Post #55 made 9 years ago
Another great one :party: :drink: :party:,

You reckon being the author of this thread I would have realised it started at 1 not 2 pm :lol:. Think it's always been 2 in the past?

Good job on the bronze Lukas. Hopefully we all scored a little something :). Loved how NME's first place in the state comp got nothing in this one but some other did. Same thing happened to Asher :). I don't think we'll ever work that one out. Next year though we should probably do our mini-swap like we did last year as that was interesting.

Loved the Mash CopyCat and the Hop Hog as usual. Would have been great to have gone to the Feral tasting with a clean palate and fresh brain capable of taking it all in properly. Really nice set-up there. No idea what time I wandered off and into a taxi :scratch:.

Did anyone last until 10 pm at Feral?

Did Mrs Aces fall asleep before 6pm? (Great result for your beers Stu!)

How was Freo Steve?
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #56 made 9 years ago
I was told by Mrs Bundy we got home about 10.30 so must have been at feral till somewhere near then. Good fun. Thanks guys.

So thrilled with my Top Ten result!. (so what there was only 8 entries in my category. And I was 7th... It's still a top ten finish!)

:-D
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #57 made 9 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:Another great one :party: :drink: :party:,

You reckon being the author of this thread I would have realised it started at 1 not 2 pm :lol:. Think it's always been 2 in the past?

Did Mrs Aces fall asleep before 6pm? (Great result for your beers Stu!)

How was Freo Steve?
I missed that 1pm start on the ticket as well. Realised about 20 minutes before it started and drove like a crazy man so I didn't miss out on any drinking time

Yep, she sure did, got home, had a beer and she disappeared off to bed. Those extra few hours of tasting this year really caught up on us, I was well sozzled by the time we got home, but managed to sink a couple more before bed. Probably buoyed on by my medals ;)

They certainly wouldn't have let us in at the feral tap takeover.. we were already too feral.

Who made it to the feral night?

And what happened to Hippy?
Last edited by Aces high on 28 Oct 2014, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Post #58 made 9 years ago
Hey guys.
Sorry I missed it but I was sick as a dog on Saturday and not up to it.
My brother was still keen to use the tickets and then pulled out at the last minute otherwise I would have offered the tickets up.
Oh well, ended up with a silver for one of my beers so I guess it was still worth the hassle.
Sounds like you had a good day anyway.

Post #59 made 9 years ago
Uggh. I should really stop going out after this thing. Made it to Feral with some of the guys, had a Hop Hog on entry, then it all gets a little fuzzy :P I don't even remember what the next beer was. I saw a text convo with my mate obviously after I'd gone to buy beer

"I totally can't find you"
"I'm in the same spot"
"I have no idea where that is"

Good times. Pretty chuffed with a bronze for my Oatmeal Stout. Bamboozled about the score from my Altbier.

Post #61 made 9 years ago
Just had a few beers with sinkas in Freo. Excellent as always. The judge picked up the diacetyl that Sinkas found in my beer so nice picking sinkas!

Got my results back and scored 16 out of 20 but official results were 14.6 or something. What I thihnk is going on is one judge is doing each section but they are then scaling that judges results against the other judges. In the olden days (four years ago). I used to get three or four judges sheets back for every beer I put in. Now, we just get one.

Aces, read above again for who made it to Feral. After that, go and post your wins in this thread. Same with you Simon! (Remember to post a few of our lowly bronze results as well.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 08 Nov 2014, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests