Looking for high quality brewing pics for the new site.

Post #1 made 8 years ago
One of the many, many skills I don't have is photography.

I'm not sure if brewing photography is a common skill, but I need lots and lots of pics for the new site on anything and everything relating to brewing. For example, I need photos, pics, graphics, or illustrations:

- to act as the background image for various landing pages. [such as covers most of this Website Example.]

- to act as the background image for smaller sidebars. [such as are used on the right of the above example or the graphics used here.]

- lots of pics of the brew day in action, all equipment* and the finished product.

There are certainly many excellent pics on this site, but there is no way that I could dig them up, so please re-post them in this thread. If you're unsure a photo/pic/diagram is good enough to post here, just PM me and I'll let you know.

This is a very big, and most important, part of the new site so I'll watermark or somehow credit any pics used or those that put effort into this.

Cheers,
Pat

* To give you an idea of the range of pics/graphics needed: industrial gloves, kettles, 3V set-ups, paint-stirrers, different coloured beers in a glass, boiling kettles, mashes, cleaning/sanitising products, hydrometers, burners, urns... the list goes on.
Last edited by Pat on 21 Feb 2016, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #2 made 8 years ago
Here's a part of a diagram of the brewing process; it might trigger some ideas on where pics etc., are needed.
BP Lower Bit.jpg
Here's one of a basic brewing thermometer.
SS_Thermometer.JPG
Here's another of a cooler/esky being used to help fermentation temperature control.
Fermenter Box.jpg
Here's a dodgy pic of the same apartment brewer (that's me, quite a few years ago), with some kegs in a fridge and other beers conditioning in HDEP containers. The white thing on top of the fridge is the cooler/esky from the last pic. (Those blue containeres/cubes can be used for no-chilling but those beers were actually fast-chilled, fermented and then put into the cubes for lagering.).
Complete Set Up - Open Compressed.bmp
And, to finish off, pictures like the following really are fantastic. These are little clips that, for keggers, can keep your beer and gas lines sitting in the right spot.
ClipClampClosed.JPG
ClipClampOpen.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pat on 21 Feb 2016, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

Post #3 made 8 years ago
I just emailed you a few, let me know if you don't get the message (it was quite large) and I'll get them to you by other means.

---Todd
WWBBD?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 8 years ago
by other means...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WWBBD?

Post #6 made 8 years ago
You bet! Fantastic hop pics and I don't think I have seen that set-up of yours with the element and the black box hanging over the side of the kettle. Wouldn't mind knowing what that set-up is. Even cartoons uploaded :).

Many thanks to you Todd :thumbs:.

Post #8 made 8 years ago
Here's a few randoms from my phone...
IMG-20150507-00130.jpg
IMG_20150805_223954.jpg
IMG_20150819_204423.jpg
IMG_20150922_215931.jpg
IMG_20151103_172637.jpg
IMG_20151103_174641.jpg
IMG_20151201_182820.jpg
IMG_20160104_202627.jpg
IMG_20160122_223555.jpg
IMG_20160127_091100.jpg
IMG_20160131_162612.jpg
IMG_20160221_193347.jpg
Last edited by goulaigan on 22 Feb 2016, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #9 made 8 years ago
This link are my public photos on Flickr; https://www.flickr.com/photos/madscientistbrewhaus/

This link are my set of photos outlining my brew process; https://www.flickr.com/photos/madscient ... 3528473769

I have an edited shorter set of photos in my signature link.

You are welcome to use any of these photos for the new website. If you see something of interest, but needs to be re-photographed to meet size or cropping requirements, let me know, and I'll do my best to re-shoot it.

MS
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 24 Mar 2016, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

Post #10 made 8 years ago
[I don't often get time to write on the forum as "Pat". Today is a day where I am attempting to catch up.]

Thanks a heap for the above :salute:.

Please keep the pics coming. This is an important thread where anyone can contribute. Rick has been working on some graphics of the new site, and, he is as fussy as I am. So, something you might think simple, like a single pic of a single piece of equipment, might really help us out.

Lots of excellent pics above though that we'll already be able to use.

Thank you,
Pat

Post #11 made 8 years ago
Hey Pat, I just emailed you a bunch of pictures... Sometimes you don't know exactly which photo shot you need until...you don't have it and are looking for a certain illustration.

Not sure how I found this post but did today. Hadn't seen it before.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #12 made 8 years ago
Pat - I emailed you a bunch of pictures (probably 4 emails with attachments). Noticed your thread just earlier today...

Post #13 made 8 years ago
Scott, sorry for the slow reply. Your pictures are excellent and I'll email you back properly within the next week.

As usual, those brewers that give the most here get the least public thanks. But, you really do make things happen.

:thumbs: Pat

Post #14 made 8 years ago
Thanks Pat, trying to do my part...

By the way, the image of using a sheet of OSB as a brew kettle "wind break" may not be a good example. With the weather we had that day, "raining sideways", it was something that had to be done...to brew on the back porch. If someone wasn't paying attention and had the sheet too close to the flame, it could use the sheet of OSB as a bridge to get into the roof of a house... Don't want someone to burn their house down. :nup:

Return to “Important Notices”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 1 guest