Post #2 made 13 years ago
I liked the pics of the Mexicans doing 20 galloon BIABs (must be about 90 L). Here's one...
MexcianBIAB.jpg
An interesting subject. Mexicans using Maxi-BIAB could fill a few kegs I reckon :salute:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 03 Feb 2011, 18:45, edited 5 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 13 years ago
Wouldn't that be Mexi-BIAB?

They could do 6 kegs (114L) of wort at an L:G of 3:1 in a 90L pot

I'm pretty sure 3:1 works
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #4 made 13 years ago
The biggest I've done in my 62 qt pot is 25.5 lbs of grain (Doppelbock with 1.09 OG) and I was aiming for 8 gallons. I think I came out a bit more like 7.5, but it was close. On medium OG batches I have no problem doing 8 gallons, and on more session-styles I can do 9+ gallons fairly easily

This is doing full volume no sparge or top-up BIAB. That's when I was bottling. Now that I got a kegging setup I'll probably never make 8 gallon batches again and just stick to 5 and fill a corny.

Post #7 made 13 years ago
I'm planning a 12KG triple tomorrow (today?)... in my 50L pot ;)

plan is to make 45L of wort for post dilution to 60L
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #8 made 13 years ago
I use a 30 gallon Boilermaker for 12 gallons into the fermenters. Full liquor, no sparge.

The biggest grain bill so far was 35lbs (~18kg). That day, the cotton drawstring I had been using for ~1.056 gravity "regular" beers BROKE and splashed a good quart of hot wort all over us. I quickly re-purposed a section of braided poly line from my dead hop trellis. I'm upgrading to 550 paracord as soon as it is delivered.

I also use a pulley mounted to a screw-in eye hook in the garage door frame and a boating cleat.
I recently upgraded to a ratcheted boat trailer winch.

Return to “Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 21 guests