Post #2 made 13 years ago
LOL,
Tell her you are like an elite athlete that has to suffer in order to strive for the ultimate goal.

My wife thinks I have a real problem and sees this forum as the root of all evil :twisted:

She has noticed the correlation between me spending time reading posts and then going off and doing something 'stupid' - normally enhancing / destroying a kitchen implement or bringing home yet another crappy old fridge. shhhh, there is one downstairs covered in blankets that she hasn't found yet :lol:

Luckily she also likes drinking beer so is happy to tolerate this dreadful affliction :D

Post #3 made 13 years ago
my wife doesn't drink beer. but thinks that as mid life crisises go, this homebrewing thing isn't too bad.
Cube:
fermenter: Sourdough Spelt Ale, Classic Lambic, Oud Brune, Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel
Kegs: Bob's Black IPA, Blanc Blond, Soda...
to be brewed:

Post #4 made 13 years ago
Jak, let you bag hang a bit longer before you squeeze. It's a bit like foreplay, you don't want to get to the end in the first couple of minutes, also the bag will be much cooler.

Or get a new girlfriend that appreciates your lack of patience :)
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #5 made 13 years ago
So funny,I've often wondered "What if" my neighbour looked over the fence with me doing the same,squeezing the beejesus out of the bag,swearing out aloud cause my gloves got too hot :o,but its what we do to feed our insatiable habit for the perfect keg or 2,or 3,Ah well it's a great hobby I keep telling the other half, Who's just walked off shakin her head in disbelief..Ahh I say, It'll save us money in the long run :D, There's that look again...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #6 made 13 years ago
LOL!

iijakki: Squeeze as hard as you like, you won't get tannins. But consider hashie's good advice as well. I do bugger all squeezing - more draining. By the time the boil begins, pretty much everything has drained. Much more relaxing!

widdley: I found if you get rid of the girlfriend, this creates space for another fridge. You might ask, "What do you do for sex?" Luckily here in Australia we have the QLD Beer Swap once a year. The attending brewers have so much to drink at the Swap that you can easily sleep with their wives and girlfriends.

rocket58: Good to hear from you! Can you take your other half to the next QLD Swap please?

:)
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #7 made 13 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:I found if you get rid of the girlfriend, this creates space for another fridge.
If I got rid of the girlfriend, the wife would think she had won the arguement... but if I could negotiate another 2 fridges :idea: :D
You might ask, "What do you do for sex?" Luckily here in Australia we have the QLD Beer Swap once a year. The attending brewers have so much to drink at the Swap that you can easily sleep with their wives and girlfriends.
Yeah, I've heard that sex is guaranteed at those things but didn't think that the wives and girlfriends attended :o :shock: :lol:
hashie wrote:let you bag hang a bit longer before you squeeze. It's a bit like foreplay
Love it... Guess I should switch off the Zeppelin and crank up a bit of Barry White.
Last edited by widdley on 26 Aug 2010, 10:16, edited 5 times in total.

Post #8 made 13 years ago
So sorry widdley, I didn't realise you had a 'wife' problem rather than a girlfriend problem.

This is good news for me though. All the wives sleep with me in QLD - just ask Sqyre, InCider etc. Wives and girlfriends can attend the Swap but I personally have found the girlfriends to be far more, 'clingy.' In fact, I was just speaking to my accountant and there are no maintenance bills I am currently challenging from QLD brewer's girlfriends???

The sex is guaranteed at a QLD Swap. Even if you are ugly, you will at least get a goat, a sheep or InCider.

If things aren't going too well with your wife, make sure, if she is good-looking, that you include a ticket to the QLD Swap in your separation agreement. If you do this and things work out well for me I will send you the maintenance money which would enable you to probably buy three fridges :).

Think about it,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 26 Aug 2010, 23:17, edited 5 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #9 made 13 years ago
PistolPatch wrote: In fact, I was just speaking to my accountant and there are no maintenance bills I am currently challenging from QLD brewer's girlfriends???

Think about it,
PP
There will be in approx 7 1/2 months honey bunny!!!!
Last edited by Renae on 28 Aug 2010, 18:09, edited 5 times in total.

Post #10 made 13 years ago
Renae wrote:There will be in approx 7 1/2 months honey bunny!!!!
What :shock:? You can't pin this next one on me. The only contact we had six weeks ago was by phone?

If you'd written the above post in February, I would have got my cheque book out straight away, no worries, but forcing paternity on me after an hour of phone sex six weeks ago is ludicrous.

Nice try darling, nice first post and congratulations to you (and possibly your husband) on your upcoming fourth child. Great news!

Lots of love and call me now ;),
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 28 Aug 2010, 19:56, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 34 guests