Western Australian BIABrewers and Events

Post #1 made 14 years ago
Thought I'd start a thread that listed Western Australian BIABrewer.info members and events while the site is still young. This way, if anyone is having a brew day they can post it here and/or PM other W.A. brewers easily. Also, general events such as comps, tastings, interstate visitors etc could be posted here so as we can all be kept up to date.

Here are the WA BIABrewers I am aware of to date (I've stopped adding names now but let me know if you want to be added to the list)...

1. NME
2. PistolPatch
3. LloydieP
4. stevem01
5. redlegger
6. churchy
7. randyrob
8. John from WA
9. SimpleSimon
10. Stitch
11. willigan
12. Rob C
13. tavas
14. outbreak
15. pilgs
16. Hippy
17. Dangerous Dave
18. nala
19. samuls35
20. matr
21. jimmeh
22. maxmcbain
23. Rad
24. Mr Boring
25. keiffer33
26. dogsnosebrewery
27. mcgrec
28. rezilynt
29. majorphill
30. sambo_ksp
31. Phil
32. pomsdownunder
33. jlmcgrath
34. voodoo
35. Robrewin
36. deebo
37. markymoo
38. Shagga
39. AcesHigh
40. lukasfab
41. bung
42. Hopie89
43. -Snow-
44. langdon19
45. csollen
46. rickoles

I'll try and keep the above list up to date and PM new members of its existence. If I have missed you let me know.

Cheers,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 24 Feb 2016, 20:24, edited 11 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 14 years ago
[center]Royal Perth Beer Show Exhibitor's Tasting
This Saturday 19th June 2010 - 2PM[/center]

Thought I better post up a WA event as well :).

The exhibitor's tasting of the Royal Perth Beer Show is an event not to be missed. All the commercial and amateur entries to the show are available for tasting over a two hour period at the Claremont Showgrounds.

If you are going or want to go, post here and we can see if we can get enough tickets for everyone.

See you Saturday,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Jun 2010, 19:44, edited 10 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #4 made 14 years ago
Thought you might be :)

For those South of the River and/or who might want to have one or two beers in Fremantle after, feel free to meet at my place and we can share a taxi or two.

I have floor space/couches for anyone who needs to crash the night.

Post #6 made 14 years ago
Great to hear from you Steve. You do need a ticket but I have two spares so you are in.

At this stage, Lloyd and myself (possible one other) will be leaving from my place at about 1:30. Might be easier to ride over here, pick up your ticket and then share a cab. We can try my Munich Helles / Pilsener while waiting :).

NME can't come as he is looking after his 2 year old. I thought kids loved the showgrounds???

:)
Pat

Post #7 made 13 years ago
Hey WA brewers!
Just stumbled across this on another site.

WA Amatuer Brewing competition :)

http://wasabc.org/
Last edited by redlegger on 22 Jul 2010, 13:29, edited 10 times in total.
"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.”Dave Berry

Post #8 made 13 years ago
Thanks for the link RL. I have nothing to enter atm due to some dodgy welding in these supposedly flash kegs I bought. Grrr!

I forgot to post back here as to how the Royal Perth Show went. It wasn't as much fun as prior years - a few less people and not enough women but several of my favourites were there and we had a good time as usual :). Scored a bronze for the Munich Helles? / Pilsner? I put in to get the free tickets :). Still waiting for the judging notes. I didn't get too many tastes of that beer myself. Some days it tasted sweet and other days quite bitter??? Great recipe though that Nev gave me.

In the next few days, I'll update the first post here as there are a few more WA guys on board now - cdbrown being the latest.

Thanks again RL,
PP

Post #9 made 13 years ago
A few quick updates...

New WA Members

travas, outbreak and pilgs have just been added to the list. Welcome aboard guys!

Thread to Keep an Eye On

Redlegger has a bottle swap thread going on here.

Great BottleShop

Went to Parry Place Cellars today and they have a massive range of quality beers including Deus if you want any (only $75 a bottle!).

The shop is at Parry Avenue Shopping Centre at Bullcreek. It has a seriously great range - probably at least 120 specialty beers all refrigerated and many I have never seen before. I'd say allow an hour to browse.

Cheers,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 02 Aug 2010, 21:44, edited 10 times in total.

Post #10 made 13 years ago
New WA Members

Hippy and DangerousDave have just been added to the list. Welcome aboard ;).

WA State Amateur Brewer's Competition

I'm not much of a comp guy - we might need ranyrob or churchy to keep everyone informed of upcoming comps. Anyway, entries for this are due on 5th September so you still have a few days to get some bottles in. Good luck if you go in it!

Cheers,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 01 Sep 2010, 19:05, edited 10 times in total.

Post #11 made 13 years ago
I'm entering a couple in this :D Pretty excited. This month marks 12 months since I started brewing, so some feedback would be nice.

Also, Little Creatures will have their new Oatmeal Stout on the hand pump from 4pm on Friday. I'll be there at some stage :D

Post #12 made 13 years ago
I left it a bit later of the WASABC :( But I will enter my recently brewed pale ale in the Brunswick and Kelmscott shows.

The Manjimup Cherry Harmony Festival has a comp as well, entries need to be in Nov 30th. Enough time to put down a couple of brews!

Post #13 made 13 years ago
Good luck outbreak and NME!

(Sorry to miss you at Little Creatures, NME - ended up being a long day at work again :(. Hope you eventually found the hand pump???

Post #14 made 13 years ago
After starting AG nearly a year ago and 10 brews later, I have put a couple in the comp. had a spectacular stout but unfortunately drank it all before I could enter it. I put another one down and hope it will come together before the judging. Also put in a cream ale just because it was in the cupboard. looking forward to the feedback

Post #15 made 13 years ago
Yep I did. Managed to catch up with Ben while I was there, which was cool :)

Got my entries in too. Apparently TWOC had a pretty full store room with all the entries they recieved!

Post #17 made 13 years ago
Congrats Steve! What'd you get?

I don't think you are meant to attend the award night if you didn't enter the comp but that's never stopped me before :).

Post #18 made 13 years ago
Pretty proud of my first ever competition entry's. A third for a Cream Ale, and just missed a place by 1 point for my Stout.

Had a great time at the awards night, and got some secret tips for next year!

Post #19 made 13 years ago
Good on you Steve - top stuff! Save some for me :). Had too much on to attend Thurs night but glad to hear you had fun.

Cheers to you,
PP

P.S. Have just added nala to our list.

Post #20 made 13 years ago
Oktoberfest at the Tree House Brewery. This Sunday (10th Oct)
12 midday onwards.
I'm planning on doing a simple brew for shits and giggles.
We will have a few beers on tap that were brewed on site.
PM LloydieP for details.
[center]"Eat my sugar, man[/center]

Post #22 made 13 years ago
I'm definitely keen on visiting the Tree House :). I have an early start Monday but am happy to be a designated driver for a few guys that live between Fremantle and Kalamunda. I doubt I could stand by for more than 3 (maybe 4) hours watching everyone else drink while I stayed sober so, for anyone who wants a lift, I could probably get you home just before dark.

Anyone who hasn't met Lloyd probably should :),
PP

Post #24 made 13 years ago
Hi i see a few people here are from perth . I live up here in dongara but travel down there on more of a few occasions every year. Now getting into this BIAB surprise surprise my local iga has a very limited stock of homebrew stuff . Where in perth do people shop for there ingredient and also might be helpful for a homebrew noob like me .. Thanks
Ah, beer, my one weakness. My achille's heel, if you will..........

Post #25 made 13 years ago
Hi there samuls,

Sorry mate, I missed you off the list but have added you now. I've probably missed a few others too - I better lift my game :whistle:.

I use two shops in Perth...

GryphonBrewing: Nev is a very experienced and educated brewer. He carries some really interesting stuff and his grain and hop prices are amongst the cheapest in the country. He will certainly give you some great advice. He's in Bassendean. Send him an email and arrange to drop in for a chat.

TWOC: Roy in Bibra Lake has a very large range of stock etc. Roy stocks some things you'll need that Nev doesn't such as fermenters etc. Roy is always willing to pass on advice and sponsors quite a few of the brewing comps.

Look forward to a beer one of these days samuls.
:drink:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 06 Feb 2011, 15:56, edited 10 times in total.

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests