Biabacus on ipad5

Post #1 made 9 years ago
I have an old ipad5 sitting around doing bugger all at the moment and thought it would be great out in the brew room to access my Biabacus as I brew instead of copying figures and notes on slips of paper then going inside to transfer them later on.
I read here somewhere that QuickOffice was ok but apparently Google are no longer making Quickoffice available for download but instead have an app called "Google Sheets".
Has anyone used the "Google Sheets" App?.... if so what is it like?...... Will it work on a ipad5?.... or is there some other free and easy program available that makes Excel work on ipad5 ??
Appreciate any help available
Cheers guys
Al
I used to spill more than I drink these days!

Post #4 made 9 years ago
Guys just on this, whilst you Can "View" BIABacus files on things like Google Apps etc you can't edit them. The formula's etc wont work properly so keep that in mind.

So it's fine to look at but these Web based spreadsheet Apps can not be used to Edit BIABacus.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #5 made 9 years ago
Thanks for that info Bundy, my main purpose with the ipad was to edit as I went along ( eg column L ) plus to have all the details at my fingertips when brewing, so I guess that has put a stop to that.
MS, I tried to get the WPS Office App but it said it needed ipad 6 or better to open but I have the old ipad 5.1.1 which can't be updated so that's the end of that..... Maybe I will make up a simple template to use when brewing, anyway back to the drawing board for now
Thanks for your help
cheers Al

Post #6 made 9 years ago
alanem wrote:Thanks for that info Bundy, my main purpose with the ipad was to edit as I went along ( eg column L ) plus to have all the details at my fingertips when brewing, so I guess that has put a stop to that.
cheers Al
Hi Al, yes I too tried that to no avail, (hence why I know it doesnt work) :nup:

Like many others here, I now just print the Recipe Report Tab in BIABacus and just note down the Key measurements from the brew day on paper as I go along. Then put that info back into BIABacus at a later time. One day the BIABacus will be coded and ultimately platform independent but for now we need to make do.

It's still the best software Tool out there so a few inconveniances arent the end of the world.

Happy brewing! :thumbs:

Bundy
Last edited by bundy on 21 Aug 2014, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Australia

Post #7 made 9 years ago
It's still the best software Tool out there so a few inconveniances arent the end of the world.

Happy brewing! :thumbs:

Bundy[/quote]

Couldn't agree more Bundy, Biabacus is so much more advanced than any other software available
:salute:
Cheers
Al

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 30 guests