The Real Nonsense and Drunkin Rambling Thread

Post #1 made 8 years ago
It's 3:15AM here in SW Ontario and I am currently riding a 28 hr streak without sleep. I have worked 2 8 hr shifts in the last 24 hrs. I generally work midnight to 8AM but today I added a 4PM to midnight shift. Although I don't like the 4-12 shift ;I do love relaxing in front of the computer listening to tunes, surfing the web and enjoying some pops(I've lost count) after this shift.
Anyways; the chat thread is full of beer stuff and I never utilised the chat function. I think we could use a thread solely for drunkin' late night nonsense. I'd like to get to know you folks and your personalities away from answering brewing threads. I can see with our international membership a chat room is difficult( I'd end up on with all the Aussies :headhit: _) but I feel this thread could bridge the time zones.
It might just be the drunk and tired me sayin I Love you guys! But I do feel a kinship with you folks more so than most of the other boards I've been apart of.

So without further ado... Whatsup??
It took me 20min to type this with a bunch of errors. Maybe I should go to bed :blush:
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #2 made 8 years ago
Love you too Lumpy!

The chat function never really took off. Though I never used it, what I saw was effectively an open ended thread due to time zones etc.
In effect it was no different that just using the sites normal communications route. :headhit:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #3 made 8 years ago
Lumpy5oh wrote:I'd like to get to know you folks and your personalities away from ... brewing threads.
Great idea Ron :thumbs:,

I love you more than mally though okay? :lol:

Asking or answering questions here is nearly always enjoyable or, if not, it can challenge you, which is also almost always enjoyable. But, getting to know other brewers is always the best, for me at least.

One of the most interesting threads on this site is the "My first post" thread. I'd love to read every single post in that one as there are some amazing posts there. The differences in climate, culture and circumstances make for excellent reading. (From what I know, the new site will make it much easier for brewers to know each other better. Hopefully, it will also facilitate the meeting of brewers face to face either virtually or really).

When it comes to brewing, I've found it to be a more down to earth type hobby than others. Whilst there are exceptions, brewers, male and female, seem to be a great bunch. And, there are definitely some real characters who, even when I just think of them, make me laugh.

I'll try and have more drinks before posting here again. When I do, I'll either harp on about beauty (things being right) or bitch about things that don't make sense - lol.

For my first post to this thread, I'd like to stay with beauty as it's far important to me than the non-sensical. This is one of my favourites and who knows what members here have been to or come from some of these places?

:party:
Pat
Last edited by PistolPatch on 12 Mar 2016, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4 made 8 years ago
Nice video. Very cool to see all those places.
That love you guys line was funnier in my head last night.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga

Post #5 made 8 years ago
Lumpy, Don't remember where you hail from , but I'm in Florida and off on Mondays . I'm sure I can start drinking after I get my youngest off to middle school. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: .
I'm sure I could get a drunken rambling going ! :lol: :lol:
Joe
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6 made 8 years ago
[EDIT: Tried to post the below several times but it comes up with an error. Will try now in two parts.]
Lumpy5oh wrote:Nice video.
I know there is a time of year that the forum gets really quiet, but, I thought it was later in the year?

Anyway, Ron, you started the thread with a ramble provoked by, you say, a lack of sleep. The title you chose for the thread, in a court of law, would cast substantial reasonable doubt on that flimsy lack of sleep excuse :). But, if you need someone to testify on your behalf, I'm there. Mally would be too but you didn't love him back; he's obviously got less resilience :whistle:.

Moving on, you asked to hear about our personalities, away from brewing, and also asked, "Whatsup??" Well, most of today, I wrote up stuff for the new site (cleaning and sanitising, still not finished), but, before I even started that, I wrote an email to one of my many sisters as she also loves the Where the Hell is Matt 2008 video. The email took about five hours to write as I had no idea how hard it would be to get the background on the video.

I'm going to copy most of that email here and its attachment. The email was written before drinking, a pastime I try to reserve for writing on drinking :). So, it is not a drunken rambling but I hope it is along the lines of what you are after.

Here you go...
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Mar 2016, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #7 made 8 years ago
[EDIT: Still having problems posting. Here's part 2 of ???]
I have no idea why I didn’t research this before but I just looked into the song behind the 2008 Where the Hell is Matt video. The song is called Praan, is composed by Garry Schyman especially for the video. The kicker for me though was that the lyrics of Praan (“Life”) are adapted from the “Stream of Life,” by Rabindranath Tagore, who was the first non-European to win the Nobel prize for literature. I used to use “The Stream of Life” when teaching my seminars years ago!

The first time I heard it quoted was by Deepak Chopra on a video I have here. I’ll have to get that video transferred to disc as Deepak’s translation flows better than the English one (done by Ragore himself). You’ll find Ragore’s one here as well as an interesting story on how they found the right person to sing the lyrics (a 17 year old girl). I think I can still remember Deepak’s translation though...

In fact, from memory, I’m sure he prefaced it with the following from Kafka...

You do not need to leave your room,.
Remain sitting at your table and listen.
Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary.
The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked,
It has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.

And that same stream of life that runs through your veins, night and day,
Runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth,
Through countless blades of grass and tumultuous waves of flowers.
It’s the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow.
And your limbs will be made glorious by the touch of this whirl of life,
As the lifethrob of ages dances within you for every moment of your existence.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Mar 2016, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.

Post #8 made 8 years ago
[EDIT: Part 3 of 3 hopefully :pray:]
Now, after researching all that, I now find that the song was “inspired” by Stream of Life. I’ll attach a translation of the lyrics as a .pdf. [My goodness, like the above, trying to find the right information was quite difficult. The two translations I found, didn’t agree (2nd page of pdf), so I’ve used them to do my own interpretation on the first page. (One source I read, said that some Bengalese couldn’t even work out the lyrics :).]

I’ve also just found Tagore’s Gitanjali online which is the book he gained the Nobel prize for. I think that is going to be a beautiful read.

I better get onto some higher work now – writing my new beer website!
I know the thread is called, real nonsense and drunken ramblings, but, sometimes, having a few beers also enables us to talk real "sense", or, what I call beauty.

While the above, for me at least, is a powerful expression of beauty, there are many expressions. Everywhere, even in brewing, there is much beauty to be found, whether it be in the simplification of a process (full-volume brewing) or in the striving and/or provision of 'sensical' information.

Lumpy said he found the video 'nice' whilst I can watch it over and over. Different things resonate for different people. I've got a heap of other things that might particularly resonate with me: stories, songs, humour, dances, processes, people.

Lots of stuff online as well.

You asked for, and I promised, a drunken ramble Ron. That's mine. It's way too long I know. But, hopefully, it will inspire other members to post one story, link etc., with the secure knowledge that, if it doesn't resonate, they can at least say...

"Well, it was a fuck'n lot shorter than PistolPatch's post." :shoot: :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Mar 2016, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.

Post #9 made 8 years ago
Maybe I should have said Very nice video! I am typically a man of few words so don't take my short reply as dismissive. Although if someone had posted that video on Facebook I probably would have glossed it over and moved on. I usually skip of the positive posts and misquoted quotes. Post a video of bouncing boobs or fart jokes of puppies(I just can't ignore puppies) and I'll stop. Post a video of a lady with bouncing boobies holding a farting puppy and you have my attention all day! Anyways because of where and who posted the video I did watch. The two things that struck me about the video was how cool it would be to see all those places. I have never traveled further than where a car could take me. Secondly all those different people coming together to dance and enjoy themselves. With all the crap these days it was nice to see.

Weehoosebrewing.ga

Post #10 made 8 years ago
Haha :). I'm back to writing brewing posts today Ron. If I was drunk, my next trick would be listing all the places in the video and trying to find out who had been where :interesting:.

Do you want more quotes?

:P

Post #11 made 8 years ago
dancing locations

There is even a wikipedia page

I have been to a few of those countries, maybe we could all club together and "chalk them off", lets see where BIABrewer hasn't been?
Last edited by mally on 14 Mar 2016, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
G B

Post #12 made 8 years ago
For a beer website there doesn't seem to be many drinkers here. :o
I've been drinking growlers from a local brewery and vacuum sealing 110lbs of grain today. My dogs are pretty happy with my lack of aim so far. Just an update from my previous posts: I haven't been able to find a video of a bouncy breasted woman holding a farting dog. This internet thing sucks! :shoot:

Weehoosebrewing.ga

Post #13 made 8 years ago
Lumpy5oh wrote:For a beer website there doesn't seem to be many drinkers here. :o
I agree Lumpy. This should be the "My Second Post" thread. After all, unless you've had some sort of ramble here, how can anyone know that any questions you ask or answers you give are to be trusted?

Can I do another quote now? Please! Did you just say yes, Lumpy? Good on you and here you go...

"Some passed with their senses discreetly averted, and, at the end of their searching, were impoverished. Those with the 'innocent eye,' paused from time to time, and they inherited the riches of life."
John Kyle.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 22 Mar 2016, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Post #15 made 8 years ago
Good on you Lumpy ;). Here's today's adventure...

Been trying to lend an Amazon Kindle book to my sister but haven’t been able to do so since changing to the Australian Amazon site. I know there is some way of changing your account back to US so thought I’d give Amazon a call. It’s ringing...

Uh oh! A nice Indian lady, Sumana, but I can’t understand a word she is saying and she can’t understand a word I am saying.

Entire call was 20 minutes. Below is just a tiny excerpt from the conversation and I use that word loosely. This is the bit where I was trying to convey the title of the book I was trying to lend - ‘Squall.’ (I’m in bold and you’ll see I got the hang of things in the end)...

Squeal? No, Squall. Squirrell? No, Squall. Squoll? No, Squall. Can you smell it for me? No, it’s a digital book. Can you smell it for me? Spell it? Yes, smell it. S for Sam. C for cam? No, S for Samuel. Emanuel? No, S for scream! S like estimate? Close enough – next letter is Q for queue. Queue? Yes! Okay, C for cue. No, Q as in quiet. Okay [she said this suspiciously slowly]. Did you mean okay or, Oh! K? Yes, K as in cue. No, Q as in quantify. Oh, quantify, K. Let’s come back to that one; the next letter is U. Partrick, is this the second letter? No, it’s the third one. The one after K? Yes. Okay. The next letter is U. Queue? No, U as in under. Like under an umbrella? Yes! You are doing really well. The next letter is A. [Long pause] A what? The next letter is A as in apple. A as in arm? Yes! Okay, R. No, A as in apple the fruit, not R as in aardvark. A for apple? Yes! That’s great! The next letter is L as in elephant. Or as in leg? [Long pause from me this time calculating if there could be any possibility of confusion] Yes, you’ve got one immediately! I don’t have an elephant now Partrick. Sorry, I meant you had a leg. Yes, I do. Sorry Partrick, what was the letter after A? That was L for elephant. Thank you Partrick for your patience. Not a problem. The last letter is another L. Another elephant? Yes. So there are two elephants in the book? Yes. Let me read that back to you Partrick. The book is called Sprawl. E, K, U, A, L, L. Partrick, shouldn’t Sprawl begin with an S? Yes. Can you for me holding the line Partrick? Yes. [One minute wait.] Thank you for your holding Partrick. Are you sure your purchase was from Amazon? Yes. But Amazon does not sell any book with that spelling. Okay, can you change the second letter to Q as in question? But you said K before? Yes, sorry I was incorrect. So the book is S Q U A L L. Yes! Yes! Can you for me holding the line Partrick? Yes. [One minute wait.] Thank you for your holding Partrick. Amazon does sell that book. Would you like to purchase it? No, remember I was saying earlier that I was unable to lend it? Did you purchase it? Yes. Then you can lend it. No, I can’t. This is what I am calling about. The book is lending enabled but there is no option for me to do so. Can you for me holding the line Partrick? Yes. [One minute wait.] Thank you for your holding Partrick. Squirrell is lending enabled so you can lend it. No, this is what I’m ringing about. I think I am unable to lend it because my account is in Australia. Can you for me holding the line Partrick? Yes. [One minute wait.] Thank you for your holding Partrick. Your account is in Australia so you cannot lend it. Okay, how can I change my account back so it is a US account again? Can you for me holding the line Partrick? Yes. [One minute wait.] Thank you for your holding Partrick. You will need to call for Amazon in Australia to help you. I will email you for their details Partrick so wait beside your email soon. Thank you very much Sumana and you have a nice day. Thankyou Partrick and I hope I have been of excellent service to you and have solved your problem. Yes, it was very good, thank you. You have a great week Partrick. You too Sumana.

FFS! It’s only midday, too early to drink yet. Might as well get this bloody problem solved. Let me call Amazon Australia... Press all the numbers and it’s ringing – really not much wait time at all. Cool!

“Hello, welcome to Amazon Australia, this is Sumana speaking. How may I help you today?”

Noooooo!
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 Mar 2016, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post #17 made 8 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:.

That is gold Josh :thumbs:.

So, "Sierra, Quebec, Uniform, Alfa, Lima, Lima" is S K U A L L ?

Noooooo!
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 Mar 2016, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post #18 made 8 years ago
PP, Sorry, that should have been "Sierra, Kilo, Uniform, Alfa, Lima, Lima"
Last edited by joshua on 24 Mar 2016, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.

Post #19 made 8 years ago
Is the book any good?
G B

Post #21 made 8 years ago
joshua wrote:PP, Sorry, that should have been "Sierra, Kilo, Uniform, Alfa, Lima, Lima"
That's better.

Hold on???

Noooooo! Squall not Skuall!
mally wrote:Is the book any good?
Which one? Skuall or Squall? I read Squall on my Kindle but, from the look of the below, the paperback version is a lot better.
Squall.jpg
Mad_Scientist wrote:Next time, ask her to phonically spell her name. That would be three letters to the puzzle.
Now, that's the sort of breakthrough type thinking I expect here on BIABrewer. Nice job MS :salute:.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 Mar 2016, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Post #22 made 8 years ago
Sod Richard and his useful replies.

If you ever sort out lending that book out let me know, it sounds great!
G B

Post #23 made 8 years ago
Lol. PP.
I used to work for a Canadian phone company. People would always compain about the Indian call center. Fortunately Canada is bilingual and we would tell customers to say "francais" when asked about language. They would be transferred to a Canadian call center. When the tech would say Bonjour the customer could say hello and usually get help in English.

Weehoosebrewing.ga

Post #24 made 8 years ago
Lumpy5oh wrote:...we would tell customers to say "francais" when asked about language...
My sister reckons to next time say I am disabled and I will get put through to a WASP speaker, whatever that is :scratch:.
mally wrote: If you ever sort out lending that book out let me know, it sounds great!
Mine had no elephants in it. If you want elephants, you may have to purchase the paperback? At $90, I reckon it would have a whole herd!
Last edited by PistolPatch on 25 Mar 2016, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

Post #25 made 8 years ago
Please do not Kill Wasp's.

Thank You.
(Society of White Anglo-Saxon Protestants)
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 27 guests