Just a stir

Post #1 made 6 years ago
Not denigrating the enthusiasm and dedication of home brewers of the complex technical geek persuasion - it stops them hanging around street corners in Kings Cross ... but I still can't understand a word of this post on another forum :cool: - it's somehow related to making beer.

Aren't we lucky that here on this forum we just make beer???? :thumbs:

Steve,
Looking at your schematic, I see you have pull up resistors on the buttons. Is there any reason why you did this instead of using the internal pull up resistors on the arduino/atmel? Also, I am guessing that you used transistors for the heater and buzzer to be more compatible? I suppose that is a good idea even though some options would be able to use these low output voltage and currents with no transistors.
Very good work smile.gif

Edak,

just a left over from my PIC days, I have always put pull-ups on my push buttons. I know that I could have driven the SSR directly from an output pin but I wanted a LED driven off the same pin, then you know on light no output, with a 1.2v drop across the LED I was getting very close to the 3v operating limit of a SSR so I decided to go with the transistor. With the buzzer have you ever heard a piezo at 5v its not very loud so again I went with the drive transistor. Its good that I posted the schematic because looking at it I have noticed some errors like the +5v supply on the relay and the use of BC 547 instead of 2N2222a which is what I'm going with.

cheers steve

:ugeek: :ugeek:
Last edited by Beachbum on 18 Apr 2012, 12:09, edited 3 times in total.

Post #2 made 6 years ago
Good Day BB,
You must been watching the American (Sepponian) forums, where how to make equipment to brew IS more Important than what you BREW!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 6 years ago
Not denigrating the enthusiasm and dedication of home brewers of the complex technical geek persuasion - it stops them hanging around street corners in Kings Cross
Beachbum,

Whats wrong with Kings Cross? I spent a week there back in 1966! I had a ball! At least what I remember of it!
Last edited by BobBrews on 20 Apr 2012, 01:14, edited 3 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Post #5 made 6 years ago
BobBrews wrote:I spent a week there back in 1966! I had a ball!
I think BeachBum was working there back then? I hope no money was exchanged between you two :lol: :lol: :lol:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 20 Apr 2012, 06:58, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #6 made 6 years ago
I could translate if necessary, I'm an electric brewer.

---Todd

PS: I took me a few months of research to learn the language.
WWBBD?

Post #7 made 6 years ago
Bob, you've solved a mystery. I was there in February and was walking up a narrow street of terrace houses. There was a Woman and her young daughter talking - I paused for a moment to listen to their charming conversation "Mummy, Mummy I can never remember what day my Birthday is". "That's easy darling, - it's actually the same day as the anniversary of Bob's Streak" - "oh that's right Mummy, how could we ever forget that".

:whistle:

Post #8 made 6 years ago
You guys are too much! I had a lovely time in the kings cross area (visiting churches) and admiring the architecture. You presume that as a Vietnam solider on leave I was up to no good? ....Oh?, Yeah, now I remember? I guess your right? I was up to no good! "narrow street of terrace houses" I do remember something like that? Funny that I actually remember more about spending a week (Down-Under) than a year in the jungle? I must be selective or why I drink?
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 2 guests