Post #4627 made 10 years ago
victor,

There are approximately 1,234 members from Canada on this site. They are all great BIAB brewers. Anyone can help you. Watch out for Lylo! That guy is crazy! Although he does know his football!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4628 made 10 years ago
Hello All :)

I heard of this place from another forum (Canadian Home Brewers) I have the same handle there.
I live in the little town of Pakenham, ON
Been doing extract for a month now. Should have my first 5Gal batch soon Woot, woot!!
I work days and brew weekends. Want to get into BIAB this summer soIi am starting to research now.
Cheers!!

the Kegs: Kerry's Bock Baby!, Godd's E-Brown, Godd's ESB, Bitter Mister Mom,
In the Carboy: For the love of dunkel,
Up Next: Kerry's Bock Baby!(V1.1)
87 Gals beer - Running Total

Post #4629 made 10 years ago
SeanGodd,

Welcome to the obsession. Research away! We are quite a BIAB story. Open the book on us and read.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4631 made 10 years ago
jsst1620,

We will be here in the summer for you. Ready and willing to help. So by Summer in Canada you mean July?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4632 made 10 years ago
Hey there! I'm from Southern Ontario, Canada. I have been extract brewing for about a year now, and I'm now looking to try some all-grain. I'm really interested in Mini-BIAB batches since I'm working with limited space. From what I've read, this site appears to be a great resource! Looking forward to making better beer!

My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #4633 made 10 years ago
Hi guys Steve here ,
I'm from little ol NZ , I've just started brewing about to tackle my first all grain ( it's my forth brew ) and it's going to be a biab .
I've chosen to do a smash ( why do folks type it SMaSH ) . I've got 5.5 kg of Maris otter malt and citra for the hops , and I can't wait .
Wow I must say there is some knowledge here on this site I may just wait till next Sunday to brew as I've got to read as much as I can . ( truth be known , I've got a sneaky little porter to bottle this weekend )
If there are any other kiwis on this site in the Auckland area I'd like to catch up as I don't know any other brewers .
Cheers
Steve
Barefoot brewer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post #4634 made 10 years ago
Cidma, Barefootbrewer,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of information to digest. Beer aids good digestion. SMaSH is just typed that way just to emphasize ( Single Malt - Single Hops. ) The (a) "and" in is only there to make it a "cool" brewing word!! We brewers are a strange lot! We get "Smashed a lot! :lol:
Last edited by BobBrews on 26 Feb 2014, 21:25, edited 12 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4635 made 10 years ago
Hello all! I am from central Indiana, USA. My husband and I recently completed two 5 gallon extract kits but plan to move to small batch, stovetop, BIAB method. We just ordered ingredients for four 1-3 gallon batches that we plan to brew over the next 4-6 weeks. We have been doing a good deal of reading on the method, but have found some confusing information so decided to turn to a source dedicated to BIAB. I've browsed your site as a guest and am thrilled at the amount of content and clarity. Thank you for providing this resource!

Post #4636 made 10 years ago
Hello from Maine. I mashed in earlier tonight on my first BIAB, it's a 2-row/Cascade SMaSH. Hit my mash temp and held it pretty well (aiming for 152, had to use a little extra heat during the mash as it's about 14F outside where I'm brewing), now enjoying the aroma of the Cascades and making my first post on BIABrewer. Found out about this site from the other homebrew site I frequent, homebrewtalk.com

Post #4637 made 10 years ago
Hi from the heart of the Adirondack mountains. I've been brewing from kits and have done one brew in a bag and am changing over to BIAB because I want to be able to simplify my ingredients to use mostly organic malt that I can purchase bulk and I believe it's a more natural and clean method because I can control where my malt comes from. Thanks for having me.

Yvette

Post #4638 made 10 years ago
Reesee,boydster,Hairymare,

Welcome to you all. BIAB world headquarters is where you are. No beating around the bush. Peaking into unknown places or skulking around. You Have hit the jackpot! It's all here. Ready and willing to make you a champion brewer. Read and brew!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4640 made 10 years ago
Hi everyone! A relatively new brewer here from the Dallas area. I have 6 extract batches under my belt, and I'm looking to move to all grain next. I've been looking into the BIAB method, to avoid having to spend the money to buy everything for a seperate mash tun. I did recently upgrade to a 16-gallon brew kettle, and am looking forward to brewing in it! I found this site through the guys over at HomeBrewTalk.

Post #4641 made 10 years ago
stugautz,knelson.

Welcome to our world. "Hmm.....Sounds like a song title is in there somewhere?" Anyway, BIAB is the ultimate brewing style. Economical in money, storage space, learning time and ease of brewing. The benefits of brewing great beer with BIAB are astounding! Prepare to be amazed!!!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4642 made 10 years ago
G'Mornin (or afternoon/evening depending on your location) to all!

SudsEvangelist here looking forward to getting involved in the BIABrewer forums. I'm from Rochester, NY, USA and currently brew mostly mini mash / extract batches but am looking to getting plugged (pun intended) into the all grain scene via the vehicle known as Electric BIAB! When not obsessively reading and researching the art of brewing, I spend my time studying in pursuit of my degree in Religion and Philosophy at Roberts Wesleyan College.

