What's in your glass?

Post #1 made 13 years ago
[center]***A WORLD FIRST!***[/center]

The worlds first BIAB dedicated, "Show us what you are drinking now," thread!

As the name suggests, show us what you are drinking right now. I'll start off with my Choc Porter :)
22102010(001).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by redlegger on 22 Oct 2010, 17:05, edited 5 times in total.
"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.”Dave Berry

Post #2 made 13 years ago
You've gotta love pics and your one looks :yum: RL.

On my way home tonight, I passed a specialty international brewing shop so am re-visiting a few of my favourite commercials.

Next time I work out my camera stuff and am drinking one of mine, I'll have a crack at posting here.

:peace: RL,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 13 years ago
Not the world's best looking beer, but this is my take on The Old Speckled Hen. I call it the Spotted Chook.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #4 made 13 years ago
Thanks Siggi, it is drinking very nicely. To my un-trained palate, it is very malty and smooth with an ever so slight hint of banana.

I know, my description gives nothing to go on, but it's the best I have :)
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #5 made 13 years ago
Ill post another, this is my wheat beer, kegged yesterday :) I'll call it Coxy's Summer Wheat coz i reckon i could quoff it all summer :drink:
28102010(003).jpg
Last edited by redlegger on 28 Oct 2010, 17:49, edited 5 times in total.
"I like beer. On occasion, I will even drink beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of Communism or the fact that the refrigerator is still working.”Dave Berry

Post #9 made 13 years ago
OK, bout time someone put something else in this thread :drink:

Second last glass of this TTL clone!.... just blew this keg tonight :yum:

Post #10 made 13 years ago
That's a nice and clear beer there RL did it taste as good as it looks?
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

[center]Homer Simpson[/center]
[center]K.I.S.S., B.I.A.B.[/center]

Post #11 made 13 years ago
yep wiz, it was great, but i didnt do any 0 min additions, the second jerry of the double batch i did of this one is CC'ing now so i plan to keg hop that one, and i think it will be fantastic!
This one cleared amazingly quick, 2.5 days CC'in at 1.5 Deg, Gelatin in the keg, force carb, 3 days later it looked like that, i was stoked, think i might retire the filter that i have only used twice ;)

Post #13 made 10 years ago
A Black IPA I bottled into my trusty TapKing a few weeks ago.

It didn't turn out as IPAish as I was aiming for which I put down to not compensating for No chill...but it sure has made a tasty beer. Up front is the choc/black malt...then comes a well rounded bitterness and a hint of fruitiness at the back end. Despite not being as hoppy as I was aiming for turned out really well. Yummo!
Last edited by pist on 02 Jun 2014, 14:22, edited 5 times in total.

Post #14 made 10 years ago
Nice work pist :thumbs:.

Never compensate unless you know exactly how the original brewer treated their hops and managed the chill. Programs/software that have a no-chill adjustment make many assumptions that are simply not correct. The BIABacus focuses on how the hops are treated and when the chill starts. If you don't have that original information then you fall into a brewing software gimmick.

Read Chilling Myths - Asking the right questions.

;)
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 03 Jun 2014, 00:42, edited 5 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #15 made 10 years ago
My Hefeweizen, poor cellphone pic doesn't do it justice, this one won't last long...
:drink:
IMG-20140522-00773.jpg
edit: didnt notice the bananas in the background until now but a very fitting frame for this bananatastic beer
:thumbs:
Last edited by goulaigan on 03 Jun 2014, 01:26, edited 5 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #16 made 10 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:Nice work pist :thumbs:.

Never compensate unless you know exactly how the original brewer treated their hops and managed the chill. Programs/software that have a no-chill adjustment make many assumptions that are simply not correct. The BIABacus focuses on how the hops are treated and when the chill starts. If you don't have that original information then you fall into a brewing software gimmick.

Read Chilling Myths - Asking the right questions.

;)
PP
Thanks for the info PP...much appreciated. :peace: Some great reading there, :thumbs: this is one of the many things that keep me coming back to this site.

While we are on the subject of BIABacus...how do I get access to it? Ive had a look through alot of threads relating to it and can't seem to find it. I'm sure its right in front of me just need a pointer in the right direction :lol:. Sounds like an awesome bit of gear that will probably help me with my brewing a lot. I'm currently using BrewMate and it seems to lack a lot of functionality with regards to ability to be calibrated to suit your equipment properly.
Last edited by pist on 03 Jun 2014, 11:15, edited 5 times in total.

Post #17 made 10 years ago
Long day wrangling repairs at a rental that we own......and yes, as my then 4 year old daughter told her mother "daddy said F@#K today!"

In MY glass right now? Tequila, on ice, and its good. :shoot:

trout
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Re: What's in your glass?

Post #19 made 10 years ago
Czech Pils
My first Biab and first lager. Not quite as great as I had hoped; but it is still very drinkable beer

Prost!
Last edited by Lumpy5oh on 05 Jun 2014, 03:03, edited 5 times in total.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #20 made 10 years ago
Lumpy5oh,

I got a `kick` out of that glass! Keep brewing and keep improving! "The worst home brew is better than the best mega-brew"! You may quote me on that!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #21 made 10 years ago
This is the NRB Amarillo Ale. Couldn't wait to get home and crack into one of these.
IMG_9452.jpg
Last edited by monkeyman on 07 Jun 2014, 09:38, edited 5 times in total.

Post #22 made 9 years ago
A Simple SMASH Ale I knocked up a while back now.
Its turned out perfectly as I intended, a great quaffer on a hot day.
Just enough galaxy to give it some flavour, yet so easy to just drink. Tasty! :champ:

Post #23 made 9 years ago
I Heart Me - American IPA
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2183&start=25#p39938

IHM-2.jpg
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 18 Sep 2014, 04:11, edited 5 times in total.

Post #24 made 9 years ago
Wow. Beautiful color on that, Mad_Scientist :champ: . Tasting notes? :drink:

Interesting the low fermentation temperature ... 15C for 18 days, am I right?

I tried this the other day, from our local craft brewery:
http://www.howesound.com/Brewery/Beers/ ... PILOT.aspx

Was amazed by the amount of hop flavor and malty character. The bitterness of 30IBU seemed on par with an IPA I brewed recently, rated at 64IBU. I bottle conditioned mine, and I think it's steadily losing hop flavor as the weeks go by. I have a lot to learn ...

Cheers
BDP

Post #25 made 9 years ago
This one didn't attenuate good, it is WAY WAY TOO SWEET, it's like I added no hops!!!

I did ferment on the bleeding edge at 15C and was too lazy to check the progress.

I "discovered" the TG during the first week in the kegerator. :argh:

I believe I did everything right, except for the yeast re-hydration, the most important step.
I attempered in the wrong direction, I slowly added [EDITED 35C] yeast into 15C wort, instead of
15C wort into hot [EDITED 35C] yeast.

I should have set aside some wort earlier (before the re-hydration step) to warm up some beforehand.

All I can think is that I caused the yeast cells to go petite during that wrong attemperment step.

Thanks for asking BDP.
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 03 Oct 2014, 03:03, edited 6 times in total.

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 35 guests