Big gap in brews

Post #1 made 4 years ago
My biggest time in between brews since I started, but I’m back into it....sort of.
So much has happened in my life during the down time.
Today I set up to get back in the game with my favourite brew. I was so stoked to go through the planning, the set up, the milling, the checks, the mash. Just this process was a big part of my happiness for so long.
Anyone reading this might think, “Bloke, you don’t have much in life if that’s all that makes you happy”. But there’s plenty of other things that do. My family, my work, my exercise, my larger community, these are all just pieces of the big puzzle.
It was almost healing going through those initial steps of the brew, right up to when the urn died early on in the boil...
Much cursing, resentment, and disappointment followed. Then I sat and realised I’ve still got plenty of grain to try again and more days off next week to set aside for a brew day.
Once I get my urn looked at I’ll be back to try again.
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Re: Big gap in brews

Post #3 made 4 years ago
Thanks man. I appreciate the sentiment, especially as I’m sure your beer is gold.
I was gutted initially. This last year or so hasn’t been the best year from a mental health view point and that’s part of why I lost the will to brew. Those initial steps of the brew felt like riding my favourite bike again. I already had a ‘blow out’ with the urn’s electrics a while back and now it looks like I’ll have to get it sorted again. That little taste of brewing again has sparked up another bit of my happiness puzzle for sure.
Stout, Stout, Stout, and some other stuff...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Re: Big gap in brews

Post #4 made 4 years ago
Great to hear form you @Muggy Dawson and thank you for the posts above. Good on :salute:

Those bloody urns have no sympathy do they? :roll: Maybe get two? :)

Best of luck on the next go. We'll be thinking of you :peace:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 20 guests