Technical Errors - Bugs

Post #1 made 14 years ago
All brewers, new and experienced, are encouraged to reply to this topic provided they have read the below.

Please report any technical errors or bugs in this thread. Before reporting, please check, "Current Errors," below to make sure your error is not already being addressed.

CURRENT ERRORS as at 17th April 2010.

1. Two bugs with The Converter. See here for details.

All brewers, new and experienced, are encouraged to reply to this topic provided they have read the above.
Last edited by BIABrewer on 08 Jan 2017, 18:32, edited 42 times in total.

Post #2 made 14 years ago
There appears to be an inactivity timer running :?:

I started a post on the BJCP thread when I was logged in, but by the time I actually posted it, its under Guest users.

If so, can it be increased somewhat/ I had to stop and put the kids to bed.

Regards,

[AdminNote: Timeout now increased to 4 hours.]
Last edited by texasranger on 15 Apr 2010, 18:55, edited 41 times in total.
TexasRanger

In wine there is wisdom.
In beer there is strength.
In water there is bacteria.
- German Proverb

Post #3 made 13 years ago
There appear to be some incompatibilities between the board and iPhones.

If I try to post a reply, with an iPhone (iPhone OS 4.0.1), in landscape mode, then the reply/preview buttons obscure the text once you get to the third line or so.

Makes it impossible to post a long message from an iPhone :)

Funnily enough if you do it in portrait mode, it seems to work.

Its seems to be something to do with the board deciding to resize the text area for the small screen... which is messing it up.

Should be fairly easy to reproduce
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #4 made 13 years ago
stux: I just had a crack at trying to reproduce your problem, but I can't seem to. Can you please give me some more details on what you're exactly doing?? I had a go on the Quick Reply and the Full Editor, and maanged to make a largish (albeit mainly white space :P) post with no resize problems. iOS4.1 here is the only difference though, but I doubt that's it.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #5 made 13 years ago
6 my six is now below the submit button and I am typing blind
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda

5/7/12

Post #6 made 13 years ago
Did the above with the fast reply. Key is landscape mode not portrait

When I typed the 2 the text seemed to get bigger

Could easily be w 401 iPhone bug

5/7/12

Post #7 made 13 years ago
Q
W
E
R
T
Y
U
I
O
P
My iPhone seems to work ok I'm not sure what os version I've got at the moment.
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

[center]Homer Simpson[/center]
[center]K.I.S.S., B.I.A.B.[/center]

Post #8 made 13 years ago

Seems to work alright on iPad wi ios 3.2

Wizard: settings, general, about, version, will tell you the ios version

5/7/12

Post #9 made 13 years ago
Thanks stux, I've got os 4.1
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

Post #11 made 13 years ago
NME wrote:What an odd bug to introduce....
Let us know if it's still a problem if/when you go to 4.1 stux.
will do
Last edited by stux on 29 Nov 2010, 14:37, edited 41 times in total.

5/7/12

Post #13 made 12 years ago
I find I have to re-login quite often... I assume that's the same thing

5/7/12

Post #14 made 12 years ago
yes, i am curious if my cookie handling is the culprit, or the site expires cookies after session end? whatever the reason, i want to find a way to make the cookie not expire.
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '11]

Post #16 made 12 years ago
IE never logs me out
[/center]

Post #18 made 12 years ago
Thanks for your feedback guys. I use a few different browsers and cannot find any consistency in when I get looged out. The session lenght on the forum is set to 24 hours so I would have thought everyone was logged out once a day.

Some more feedback on this would be great.

Thanks,
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #19 made 12 years ago
I use FF 3.6.20 and an aftermarket cookie handler. I've been looking at my end and found the site has session cookies, 24 hrs, 1 year, and 2 years expiration dates. Can't decipher which is the login cookie. :(

Post #21 made 12 years ago
I tried it and it was rather odd where everything is located, thus I remain at this version. Let's call it fixed... I just have to login every visit. If that is the worst issue, we're doing good! :sneak:

Post #22 made 12 years ago
Having everything in different places bugged me at first but then I just moved them to were they should be :)
Last edited by hashie on 25 Aug 2011, 07:26, edited 41 times in total.
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #23 made 11 years ago
I don't seem to be getting notification emails anymore, is this a problem at your end?
I haven't changed anything here, but haven't been getting them for a few days now :scratch:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #24 made 11 years ago
I've noticed this as well over at least the last week and had it happen once before.

When it happened once before, admin (NME) looked into it but couldn't find anything wrong. About a week later it started working again. Go figure :smoke:.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #25 made 11 years ago
Hi,

It must be working, because it was a notification e-mail that brought me here ;) Just double check that you're still "subscribed" (link at the top of the page)

Return to “Your Feedback”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 10 guests