Harvesting cricketers golden lager?

Post #1 made 9 years ago
Hey,

Anyone know what yeast is used in this? The same fermenting yeast, or a bottle yeast?

I had most of a six pack tonight with SWMBO, I had no jars pressure cooked, so instead of pouring the dregs of each stubby into a jar, I capped them with sanitised lids and put them in my brew fridge. I didn't have any cooled boiled water to pour into them, so instead I hope they will last until tomorrow and I'll transfer them to a jar and start yeast washing so I can store it.

If I hear it's good yeast I'll go through the process, if not I've only wasted a few lids.

Sound okay?
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #2 made 9 years ago
nicko wrote:Hey,

Anyone know what yeast is used in this? The same fermenting yeast, or a bottle yeast?

I had most of a six pack tonight with SWMBO, I had no jars pressure cooked, so instead of pouring the dregs of each stubby into a jar, I capped them with sanitised lids and put them in my brew fridge. I didn't have any cooled boiled water to pour into them, so instead I hope they will last until tomorrow and I'll transfer them to a jar and start yeast washing so I can store it.

If I hear it's good yeast I'll go through the process, if not I've only wasted a few lids.

Sound okay?
Hi Nicko :lol:

I talked with an experienced brewer today and his opinion is that the beer dregs should be covered by a layer of boiled cooled water to prevent oxygen getting to the yeast (I think that's right), so I'm boiling up some water atm and will keep the water stored and ready for future use. I've got a six pack of coopers sitting there that I plan to harvest the yeast from. I'll throw those other bottles out.

Cheers.
Last edited by nicko on 26 Jul 2014, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Return to “Yeasts”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 1 guest