin you see now - don't worry, it is temporary, and the skin we will be using is far better. 
We will be starting a new topic soon to inform you of all the changes, however, in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know if the current skin is causing problems for you. 
We'll add your notes to the list below.

Cheers,
Pat

[center]Known Issues[/center]

[left]1. [s]Missing images[/s] [FIXED][/left]
[left]2. WYSIWYG Editor - Line spacing after paragraph return. (Note, to view BB Codes etc., when writing or editing a post, click on the last button immediately above your editing screen.)  [FIX - fix expected on Tuesday.][/left]
[left]3. [s]BB Codes - Some old posts are not employing the BB Codes (e.g. center)[/s]. [FIXED][/left]
[left]4. [s]Some Posts not appearing - The process used to fix 3 above has resulted in about 1,400 posts needing approval by a moderator :roll: . More details in Post #4 below.[/s] [FIXED][/left]
[left]5. [s]All posts appear as being edited by the user - The process used to fix 3 above has resulted in all posts on the board,bout 1,400 posts needing approval by a moderator  at least to moderators, appearing as being edited today :roll: . More details in Post #4 below.[/s]  [FIXED][/left]
[left]6. [s]Images Placed Inline appear twice[/s][s]- Clicking the place inline button results in the image code being placed twice.[/s]  [FIXED][/left]

[center]If Viewing on Phones, Tablets, Small Screens[/center]
[center](Do not use Tapatalk: phpBB3.1 does not need Tapatalk and may work poorly).[/center]

1.[s]Dropdown problems - Dropdown links found by either clicking on your Username (or Profile Pic towards top right) or the "burger" menu (three horizontal lines towards top left) are not working.[/s][FIXED]
Last edited by Pat on 31 Dec 2016, 20:21, edited 11 times in total.
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Re: Notes/Bugs on Temporary Skin

Post #2 made 7 years ago
End of first post edited to the following (thanks Mad_Scientist)....

[center](Do not use Tapatalk: phpBB3.1 does not need Tapatalk and may work poorly).[/center]

1. Dropdown problems - Dropdown links found by either clicking on your Username (or Profile Pic towards top right) or the "burger" menu (three horizontal lines towards top left) are not working. [FIX not sure how long atm]
Last edited by Pat on 28 Nov 2016, 22:11, edited 3 times in total.

Post #3 made 7 years ago
End of First Post edited to the following...

[center]Known Issues[/center]

[left]1. [s]Missing images[/s] [FIXED][/left]
[left]2. [s]WYSIWYG Editor - Not as WYSIWYG as we'd like! For example, line spacing. (Note, to view BB Codes etc., when writing or editing a post, click on the last button immediately above your editing screen.)[/s]  [FIXED][/left]
[left]3. BB Codes - Some old posts are not employing the BB Codes (e.g. center). [FIX in progress - takes several hours to complete.][/left]

1.[s] Dropdown problems - Dropdown links found by either clicking on your Username (or Profile Pic towards top right) or the "burger" menu (three horizontal lines towards top left) are not working. [/s][FIXED]
Last edited by Pat on 29 Nov 2016, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post #4 made 7 years ago
[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]First Post edited to the following...[/font]
[left]3. [s]BB Codes - Some old posts are not employing the BB Codes (e.g. center)[/s]. [FIXED][/left]
[left]4. Some Posts not appearing - The process used to fix 3 above has resulted in about 1,400 posts needing approval by a moderator :roll: . More details in Post #4 below. [FIX in progress][/left]
[left]5. All posts appear as being edited by the user - The process used to fix 3 above has resulted in all posts on the board,bout 1,400 posts needing approval by a moderator  at least to moderators, appearing as being edited today :roll: . More details in Post #4 below. [FIX - looking into a possible fix - low priority.][/left]

[left]Additional Notes[/left]
[left]Problem 3 above was caused by different html definitions being given between phpbb3.0 and phpbb3.1. To fix this requires either opening and closing every single post on the board or running a script. Obviously we went for the latter. We ran the script on a test site first and while that did result in Problem 5 above, number 4 did not occur.[/left]

[left]Problem 4 will take about another hour to fix. If we get time, we might look into a fix for problem 5 but it will definitely be a low priority.[/left]
Last edited by Pat on 29 Nov 2016, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post #8 made 7 years ago
Did you change it under board style?
Screenshot_20161130-191431.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #10 made 7 years ago
Oops! Two things...

Looks like someone in admin (maybe even me?) changed a setting to do some testing. There should actually be no option to change your board style (and for the moment, time preferences*). I have changed things back now so the only skin you should be seeing is the following one which is what we are referring to as "the temporary skin".

If you did manage to stumble across the "gold" skin, that will give you an idea of the things to come.

Thanks for the heads up  :salute:,
Pat

* Hopefully everyone sets their time upon registration. This option will return on the new skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BIABrewer on 01 Dec 2016, 10:30, edited 3 times in total.

Post #11 made 7 years ago
WYSIWYG problem has returned so first post edited back to....

WYSIWYG Editor - Not as WYSIWYG as we'd like! For example, line spacing. (Note, to view BB Codes etc., when writing or editing a post, click on the last button immediately above your editing screen.)  [FIX - problem seems to have returned. Hope for fix on Saturday]

Post #12 made 7 years ago
Just a heads up guys, two important things - for the next several hours, Sarah (who I'll introduce soon) and I will be mucking around with the following ...

[center]Possible Problems Today[/center]

1. Group Names
We will be adding some new groups and changing the names/colours of some existing ones. The new groups are:

Administrators
Support (Those who help admin out and other members)
Gold (Sort of like Enthusiast now)
Craft (Second highest level of membership)
Draft (Are able to post on the board post)
Dry (Lapsed - will explain later)
Untapped (Newly registered users who haven't made a first post)

2. Permissions

This is a very complex process so you might find some dodgy things happening while we complete this task. We'll let you know when we think we think we are finished and ask you to post any problems into this thread assuming you still are able to post (just joking, I think  :lol: )

Fingers crossed  :peace:,
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 01 Dec 2016, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

Post #14 made 7 years ago
aamcle wrote:Pat.

I can't find a "new posts" "latest posts" button is there one? Can we have on? I know I use that function each time I visit the site.

aamcle
Aamcle,
Hopefully, they're under the "Quick links" menu at the top-left of the screen, both on mobile phones and computers.
When you click, there will appear "New posts", "Unread posts", "Unanswered topics" and "Active topics".
See below:
temp skin screenshot.jpg
Let me know if any worries  :peace:
Pat
Last edited by BIABrewer on 01 Dec 2016, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Post #16 made 7 years ago
Groups and their permissions are now finished. We'll do what they call "forum permissions" tomorrow but I don't think that will cause any problems. Special thanks to Gold Members and to those appearing on the BIABrewer.info Council  :champ: :champ: :champ:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:Yes, I selected the "My Board Style" prosilver and now that line item is gone, not above the "My timezone" setting anymore. 
I'm stuck on the prosilver style, despite logging off and back on, also using 
Firefox.
Got ya Richard  ;). I know where to fix that in the database so give me 30 minutes and I'll make sure that you and any others stuck in that position get fixed.

:peace:  Pat

Post #19 made 7 years ago
YNot sure how it happened but just noticed my preferred Brewing style changed to Boiled Malt Extract... some others'...same issue, theirs shows BME. Will go in and change mine. Wanted to let you know.

EDIT - Changed it. My # of brews had also changed. Both took one step down.

And your age / date section. In instructions would be best to list what format this is. Like Date / Month / Year. Remember that we from the USA use a different format from what Europeans normally use. So for example 8/10/67 in USA vs. 10/8/67 in Europe, for August 10, 1967... 
Last edited by Scott on 05 Dec 2016, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #20 made 7 years ago
Thanks for that Scott ;),

Here's what must have happened. Yesterday, in the Brewing Methods and Experience Level fields, I added, " Please select one from below..." so, for example, the Experience Level drop-down used to look like...

No Brews, Under Five Brews.....Over 100 Brews whereas now it looks like....
Please select one from below..., No Brews, Under Five Brews.....Over 100 Brews

Looks like that pushed all the other fields up one  :roll:. Had to add in the first option though so as they would work as required fields.

Thanks for pointing this out as there is so much to keep an eye on atm, we simply don't have the time to check everything.

As for the time/date issue, I'll  have another look at it now and see if I can alter it. The problem is that time/date is in the same "module" as skin (board style) preferences so if we enable it, the user will be able to change their board style (skin) to the comin skin and that will cause a lot of problems atm. I'll let you know here if I have some luck with that.

:salute: 
Pat 

Post #21 made 7 years ago
Hey Pat,
If you just add (Date/Month/Year), or (Month/Date/Year) to the instructions area it would be fine. So it doesn't have to be "ambidextrous"... Just so long as it is spelled out so everyone knows how the date is supposed to be submitted, that would be great. If possible to do...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #22 made 7 years ago
I had a look at trying to enable date format in User Control Panel without enabling skin and it's too hard for me atm. Will see if Mikey can do it tomorrow.

As for posting a date, always better to write something unambiguous, a bit like what you should hopefully get when you hover on any time/date in this temporary skin (see pic below).

I'll also see if we can code the "Insert current time" button in the editor (button just to the right of the YouTube button) so it prints out something less ambiguous.

Thanks again  :salute:

Post #23 made 7 years ago
If there is not a way for there to be multiple date configurations without major pain, I recommend [number for day, three letter abbreviation for month, four digit year]  Even those of us in the US can comprehend that arrangement. 5 Dec 2016
I used to work for a "global" company and, over time, the employees migrated in that direction.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #25 made 7 years ago
I had a hard time posting two photos several days ago on my Recipe thread, I Heart Me.  It is the top post on page three.  When I hit place inline, three photos came in.  I had to remove both of those, yet the third one remains.  If you try to edit that post you will see no "place inline code".  I couldn't control where the photos were placed, example, text - photo - text - photo.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 39 guests