Recipes from brewing classic styles

Post #1 made 8 years ago
Hi everyone,

I purchased brewing classic styles this weekend, I've noticed that the receipes list the extract required, specialty grains and then AG grain bill. Regarding the speciality grains I assume these are just mashed along with the rest of grain and the steeping step is removed.

Cheers
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 8 years ago
That's correct Wadey.

If using the BIABacus, on the first line of Section D, use 21.82L for the VAW of Brewing Classic Styles recipes.

Generally, unless stated otherwise, specialty grains are included in the mash. However, Gordon Strong (book at bottom of page), holds back all specialty grains until the end of the mash. We have a thread on this starting back in 2010!

On one of my many things to do is to do several side by side brews on this. I've only done it once to date (see that thread) and it wasn't a side by side so hard to say, but I think the two methods are likely to produce quite significant results. Unfortunately, I have done so many side by sides on other things, I have, in the past, brewed more beer than I can drink. I didn't even know that was possible :o.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 02 May 2016, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 54 guests