Post #27 made 9 years ago
Can't make it this weekend. One of my entries is still fermenting as well so I won't bottle that until next Monday night once I've carbed the keg up. Nothing like leaving things to the last minute.

Post #29 made 9 years ago
Still 18 days until the Exhibitor Tasting alanem so book your flight now :).

As for this weekend, you won't be missing much as everyone has something happening except for Lukas :o. bundy had the weakest excuse though - he has to stay home and watch the Bathurst V8 races all weekend. Just watch here!

Hippy and everyone else will be there on the 25th though so all is good!

Lukas, come any time you want, just let me know in advance. There is a possibility that Simo might be able to make it Sun arvo so maybe favour that? I've got man flu but I reckon that will be gone well before the weekend. I'm trying to put in out with beer right now!

:drink:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #31 made 9 years ago
Good stuff. Just found my dispensing fridge defroster was not turning off so my fridge has been at 10 C for at least several days. Have moved beers to other fridge while I pull this one apart. Also force carbed by weight on this brew... Basically expect foamy, possibly warm beer tomorrow beer :P.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #32 made 9 years ago
Changed title again to date of exhibitor's tasting.

Enjoyed Sunday :thumbs:. sinkas, just after you left, I remembered I still had a few of last year's entries in the fridge. I'll leave it up to Lukas and NME to let you know what we thought. (I already drank yours a few months ago sorry - :yum:).

Post #34 made 9 years ago
Haha. I just drank the rest of my porter tonight :P Can't get over how good it was after 12 months, especially seeing as it was bottled from the keg! They all tasted pretty great.

Looking forward to the tasting!! Does this officially mark the start of WA Beer Week this year??

Post #35 made 9 years ago
As always another great Sunday arvo sampling Perths finest lol
As per NME mine was a English ale and bottled from the keg, tasted Shit 12 months ago!
What a difference after a year! It was a nice drop, shame it was only one bottle :(
So does that mean I should brew the same and leave for a year??

NME had a nice stout for us to sample amongst others

PP had a tasty low abv apa which was surprising ! Not that is was tasty but the low abv :)

My entry this year had mixed reviews( pp said I should tip it out :) )
Think I should clear all my hops and start with fresh ones.

Catch up next Saturday , good luck to all that entered

Post #36 made 9 years ago
We'll see you there Hippy but we won't see sinkas as he's off overseas. He reckons it is the only safe place to be with the over-carbonated beers he entered :).

NME, of course we start the beginning of WA Beer Week :P.

lukas, I never said tip it out and you know I am a fan of your beer - usually. This one had the extract twang (because it was extract) but we all know how sensitive my palate is to that so it mightn't be anything to worry about.

I'm really pleased with my entry this year because it gave me the opportunity to learn from sinkas what diacetyl is :lol:. Remember, "Butter menthol". I actually like butter menthols though :scratch:. (My beer is way too thin and many other things so no 'scores' for me this year I'm afraid.)

Always great fun having beers with you. God knows where we will end up next Saturday as there are so many things on :drink:.

:shock:
Last edited by PistolPatch on 18 Oct 2014, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post #37 made 9 years ago
Have a good time,
and don't forget to go to "night of the barrels" at the sail and anchor it was a crazy event last year.
I am also sorry that "butter menthols" ruined most of the craft beer world for you, you are welcome
Case
    • MVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Estonia

Post #38 made 9 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:lukas, I never said tip it out and you know I am a fan of your beer - usually. This one had the extract twang (because it was extract) but we all know how sensitive my palate is to that so it mightn't be anything to worry about.
haha yeah mate I know you didn't , was kidding :salute:
Last edited by lukasfab on 20 Oct 2014, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post #39 made 9 years ago
Hi All, does anyone have any extra tickets for the tasting day? I've got a few friends that want to come along. Cecilia is no longer organising the show and the new guy it a bit stricter on giving out extra tickets

Aces

Post #41 made 9 years ago
NME wrote:
Just saw this: https://www.facebook.com/events/700825376651389/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm thinking it might be a good thing to move onto after the tasting?? Not that I don't cherish our trips to the Sail afterwards, but at least this points me in the direction of home ;)
Hmmmm I like your thinking. Only a few short train stops from the Showgrounds and a 5pm kickoff fits the schedule nicely.
Last edited by bundy on 21 Oct 2014, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #44 made 9 years ago
Might be the wrong direction for me geography-wise but definitely the right direction beer-wise :). I'm in for sure.

Should we run a book on who will get refused service first?

Where's the closest kebab shop? (I use the receipt from the shop to work out what time I finished up on RPBS tasting day :smoke:)
Last edited by PistolPatch on 21 Oct 2014, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Post #45 made 9 years ago
Aces high wrote:Hi All, does anyone have any extra tickets for the tasting day? I've got a few friends that want to come along. Cecilia is no longer organising the show and the new guy it a bit stricter on giving out extra tickets

Aces
Well, i'll take that as a NO, might see if anyone on AHB has extras.

Feral fest sounds like a plan and is in the right direction for a change
Last edited by Aces high on 22 Oct 2014, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post #46 made 9 years ago
Did you get the tickets from O-beer-wan-kenobi on AHB Stu? If not, what's wrong with the old colour photocopier? :)

Bring back Cecilia :party:

Post #47 made 9 years ago
Yep, all looking good. I should be picking them up today.

You'd think after entering 4 beers and paying $80 bucks they could spare a few extra tickets... yeah bring back Cecilia.

Not sure these new ones are as easy to photocopy like the old ones :dunno:

Post #49 made 9 years ago
I hope we'll be seeing you there Steve. If so, leave your bike so you can kick on into town ;).

Stu, tickets are still the same. You just need the right paper ;).

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 9 guests