Regards,

- SudsEvangelist

Post #4643 made 10 years ago
SudsEvangelist,

Good to have you here! I think we've all done some philosophizing over beer. Seriously, though, it is great to hear that you are studying things important to humanity and it is great that you are moving up to AG. You should get a lot of help here. Post when your are ready to do your first BIAB and let us know how it is going.

Post #4644 made 10 years ago
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and am excited to be moving to all-grain soon. Thank you for having me! :P

So to answer the question list, here goes:

1. I'm from central Louisiana, Pineville-Alexandria area. I currently live in Spring, TX near Houston.

2. I stumbled across BIABrewer.info by doing a Google search on BIAB. I have been looking to change my style a little and to expand so I'm trying to get as much information as I can!

3. So far this site is awesome! The thing that has helped me the most is the calculator as well as the simple but effective explanations of the methods to BIAB.

4. I have "brewed" 3 times now. I quotation brewed because the first attempt was a hard cider which was never boiled so I don't know if that counts, it did turn out amazing however! My second attempt was a partial mash clone of Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale. That one really got my gears turning and showed me how much that I wanted to do this. The third brew was a partial mash Blueberry Cream Porter that I added a little lactose to. I would love to say that this one turned out great since I was super excited about it, but the blueberry flavoring that I used tastes fake to me and isn't what I was going for. Thankfully the taste has mellowed and the last 2 gallons that I now have in the keg are pretty good! I build my kegerator back in August out of an old chest freezer that I fabricated a collar for. I have been using my turkey fryer and pot up to this point for my boils.
I have now acquired an old half barrel keg that I have cut the top off of and added a SS ball valve with dip tube to. I will be using my new setup with a BIAB bag I purchased online this upcoming week and am really excited to be moving to an all-grain recipe for a Chocolate Vanilla Porter. Wish me luck!

5. I run a flight school at a private airport here in Spring. We train general aviation pilots as well as people who want to fly for a living. I also have been married for 7 years now and have a beautiful 2 year old little lady.

I hope to be pretty active on here as I'm sure I'll have several questions after this first attempt. Thank you for creating this site for us to reference. :salute: Have a great one!

Post #4645 made 10 years ago
Hi KMathews and welcome to BIAB central!

It sound like you already have the brew bug and like us, found it highly contagious!

Almost everything you need to know (about BIAB) is here. If there is anything you can't find, just ask, someone will know and we will help.

Next stop, great beer! :thumbs:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #4646 made 10 years ago
Hi, I'm from the UK but been in East Sydney for 10 years & been brewing for the past 5.

My first ever brew, a kit was a disaster, undrinkable, pitched the yeast way too hot… could have been the kit though, not to be put off I immediately started adding grains, extract, hops and was quickly into concentrated stove top allgrain biab. It seemed a great technique to learn basic allgrain and perfect for a small space with limited equipment. Now I'm regularly biab-ing with a keg, burner and gravity fed immersion chiller out of what just about passes as a garage.

Im looking to try some no chilling to make extra family time though it could be so I no longer have to carry buckets & buckets of water all the way down the steps to the unplumbed garage.

Cheers!

Post #4647 made 10 years ago
Uncle Monty,

Greetings and salutations. The BIAB world is growing larger, smarter and still picking up steam. We are a bit closer to world domination with you on board. Do you feel the power?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4648 made 10 years ago
Hey all,

I'm originally from Boston U.S.A. moved to Austin, TX 3 years ago. Retired and now checking off a bucket list item, homebrewing.
I have built a keezer and have a 2 keg setup. Have done a few mini mash brews and have decided to go AG and BIAB seems the best way to go to me. I found out about the site from homebrewtalk.com. Love what I see so far. Am gonna do a Northern English Mild today.

Cheers

Post #4649 made 10 years ago
Hi to One and All,

Yesterday I completed my first ever BIAB, I brewed a modified American Amarillo Pale Ale.

Upon starting the Brew I realised that I was really unprepared , I couldn't work out how to use BIABacus correctly, the full boil volume baffled me and I hadn't weighed my grain and hops exactly, I had simply rounded the figures up.

I forgot to note the exact time that I started the mash and I was unsure of the correct temperature to mash at. I also forgot to take a pre-boil gravity reading.

At the end of it all I have 23 litres of Wort, with a Gravity reading of 1058, exactly as predicted in BIABacus, so perhaps I did understand the figures after all.

Already planning next weekends brew and this time I will study the recipe in more detail , having said that I am sure it will turn out fine , after all its only beer isn't it?

Thanks to all who contribute on here without whom my jump to All Grain Brewing would never have happened,

Cheers Guys
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Spain

Post #4650 made 10 years ago
Welcome Lance and good luck with the English Mild :luck:. (Like the bucket list bit :))

Congratulations on your first BIAB flybiza :clap:. You've dont a great job doing your first brew without any one on one help. Good on you! Getting set up the day before and making a checklist can make asurprising diference for how smoothly the day goes so give that a whirl on the next run.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 44 guests