Post #26 made 5 years ago
Thanks Mr Hough! That post above was very similiar to this one here. I usually only write posts like these at the end of an "answering questions" session when my brain has tired out but I've tucked into some yummy IPA's.

The lack of care and quality in so many other mediums really does worry me a lot though and, as I said in the post linked above, I really don't know what to do about it. Do you blatantly point out the massive cultural, mathematical and advisory errors out there (even by major authorities) or just continue along quietly?

I really appreciate posts like yours Mr Hough. Makes me feel like I am not talking to a wall. Good on you ;),
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 10 Mar 2014, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #27 made 5 years ago
26 posts and only one woman? Will Mark Twain's comment ring true?
In my country traditional woman are the brewers but the western part has few female brewers, fact is beer is not even considerded a lady's drink and very few females will drink beer.

Hi puplic43.
Only woman brewers need to respond.... but feel free all.

Post #28 made 5 years ago
PP, you are definitely not talking to a wall! I rank your posts right up there with Palmer's .I consider you a new found friend also.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #29 made 5 years ago
Wow! What a nice post Mr Hough :shock:. Really appreciate that. (Glad to see my cheque arrived safely and you wrote exactly what I told you to ;). Hold on, I thought this was a PM :argh:.

Seriously though, that is appreciated especially at times like this when I'm getting a bit annoyed at myself that I can't currently find the time or brainpower to quite bring a few important things together that would really help the site. I'm sure things will click soon. When it does, it will be so pleasing.

Looking forward to the day when I can relax and share a beer with the likes of you online :drink:. Until then, I'll look forward ot pics of yo and BobBrews having a beer together :).

Back on topic...

Setsumi, I just noticed that public43 has joined our ranks :thumbs: :clap: :champ:. Great first post toklas and welcome aboard officially. PM stoutgirl5 (Bek) and tell her to stop being lazy and start posting again on the forum. And she owes me an email! Bek is lots of fun and knows the best beers in Sydney. Bek, if you are reading this, go the MadHatters!!!

:)
Last edited by PistolPatch on 14 Mar 2014, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #30 made 5 years ago
Hello,

I know this thread has been dormant for a bit, but I actually have a couple of things to add: firstly, hi, brewer here of the female persuasion and secondly--has anyone had an occasion where a batch of beer tasted fine to them but someone of the opposite sex felt it was disgusting?

Case in point, I just bottled an English bitter my husband had requested I make. I did a taste-test and thought I caught a twinge of vomit in the aftertaste. As this was my third BIAB, I was very disappointed and started to review my processes in my head thinking what did I do wrong? (The previous batch smelled like vomit as well and I dumped that quickly.)

DH comes over and carefully sips and thinks-- I'm getting ready to apologize--and he says it tasted just like he remembered. "Very drinkable!"

Really?!

Now the fourth batch used all the same ingredients but a different English Ale yeast and I thought it tasted much better. DH was not convinced. He preferred the vomit rocket. Hmmm. More sensitive nose of my gender or just different people with different taste buds?

Anyway,

I have to say this forum is generally very polite compared to some. I feel when I've posted I've gotten plenty of good feedback regardless of which toilet door I go into.

Thanks,
Nikki

Post #31 made 5 years ago
Nikki, don't worry ..... women do sometimes have better sensory perception than men. Might be the type of work we do.... I'm a mechanic so I sniff grease and gas all day .
As far as the vomit taste............can't help you there.

Post #32 made 5 years ago
QuinBrew,

Checkout this link if you haven't before? This may better describe your experience?

Cheers! :salute:
Common off-flavors :?
http://www.howtobrew.com/section4/chapter21-2.html
Last edited by BobBrews on 19 Apr 2014, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Post #33 made 5 years ago
Thanks BB,
Funny, but I've read that same page when it happened the first time. I can't figure where "vomit" would fit in. Anyway, I've got a customer who'll drink it if he can keep his paws off while it conditions. Hey, maybe bottle conditioning will get rid of it?

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 8 guests