Post #51 made 11 years ago
Assuming "flights" and "paddles" are the same thing, it's how a lot of pubs serve samples:
Last edited by thughes on 20 Jun 2012, 20:41, edited 3 times in total.
WWBBD?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #52 made 11 years ago
That's the ticket thughes ;).

The ones we have here look the same but have six holes in them. A 100 ml glass fits in each hole. Will take a pic when we go :drink: :)
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #53 made 11 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:I thought you drank 45 L while you were here? :lol:

(Aces was actually great fun to brew with and was far from useless). I hope this beer is awful because there is no way we'll ever be able to replicate it :?. Btw Aces, my brews are at 1.020 and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go lower due to the thermometer problem.
my batches were around 1020 on sunday when i tested it. Ive had to travel to sydney suddenly, so its getting some extra conditioning on its own. I should be back by the weekend, so let me know when you want to start cold chilling
Last edited by Aces high on 21 Jun 2012, 06:05, edited 3 times in total.

Post #55 made 11 years ago
NME - Wrote to Northern_Brewer yesterday so maybe we give it a few days and then we can see if we have to stick to the 30th or can change it to maybe the following Sat? You are great the way you travel to these things mate :peace:.

Aces - Mine was still at 1.020 today (thought that might happen :smoke:) so I started crashing my fermentors when I got home today so that if we are meeting Sat week, I have a few extra days up my sleeve. I will go over to your place tomorrow (while you are still away) and help your gorgeous wife crash chill yours. :love:

Hope you are having fun in the big smoke :peace:.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #57 made 11 years ago
Just heard back from NB and it looks like he will be here mid-week so we'll have to leave him out of the tasting :dunno:. When I hear back from him and where he is staying, if he has the time and the stars align, I'll see if a few of us at least can arrange to have a drink with him :peace:.
NME wrote:Either works for me, but I'll be on parenting duties on the 30th :P
What would you prefer? You'll be longest distance travelled so I think we should work around you ;).

So, 30th or 7th? Does 2pm sound like an okay start for everyone or do we want to go earlier/later?
Last edited by PistolPatch on 21 Jun 2012, 23:31, edited 3 times in total.

Post #58 made 11 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:NME - Wrote to Northern_Brewer yesterday so maybe we give it a few days and then we can see if we have to stick to the 30th or can change it to maybe the following Sat? You are great the way you travel to these things mate :peace:.

Aces - Mine was still at 1.020 today (thought that might happen :smoke:) so I started crashing my fermentors when I got home today so that if we are meeting Sat week, I have a few extra days up my sleeve. I will go over to your place tomorrow (while you are still away) and help your gorgeous wife crash chill yours. :love:

Hope you are having fun in the big smoke :peace:.
I told my beautiful wife that you're trouble not to open the door

when i rang her last night she was sitting out in the brew shed with our dog having a beer. Dont worry, i think the dog was only having light beer, but he had to drive later on. :thumbs:

I'll be home saturday, will get them straight into crash chill mode
Last edited by Aces high on 22 Jun 2012, 07:17, edited 3 times in total.

Post #60 made 11 years ago
Sorry I didn't reply earlier NME but I just got home from a sleep-over at Mrs Aces :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Northern_Brewer can't do the 30th so I think the 7th sounds heaps better.

If a 2pm start on the 7th sounds sensible/convenient to everyone then I'll start a new thread. Not sure what to call it though :scratch: :think:.

Post #66 made 11 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:Excellent :thumbs:.

Northern Brewer might be over here from America in about 3 weeks so we might be able to organise the 'official' tasting for around then.

Wonder if lukasfab got home okay? Have heard from everyone else. Where are you lukas????

hey sorry Pat I have totally missed this, yeah mate got home fine.
it was a great day, i really enjoyed chatting with new people and sampling some great beers.
catch up on tasting day :salute:
Last edited by lukasfab on 25 Jun 2012, 21:08, edited 3 times in total.

Post #67 made 9 years ago
Does anyone have a biabacus recipe for hop hog yet? If not I'll make one from an AHB thread and see if I can get it right...
PistolPatch wrote:No worries Snow. Just make sure you make it to the ROyal Perth Beer Show tasting - that's always fun :lol:.

Aces has a recipe for Hop Hog and is going to bring some down for us to drink :yum: so I'm leaning towards brewing that now.

Hippy's going to drop in if he can but won't know until the day. I'll let you know who's coming a bit later.

:peace:
Last edited by nicko on 09 Sep 2014, 08:29, edited 3 times in total.
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #68 made 9 years ago
I rang Aces on this yesterday nicko and he said he would reply but he is approaching 40 now and has "brewseimers" so PM him or something. If you get no reply, he said the AHB post/thread was a good place to start. I have a few recipes for this but need to brew them first before I can give any feedback sorry.

I will post here though Aces recipe from a few years ago which was a beautiful beer. I am short on time so you might have to check with him that I have posted the right recipe. I have a thousands of .xls files here and can't even recall why the file below is "VB2" so it might be wrong.

PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST IT IN THIS FORMAT!!! :)

;)
PP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests