Favourite BIABrewer Ads

Post #1 made 12 years ago
Just noticed this morning that the ads mentioned here have popped up (right at the bottom).

How come I keep getting one for ThaiSingles.com? Aren't the ads meant to be targeted according to my browsing patterns? :scratch:

:whistle:
PP

Edit: Just had a PM from BobBrews. He reckons the only ads he's seen so far are for enlargement. He says it must be because he is into photography. :smoke:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 08 Mar 2012, 17:45, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #2 made 12 years ago
Managed IT and Web services ;)

Google AdWords Ads
Last edited by stux on 09 Mar 2012, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #4 made 12 years ago
Good Day I get singlesnet.com, too bad I'm almost 3 times older than these singles!!!!
I have shoes that are older!
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 12 years ago
I'm seeing some hot Ukrainian girls,Anna,Tatanya and Nataliya that want to talk.I gave them Pat's name,he's always up late at night with nothing but time on his hands(so to speak).
AWOL

Post #7 made 12 years ago
Just got off the phone to Natilya. She is really nice. Thank you Lylo. Was very sorry to hear about her mother's upcoming operation though. Have sent some money to help.

Glad to see you are enjoying the ads :). They're the only ones you'll see for a while though. When we have more time, we'll investigate having a few ads that are more in line with brewing and focussed on your region. It's a low priority atm though.

I just logged in as stux and see that his post above is a lie. His pages are crammed with male beauty products.

;)
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #8 made 12 years ago
PistolPatch wrote: How come I keep getting one for ThaiSingles.com? Aren't the ads meant to be targeted according to my browsing patterns? :scratch:
ha hahah hahaahha ha ha
I get proper one from computer shops in Greece, h(ow)tf do they know that I need a new computer?????
:)
Last edited by kostass on 09 Mar 2012, 18:16, edited 3 times in total.

Post #10 made 12 years ago
Wholesale Stainless Spigotts now....
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #11 made 12 years ago
stux wrote:Managed IT and Web services ;)
Pat wrote:I just logged in as stux and see that his post above is a lie. His pages are crammed with male beauty products.
stux wrote:Wholesale Stainless Spigotts now....
More lies?

:lol:

[Edit: You won't believe this, but since posting the above, I actually did get a 'beauty' ad. Didn't even post my pic :scratch:.]
Last edited by PistolPatch on 10 Mar 2012, 22:57, edited 3 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!

Post #12 made 12 years ago
Good Day PP, Ads, be Ads, not too comsuming time, not taking long to load, not upsetting anybody.
I hope the Forum is making money from Google!!

Post #13 made 12 years ago
Hey there joshua :peace:,

It's great to see that the ads at the bottom aren't causing any problems. They seem to be a bit of fun actually :P.

I should point out though that this site does not make any money. (I personally cover the financial shortfall.) The financial shortfall is insignificant though - just an always very unwelcome inconvenience. What is significant is the labour and thinking that goes on behind the scenes. It is incredible.

The 'consumer' is never interested in the above and fair enough. For me though, it is a constant and major problem.

For example, in the past, several people have worked behind the scenes, long and hard but with no reward. This tradition continues today. All, bar one, has never expected or asked for a financial reward. If I were a millionaire I'd give them all thousands of dollars!

Since publishing this post, we had one donation of ten dollars. (Well done housecat!). This should tell you that a donation is a rare event.

Myself, and the rest of the development team are a bit useless at thinking about money. I'd love to see a sudden flurry of donations totalling $250 US. This would enable me to send one particular developer, who is without an income, a present. Alas, that does not seem to be a reality.

There are a few obvious things we could do to raise money for the site. Selling BIAB bags is very obvious. Like everything else though, it requires someone to put their hand up and say, "I'll organise/research/make that happen for you!" This is just pure, hard, 'work', without reward.

The only thing I can really say is that the more 'work' we put into the site, the sooner we'll see the great result the developers envision. Anyone who can't provide work but can provide dollars, your dollars are more valuable now than later and we'll respect and reward that.

Like all the other developers here, I hate asking others to contribute.

My apologies,
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 11 Mar 2012, 01:49, edited 3 times in total.

Post #14 made 12 years ago
Pat mentioned above, a desire to give one particular member of the development team a gift with a value of $250. As 'treasurer' of the site, the gift envisioned will, in reality, be closer in cost to $350 :roll:.

While it is not normally the policy of the site to publicly acknowledge donations, immediately prior to this post, Lylo, already an 'Enthusiast', donated $25.

Under the current circumstances, I believe a temporary donation drive is certainly in order.

After Lylo's donation, we still have $325 to raise. For the next seven days, I'll publicly post here, any donations made to the site. If the goal is not reached, depending on the amount of the shortfall, I might pledge the remainder myself. If the goal is over-reached, we can use it to reimburse past costs or pre-pay future ones.

Let's see how we go.

Nuff said.

Post #16 made 12 years ago
Received. Thank you very much Todd. We'll make it $290 to go as we'll include housecat's donation.

I'll investigate the exact amount of money needed as it might be less. Will report back here when done.

Nuff

Post #17 made 12 years ago
Good Day,I hope the exchange rate of Aussie$ to Us$ works correctly! maybe $225.00us to go.

Post #18 made 12 years ago
You guys are amazing :o.

Joshua, I think you just bought all of BIABrewer.info :lol:. That is an incredible donation :o. It actually came in as $80 US dollars so the tally is down to $210.

I felt really bad about doing a post about money. Now, thanks to you guys, I'm really excited :party: :thumbs: :salute: :champ:.

I believe Nuff is emailing you guys to let you know what the gift is. Should be great.

Thank you all once again. You have really made my week.

Pat

Post #19 made 12 years ago
They are amazing! Wow!

Just received another very generous donation of $50 from rockbottom.

Only $160 to go. Very impressive effort from everyone.

I have to head out for the rest of the day but will update again on my return.

Nuff

Post #22 made 12 years ago
Nice work guys!!!

Have just followed Lambert's suit with $25 so that should take it down to $60.

(I'm treating it as a fine for writing too long a posts :lol:.)

Post #23 made 12 years ago
With regard to these ads.

I've just seen one from a local energy supplier offering a better deal. If I were to click on the ad and sign up for the deal does BIABrewer receive more revenue because I've used the link from this site ?
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #24 made 12 years ago
Yes Yeasty, that's the way the system works. There are strict rules though and an account can be closed if they find the system being abused.

On the gift side of things, We're still investigating the cost as it has to be bought in one country and sent to another. You guys have certainly raised enough to make sure it will happen regardless of whether the last $60 is raised. Brilliant effort :clap:.

Return to “General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 36 guests