OOOHHH SPIT !!!!

Post #1 made 9 years ago
Tryin to keep it clean . :angry: :angry: Computer crashed 2 days ago . :angry: Lost about a years worth of recipes and notes . This SUCKS ! I know I should have backed up but I didn't. All that work down the tubes. :headhit: One of these days my mechanic brain will catch up with my creative brain ! :pray: :pray: Guess I'll have to start anew .
Fortunately , I do have some copies in a notepad... My wife threw out at least 2 though. I WILL Get through this though ! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Joe
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 9 years ago
Joshua , my computer geek did not realize that the Biabacus files were my brewing files. He has taken care of numerous problems so I will not complain . Just need to get a flash drive for my recipes I guess.
Joe

Post #4 made 9 years ago
Oh dear, Joe :idiot:

It's too late for you now, but I always print off my reports before brew day.
Stops your keyboard getting sticky if you know what I mean :shock:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #5 made 9 years ago
Ouch, that really does suck... Instead of a flash drive, I just email them to myself (gmail) every few brews, since they are just excel files and take up very little room. That way they are up in the cloud and safe from the horrors of hardware failure... Also makes it easy to grab them on different computers / devices when the need arises...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #7 made 9 years ago
Feeling for you Joe.

Reminds me of the Windows, Apple thread I started a while back - lol!

Directory structure has become totally ridiculous :roll:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8 made 9 years ago
Thanks Gents,
Mally ,I have to figure out how to change the printing format. I tried that once , but the spacing was wrong and used 3 sheets of paper.
Goulaigan, And Josh , Think I might do the cloud trick, But , will still kill a few trees and have a hard copy. Sometimes I can't get on the computer with my wife always on there.
Joe

Post #9 made 9 years ago
jhough wrote:Mally ,I have to figure out how to change the printing format. I tried that once , but the spacing was wrong and used 3 sheets of paper.
Yep, it would be nice if the printout could be condensed to one page.
At the moment I just paste the Excel (spreadsheet) text into Word (word processor) and format the line spacing, remove unnecesasry info, and it easily fits one page.
Last edited by mally on 16 Nov 2014, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
G B

Post #10 made 9 years ago
Mally, I will try that one ! :clap: Or let my daughter ( who will be home from University ) figure it out !! :headhit:
Joe

Post #11 made 9 years ago
Good on you Joe.
BIABacus recipe text.jpg

This is what I do.
I am not sure if you have the same options in other word processors though. :scratch:
After this you will have to format the line spacing options, and delete text you may deem unnecessary, or make the font/text smaller to fit one page.
:luck:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mally on 20 Nov 2014, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
G B

Post #13 made 9 years ago
ahh mate that sucks, if only you'd uploaded the BIABacus recipes to the recipes thread as proven recipes, then we'd all be brewing them! :)
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #14 made 9 years ago
Nick, I actually was getting ready to post 2 recipes . I have 1 of them on paper and will have to rebrew to get the readings before I will post, but , good on y'a for kicking me in the rear to getgoing !
Joe

Post #15 made 9 years ago
jhough wrote:Nick, I actually was getting ready to post 2 recipes . I have 1 of them on paper and will have to rebrew to get the readings before I will post, but , good on y'a for kicking me in the rear to getgoing !
Joe
haha happy to help :lol:
Last edited by nicko on 27 Nov 2014, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 35 guests