Maxi BIABs 5,6,7,8

Post #1 made 11 years ago
Been keeping busy since my last post and knocked out following brews.
They're all at various stages and am planning on having a few people round next month to help drink it all:

Butty Bach 'clone': a rough estimate based on the website
Proper Job Clone: Based on info from brewery
Bramling Cross single hop experiment
Citra SMaSH : lightly hopped

The butty clone tastes great, but after the PJ clone I will never, ever, ever, ever loose dry hop again. Nightmare.

I think my original PJ clone (on here somewhere) will be better than this one – time will tell.

Efficiency seems to have drastically improved after changing grain supplier. Sadly I didn’t keep any notes – bad Tarmac.

I seem to get more organised every time and the brews keep turning out better than expected. To anyone thinking of starting biab or maxi biab - get on it! You won't be disappointed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #3 made 11 years ago
Tarmac,
The butty clone tastes great, but after the PJ clone I will never, ever, ever, ever loose dry hop again. Nightmare.
What happened? I have always just dumped the dry hops into the primary after the fermentation was over and then kegged (or bottled) a week later. What did you do? :scratch:
Last edited by BobBrews on 06 Mar 2013, 21:20, edited 2 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 11 years ago
BobBrews wrote:Tarmac,
What did you do? :scratch:
Got my syphon blocked - a lot :sad:

Still tastes great - I'll just use a bag for dry hopping in future.

@Brewbagman, yes I usually have a couple of brews all at different stages on at the same time. :thumbs: I actually use a spreadsheet to manage the whole thing or I may end end bottling the wrong brew!
Last edited by Tarmac on 07 Mar 2013, 22:16, edited 2 times in total.

Post #5 made 11 years ago
Have you considered a "screen" on the bottom of your autosiphon. I frequently use a piece of "pantyhose" or cheesecloth held in place with a rubberband... all sanitized of course :lol:
Bill
Hop Song Brewing-Santa Rosa, California

Return to “Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests