Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout - CYBI with John Maier

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Hi,

With deference to Mad_Scientist's thread on Rogue's Dead Guy ale, I thought I'd start a similar thread on their Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout, an American Stout style ale.

The podcast is referenced in the attached BIABacus:
BIABacus PR1.3T - American Stout - Rogue Shakespeare - Batch A1.xls
I also referenced this link for some details of the recipe:
http://destroy.net/brewing/CYBI/CYBI-Ro ... Stout.html

Note that this recipe is scaled for my setup, so be sure to adjust to your own requirements, especially kettle dimensions & section X.

While Jamil emphasizes the use of Pacman yeast for true authenticity, I don't think I'll be using that strain because I'm aiming for the convenience of dry yeast. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

I probably won't brew this until winter. In the meantime, I hope that other brewers will find this material useful and brew this ale!

Looking forward to feedback and comments.

Cheers
BDP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BDP on 11 Jun 2016, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout - CYBI with John Maier

Post #4 made 7 years ago
By far the best stout I've brewed to date, the 4th in a series. First tasting after 3 weeks bottle conditioning, and I was pleasantly surprised. The harsh bitterness (hop and roasted barley) I experienced from the kettle sample has totally dissipated, and there is now a nice balance of roasted, chocolate and malt flavours, with great body from the oatmeal. I highly recommend this recipe if you enjoy this style. I think I've finally found the stout recipe I'll brew again and again.

Cheers! :drink:

Return to “BIAB Recipes”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 29 guests