Merry Xmas. What's under your tree?

Post #1 made 8 years ago
WHAT'S IN MY BOX?

My gf gave me a box brought over from England. It's obviously a wine making kit containing six demijohns, but what is this? Some kind of crusher? The white plastic insert is tapered, wider at top, bottom matches diameter of rod.
IMG_20151224_085418785.jpg
[MODNOTE: Merged two Xmas threads and changed topic title to suit merge. Merry Christmas all :).]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 24 Dec 2015, 23:10, edited 3 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #2 made 8 years ago
Sorry MS, they have nothing to do with wine-making - they are obviously sex toys. Good for you though, they look unused but, just to be on the safe side, I would search my posts here for the 'nostril test'. As I always say, the nose knows ;).

I think your girlfriend is just trying to say "Merry Christmas" in a somewhat new way to perhaps spice things up a bit? I can't be sure though as that sort of equipment is a little bit out of my area of expertise :interesting:.

Did anyone else get anything exciting under their Christmas tree?
PP

P.S. Merry Christmas to MS and all the other great troops here :thumbs: :clap: :salute: :champ: :party: :drink:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 8 years ago
Hmm... my girl knows me well, it's a perfect fit. I don't really have any time for this 'unit', as she keeps me busy twice a day.

P.S. Merry Christmas PP and ya'll.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Merry Christmas! !

Post #5 made 8 years ago
Hoping everyone has a happy and healthy Christmas. Play safe over the holidays.
santa-keg-t-shirt-1354937841.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lumpy5oh on 25 Dec 2015, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #7 made 8 years ago
Yeasty wrote:Its a wine corker I think ??
:salute:

Yeasty
Or possibly a cork soaker. :think: :lol:

I got a sous vide thing for my other hobby (cooking). I'll likely use it more often to help make lacto starters,or even for diacetyl rest during these winter mos.
Last edited by Rick on 26 Dec 2015, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #10 made 8 years ago
Lol MS.

Scored a cheese-making book and cheese-making equipment :yum:. A lot of cheese-making ties in with brewing. In other words, the same equipment used to produce liver failure can be used to produce heart failure which basically can halve your carbon footprint!

Actually had one of the best Xmas days ever, about 12 hours of crying with laughter. It was the perfect storm of everyone's best qualities. I hope at least a few other members here scored a great day or a present as interesting as Mad_Scientist's.

:)
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #13 made 8 years ago
Merry Christmas everyone!

No, nothing so exciting as MS's gift :party: - but something useful. My 4th Perlick faucett- this time a new 625 to go along with three 525s (older model). Have had trouble with now a second 525 getting o-rings pinched inside somehow and having continual small leak of beer (having to change o-rings). Hopefully the new 625 is a more durable design than what I've experienced with the 525.

PP - best of luck with the cheese making. My son did a bunch of that. High school senior project last year. Sure he would rather have made beer but that would have been "frowned upon"... ;) Both rely on fermentation. And my wife found some kind of quicker microwaveable cheese making device for him this year. I personally have my doubts a microwave will make high quality cheese, but whatever is made should be quick...who knows. So I hope your cheese making goes great! :luck:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #14 made 8 years ago
Scott - just like my 'toy', seams like you can clean and use some food grade lube for the perliks from pinching.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Post #15 made 8 years ago
Hey MS, I have done that. (Cleaned and use food grade lube). They seem finicky. Well, maybe it's time to do it again. Haven't disassembled and cleaned all taps since Aug/Sept. They get sanitized spray shot up them and over fawcett at each use... Well who knows, certainly could be user error. Don't really have a huge amount of experience with taps (2-3 yrs). Plan to clean them again soon...and the new one before use.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 39 guests