IPA's adaptation

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Hello guys, 
This weekend I'm trying to brew an adaptation of windriver's IPA "Three of a kind". 
In my case, I only have two suitable hops, so mine is "Two of a kind". I adjunct the Biabacus excel file. 
I would like to know if my substitutions are correct, specially the grain. Water volumes and so I manage well with my equipment. 
In fact this will be the 5th beer I do and everything has gone properly before. 
Thank you very much for any help or comment. 
Hugs 

Juan Angel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Spain

Re: IPA's adaptation

Post #2 made 7 years ago
HNot necessarily...

Are you planning on skipping the final dry Hop? Looks like you might be. 

Different hops than recipe can still make great beer. Magnum is great. More known for lagers, but for bittering...no problem. Cascade awesome. More like an APA. Different hops, can create a little different results. Don't be afraid to experiment; what's the worst that can happen...  ;)

I would recommend to a) DON'T skip a 2nd dry Hop session. If need be can be same Hop as the other. B) better yet mix in another good Hop in the arrangement so not just Cascade and Magnum. Remember, it's an IPA...  :drink:
Last edited by Scott on 05 Mar 2017, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Re: IPA's adaptation

Post #3 made 7 years ago
[font=Courier New]Hi Scott, and thank you for your fast answer.  [/font]
[font=Courier New]I would recommend to a) DON'T skip a 2nd dry Hop session. If need be can be same Hop as the other[/font]
[font=Courier New]I am not planning skipping any DH, perhaps I have misunderstood something. I thougt the original recipe indicates you have to do an unique DH with both Amarillo and Simcoe hops mixed together. I thought of doing my DH with cascade at a rate of 4 gr/liter. I am still pretty new in the art of homebrewing. [/font]
[font=Courier New]It seems the original recipe says you have to do 2 consecutive DH. Ok. I guess I can do two consecutive DH with 20 gr of Cascade and having them about one week each. [/font]

[font=Courier New] B) better yet mix in another good Hop in the arrangement so not just Cascade and Magnum. [/font]
[font=Courier New]Well, apart from the Magnum and the cascade I only have available some Hallertauer Hersbrucke and Target hops. I am not sure if any of one of them could help. [/font]
[font=Courier New]I will follow your advice. For the moment, I want to faithfully keep the recipes as much as I can with the ingredients I have. [/font]
[font=Courier New]So, I will try to brew it during this week. [/font]
[font=Courier New]Hugs :thumbs:[/font]
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Spain

Return to “BIAB Recipes”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests