Perth Beer Swap 26th October - East Fremantle WA

Post #1 made 10 years ago
[NOTE that the swap was originally going to be in Belmont on a different date. Thread title shows latest information.]

Ok, so this is a prequel to the Perth Beer Show. Bring your swap beer on the day (hopefully the one that you are entering into the show).

For those that haven't done a swap before it goes like this. You put your name on the list below. On the day you bring 2 x 700ml PET bottles for every other person on the swap list below. We will stop the list at 10 (if we manage to get that much interest), so you arrive with 18 bottles of your beer and you leave with hopefully 18 examples of "best in class" show winning beers. If your entering 2 or more beers in the show you can put 2 different ones in the swap. Please put your Swap beer next to your name when you know what you are entering.

If you want to join the swap or add your name to the attending list copy the whole list and paste it into a new post and add your name in the appropriate spot so we can keep it nice an neat... well all know PP like this place to be kept neat ;)

I know this is a BIAB site, but we don't discriminate against 2 or 3 vessel entries, although kit & kilo will be discouraged.

I'm more than happy for friends wives, girlfriends, mistresses and others to tag along, as long as you take them home with you and don't leave them at my house.

If you would like people to try your beers on the day then bring them along also. Kegs are also welcome, I've got a 3 tap kezzer that holds about 7 kegs total, plus 3 other fridges, so we wont be short on cooling space.

Im thinking we kick off about l2pm and we can throw the BBQ on for a late lunch. All offers for food will be accepted

Transport - the closest train station is probably Burswood. If you arrive early we can do a pick up from there.
Busses travel from the city to almost our street, but they're not overly quick.

Concise version

Date - Saturday the 26th October 2013 (note: Date has been changed to the 26th)
Location - Belmont (will advise address via PM)
Start Time - 12PM
Finish time - 5ish
What to bring - Beer to Swap, Beer to Drink, Beer for on day tasting. Any fluid other than beer you would like to consume.

Swapping
Aces high - Black IPA + something else
nme (hopefully)
lukasfab
sinkas
PistolPatch

Attending

I've probably missed some vital bits of information so feel free to add to this
Last edited by Aces high on 28 Aug 2013, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.

Post #2 made 10 years ago
Swapping

Aces high - Black IPA + something else
nme (hopefully)
lukasfab
sinkas
PistolPatch - Can do more than one if req'd. Will wait to see what others have first.
Aces high wrote:I'm more than happy for friends wives, girlfriends, mistresses and others to tag along, as long as you take them home with you and don't leave them at my house.
I'm more than happy to keep an eye on this :pray:.
Great post Stu and thanks a heap for offering to do the first BIABrewer.info swap in the world :champ:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 28 Aug 2013, 18:55, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 10 years ago
Yep I'm in. Will be making a honey porter.

I'll double check with the other guy. Also met another potential candidate too. Details soon

Post #7 made 10 years ago
Right. Managed to rope in another brewer who's keen as. She brews BIAB and I met at WA Beer Week last year. She's going to sign up to the forum later this evening.

Post #9 made 10 years ago
NME wrote:She's going to sign up to the forum later this evening.
Haven't seen this post yet. She probably saw sinkas post above and thought, "No way am I drinking an all brett IPA!" :lol:

Sinkas actually dropped in yesterday and gave me a few great brewing things - glasses/books. He is one of them most generous brewers around. We just have to stop him brewing those way-out beers. He was serious in his last post. He had missed my comment in the WA thread...
I've told him he has to brew a 1% ABV beer of 5 IBU's. That way we'll probably end up with about a 7%'er of 70 IBU's :lol:.

I finally brewed two beers yesterday that I had been trying to find time to plan for ages. Basically gave up finding the time to shop for the right ingredients and brewed them on the fly. I had so many grain and hop substitutions going on it was ridiculous so if you like my American Amber Ale or American IPA, or if either get a medal, don't ask me for the recipe. On the IPA, I actually used a massive amount of a mystery hop (I have 285 grams of this hop whose label disappeared :roll:) at 5 mins.

I also had a problem I have never struck before. I brew two kettles side by side and double-batch them. My right-hand kettle is more weather-exposed and on the windy day yesterday, I could hardly get it boiling. Never had this happen before. Got so caught up in that, all timings went by the wayside for both brews.

:lol:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 02 Sep 2013, 22:23, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #10 made 10 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:
NME wrote:She's going to sign up to the forum later this evening.
Haven't seen this post yet. She probably saw sinkas post above and thought, "No way am I drinking an all brett IPA!" :lol:
quote]...

PP
i saw Sinka's brett IPA post and chose to ignore it thinking he was joking :pray: Bring it on brett... i mean sinka's
Last edited by Aces high on 03 Sep 2013, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

Post #14 made 10 years ago
Only about one day left to register...
Dear Patrick

Entries into the 2013 Perth Royal Beer Show close this coming FRIDAY 6 SEPTEMBER 2013 at 4.30pm.

There will be NO EXTENSIONS this year.

Don't miss out! Enter Cecilia Crawford
Perth Royal Beer Show Coordinator
The Royal Agricultural Society of WA
Tel: (08) 6263 3156

online or download the forms from: http://www.perthroyalshow.com.au/best-i" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... /beer.aspx

This is an automated email, please disregard if you have already entered.

Kind Regards,

Email: beer@raswa.org.au
Last edited by PistolPatch on 04 Sep 2013, 22:18, edited 2 times in total.

Post #16 made 10 years ago
Aces high wrote:I'm gathering that means entered and paid for.
I actually noted that there was a "Pay Later" option Stu.

Be nice if by "later" they meant after you got your score :).
Last edited by PistolPatch on 05 Sep 2013, 17:36, edited 2 times in total.

Post #18 made 10 years ago
Guys, I cant believe this, but I cant do the 19th of October. Something I really can't get out of has come up.

We could still do either the 12th of the 26th of October here, otherwise I'm still happy to go into the swap, you just have to find another location.

Im really sorry about this :sneak:

Post #19 made 10 years ago
Your post got me thinking Stu.... Just checked my flight to Sydney in November and I've gone and booked it for the 2nd - the same day as the bloody exhibitor's tasting :headhit:.

12th or 26th would suit me fine. Am thinking the later one might give everyone a bit more time to get their beers ready though?

Post #20 made 10 years ago
Yeah I don't think my body will be ready by the 12th, but there's a good chance I can't do the 26th. I'm happy to leave my beers with Pat sometime before though.

This is assuming my bloody beer is any good. I somehow managed to drop my fermenter today, which knocked the tap off, which in turn leaked beer everywhere. Sigh. Only lost a couple of litres, and I dumped it into the keg straight away (I usually chill for a few days first). Fingers crossed it pulls through!

Post #22 made 10 years ago
NME wrote:I'm happy to leave my beers with Pat...
Yes, that will be fine Simon. I will make sure they all safely get to where they are meant to go.

(What an idiot :drink: :party: :yum:)
NME wrote:I somehow managed to drop my fermenter...
Some how? How pissed?
lukasfab wrote:I also most likely wont be able to get to the tasting which really sux
No, no, no! Man up Lukas! (I think I am actually going to change my flight.)
Last edited by PistolPatch on 16 Sep 2013, 20:19, edited 2 times in total.

Post #23 made 10 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:
Some how? How pissed?
Stone cold sober, but very cranky ;)
Last edited by NME on 16 Sep 2013, 23:00, edited 2 times in total.

Post #24 made 10 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:
NME wrote:I'm happy to leave my beers with Pat...
Yes, that will be fine Simon. I will make sure they all safely get to where they are meant to go.

(What an idiot :drink: :party: :yum:)
Some how? How pissed?
lukasfab wrote:I also most likely wont be able to get to the tasting which really sux
No, no, no! Man up Lukas! (I think I am actually going to change my flight.)

:lol:
its my boys 5th b'day and his god father said he will come over from Adelaide that weekend to. Unfortunately he is not a beer drinker
:sad:
Last edited by lukasfab on 17 Sep 2013, 12:21, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 3 guests