Post #26 made 8 years ago
and the Marketing Ploy of the year award goes to.........BrewDog Brewery in the United Kingdom?!

Brilliant really.

And there was us thinking that they were just really great guys :think:

Post #27 made 8 years ago
Oh, and here's how that 1st batch turned out looking like after only 10 days in the bottle and only 8 hours in the fridge ;)
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pilch on 10 Apr 2016, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

Post #28 made 8 years ago
Looks fantastic Pilch :thumbs:.

Which one was it? (I'm too lazy to re-read the thread :)). Have you got a file for us? And, most importantly, what does it taste like?

:drink:
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #30 made 8 years ago
That was the Karl Strauss pintail clone that I got some volumes wrong on and it ended up a bit bigger (7% ABV) than it should of. It tastes great though and I was absolutely stoked at the results of only my first try at BIAB, I am definitely hooked now. It could easily Cary some more hops up front on the pallet and on the aroma side but that will be easy to achieve next time out.

I do have the recipe file on my computer, I'll see if. Can pop it up in the recipe section when I get back over to the fire station after lunch ;-)

Those screw top bottles actually hold a crown seal o.k, I was a bit dubious at first but I've used them quit a bit now and haven't had any problems thus far?!

Post #31 made 8 years ago
Pilch, the Only Bottles that ever Cracked/Shattered were those twist-off bottles, many of them are very poor Quality.

Be very careful when Capping those.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #33 made 8 years ago
You Aussies have a better bottle than us Seppo's!
Last edited by joshua on 13 Apr 2016, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #34 made 7 years ago
I'm going to have a crack at a few of their beers over the coming months and the marketing has worked on me. I'll pick up one of their cans when I see it available on the shelf at a reasonable price.
Their hoppy brown ale has tickled my fancy

Post #35 made 7 years ago
Guys, I tried to clone the Punk IPA but there isn't enough cells to enter the large amount of hops needed. Is there any way to increase section D?
PS. I did my own calculations and obliviously didn't calculate well the amounts because it tastes too bitter.

Re:

Post #36 made 7 years ago
vandros wrote:Guys, I tried to clone the Punk IPA but there isn't enough cells to enter the large amount of hops needed. Is there any way to increase section D?
PS. I did my own calculations and obliviously didn't calculate well the amounts because it tastes too bitter.
You can work around this by combining several hops added at the same time in the same row. You will have to do a mass-weighted average of the AA%s.

The dry hop additions should be straightforward to calculate by simply scaling to the batch volume.

My latest batch was based on the Punk IPA (2010 - ) and it came out very nicely. I added a bit of wheat malt and had to substitute a few hops, luckily not the Nelson Sauvin which I'd say is mandatory for a Punk IPA clone.
Last edited by suburbrew on 06 Jan 2017, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Denmark

Return to “BIAB Recipes”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 23 guests