Short on Time and Answers

Post #1 made 10 years ago
I have just written quite a few posts here over several hours but have still missed answering several questions directed specifically to me. I am sorry I haven't had time to answer them :dunno:. I've actually been struggling for a long time now to keep up here.

I tend to favour new brewer's questions but it frustrates me to leave any questions unanswered.

But, I'm not the only one that will spend an hour or more here answering a single question. Perhaps for now, we should continue looking after the new members as we always try to do. But, we probably should keep telling the new members to re-pay our time by either passing on the information we give or making a donation to the site. (Becoming an Enthusiast does require some sort of decent time or monetary donation.)

Personally, I've really been peddling backwards here for many months by giving individual attention to many great questions and worthwhile BIABrewers but at the expense of failing badly on the creation or finalisation of many things that will serve a far greater number of brewers.

Apologies in advance but from now on, I think I am going to have to limit my time and answers to new members or to those who I know are actively contributing here.

Hope that doesn't sound too wanky :?,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 21 Jan 2014, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 10 years ago
Australian Slang
http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.htm

wanky? Does this whats below? The dictionary didn't have wanky?

Whacker, whacka : Idiot; somebody who talks drivel; somebody with whom you have little patience; a dickhead
Last edited by BobBrews on 22 Jan 2014, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 10 years ago
:lol:. Sounds about right Bob. Someone who was wanky could also be described as a tosser :).

Anyway, I'll try and get some the overdue answers I missed last night done tonight.

One other thing that would help would be if the question mark and tick topic icons were used as described here. That would certainly save a little time and help prevent questions being missed.

:peace:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 22 Jan 2014, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #4 made 10 years ago
Some here may have noticed that I haven't contributed much of anything lately. My dad was hospitizied the day after Christmas and has been in a nursing home 10 days for rehab. They are expecting him to be there at least another 30 days. I am putting in extra time visiting dad and checking in on mom.

My girlfriend takes up all the other bits of time. :argh:

MS

Post #5 made 10 years ago
Mad_Scientist,

Tough luck with your dad. Hopefully everything will be OK in the end. I would have done your picks in cheese but I missed you not having picks done? Anyway, I hope all goes well with your dad? We will survive until you return!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Post #6 made 10 years ago
I definitely noticed your absence Richard ;).

Sorry to hear the above. I have had the same thing, hence my ad hoc trip to Sydney.

I made 27 'visits'/appointments to people in less than ten days in Sydney :o. Best fun was at Harts pub but the nursing home also still provided a lot of fun every day. I'm most fortunate that my Mum still exudes goodwill and humour. The staff love her. She is on her last legs of competence but what little energy and words she has left are still full of love and she still manages to see the beauty in anyone whom she comes into contact with.

Best wishes to your old man Richard ;),
PP

Post #7 made 10 years ago
:( Sorry to hear the bad news, guys.

I'm sure that your presence elsewhere is greatly appreciated, so we can let you off the hook for a bit! :P
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8 made 10 years ago
I too have been absent for a while, problems with my company, has meant that minor things like hobbies have taken a back seat. I have recently however had the time to have a couple of brew days over Christmas, and this has revitalised my enthusiasm again.

I fixed a very minor bug in BIABacus (but will not insult the team by making it available) I have let PP know, it was only a silly thing in the Print report, but as a newbie I use the checklist each time I brew, so it was important to me.

Brewed a nice Dark Mild and a Oatmeal stout, very much looking forward to trying them this weekend (4 weeks in the bottle).

Anyway, just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to PP and all the other members, this really is an awesome site
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #11 made 10 years ago
MS , sorry to hear about your dad. I'm still getting used to my brother not being here. Keep the faith ,Hope you have family close by to help .
Joe

Post #12 made 10 years ago
PP I wanted to take a sec to thank you for the you spent answering some of my questions. I am still trying to learn the Biabicus. As I mentioned in a recent post the noobs like myself need more guys like you who take the time to offer practical suggestions, even if to some they may seem obvious. :idiot:

Post #13 made 10 years ago
Thank you Rick, Yettiman and Weisseguy :peace:. As for the rest of you...

My Mum is probably much sicker than Mad-Scientist's Dad so just ignore him from now on okay :). In all seriousness though, I didn't for one second expect my Mum to be still with us today. She is and seems to have turned the most dodgy of corners :o :thumbs:.

Rick, thanks for passing on the goods ;).
Yetti, did I fix your bug in PR 1.3K? If I didn't please let me know.
Weisse, I can't remember you costing me much time - an hour, maybe a bit more? But, the main thing I can think of about you is that you always say thankyou.

Post #14 made 10 years ago
MS got his dad home yesterday, 2-20-14. At age 86, he has a number of challenges. He is so happy to be back home!

OT-Carlos and PT-Ricky are the best.
MS Parents with OT-PT Team.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 22 Feb 2014, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post #19 made 10 years ago
Nice one mate ;). It's amazing how the oldies can recover so well sometimes. I really didn't think Mum was going to be walking again but she is! Next week we'll have her jogging. This week, I'm only going to put her in the walking frame race though.

:)

THanks for the news Richard :peace:.

Post #21 made 10 years ago
Thanks a heap monkeyman :salute:,

Very nice of you to be posting to Richard and myself here.

Think I'll edit the rest of this out. TMI and way off-topic :drink: :drink: :drink:

:),
PP

Post #23 made 10 years ago
I lost my dad ( he fell off the perch ;) a few years ago, way too early, so I understand. As for having questions I have found the BIABacus to be pretty intuitive thus far and my beer is turning out fairly well so no real problems yet. There is also a lot of good info on here that others have already asked so that helps as well. Really appreciate the site.

Post #24 made 9 years ago
See post #14 above.

Just to let everyone know, my Dad passed away at home on his third day of hospice care on April 13th. He was with his family, Mom, me, my two sisters and a niece when he passed.

I wasn't quite diagnosed yet back in Feb. with lumbar problems, but was using a cane and a wheelchair to visit Dad in the nursing home, as it was a long walk for me down the hallway. In March, an MRI revealed problems with my lumbar including moderate herniated discs causing sciatica. Before April 13th, I had an epidural steroid injection (ESI) and 3 PT sessions. I started back again last month with 4 PT sessions completed now. I have discomforting pain but am plugging along.

I plan and hope to complete a brew day this coming Saturday (my Dad's birthday). Follow me here; http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=7 ... =25#p39938

to see if I git-r-done. :)

MS

Post #25 made 9 years ago
So sorry to hear about that Richard. :sad:

I hope you get your back sorted out soon too.
I will be rooting for you on Saturday. Grit your teeth and dig in and I am sure you will git-r-done!
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 53 guests