Post #3 made 11 years ago
lambert wrote:
Hints wrote:Note that Hints does not reply to questions.
Hints, why don't you reply to questions?
:lol: That's brilliant.

He won't answer. Anyone want to bet against me.
Last edited by GuingesRock on 26 Feb 2013, 21:53, edited 2 times in total.
Guinges

Post #8 made 11 years ago
[Note: Last post here by Hints has been removed as it lacked quality. Let's try again.]
lambert wrote:Hints, why don't you reply to questions?
Hints is a new tool that BIABrewer.info has implemented to provide fast, quality advice or direction without costing too much time. Education has always and always will be the main focus of this site. Hints will enable rapid education in certain areas.

Hints does not reply/encourage answers to questions for many reasons. The main reason is that the job of providing detailed answers is really that of the active members here. If active members here do not pass on quality information then BIABrewer.info is failing in its purpose.

It is a critical time for BIABrewer.info atm and time is of the essence. You answering questions on the forum well at the moment is the most critical factor that will determine whether the educational goals of BIABrewer.info are achieved.

Until we re-structure and re-write the site, please ensure that you study, use and hand on essential tools and concepts to others. For example, all active members here should now be familiar with the six terms bolded at the end of this post. Bookmarking that post and directing new members to it is just one of many ways in which active posters here can rapidly raise the knowledge levels of the entire community.

We hope that Hints will be of help to you and all other members here. While Hints can act as an efficient, one-way, information transfer tool, it will never equal quality posts by and between active members here.
Last edited by Hints on 27 Feb 2013, 11:38, edited 2 times in total.

Post #9 made 11 years ago
I love the idea of the Hints character.

I wonder if a another guy called Cracker would be considered, to throw in humour.

I read the blurb at the beginning of this site about the site culture and it mentions humour and sociability as being an integral part of the culture.

BIABrewer.info Culture

The environment of BIABrewer aims to not only be educational but also helpful, humourous and sociable. Experienced BIABrewers are encouraged to take a bit of time to monitor and help out in the beginners sections. New BIABrewers or those who have never even brewed a beer before should not be worried about asking what they think are too simple or, "silly," questions - experienced brewers know that learning the different levels of brewing can be a tad bewildering and many will go to great lengths to help you.
Last edited by GuingesRock on 28 Feb 2013, 01:47, edited 2 times in total.
Guinges

Post #10 made 11 years ago
Good Day, Hints is a charater so someone Like PP can write Simple Answer to Questions, Instead is pages of Solutions and questions, and conclusions about things that we have answered years ago, but, forgot the Topic!!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #11 made 11 years ago
GuingesRock wrote:I wonder if a another guy called Cracker would be considered, to throw in humour.
:salute: I like that idea. I can think of a few guys that could run it too!
joshua wrote:Good Day, Hints is a charater so someone Like PP can write Simple Answer to Questions, Instead is pages of Solutions and questions, and conclusions about things that we have answered years ago, but, forgot the Topic!!
:shoot:
Last edited by PistolPatch on 28 Feb 2013, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 23 guests