Post #76 made 12 years ago
$5... you could have bought a mash tun, march pump, 3 way ball valves, HLT...oh no you said $5 maybe some silicone hose?

Don't tell those 3v brewers how much it costs to do BIAB :)

Well done on learning to sew. I think the hardest part is threading the machine, but that's just me :)
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #77 made 12 years ago
Good on you Todd - looks perfect!

(Can't believe you took that first pic while sitting on the toilet though :shock:)

:peace:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #78 made 12 years ago
hashie wrote:.......I think the hardest part is threading the machine, but that's just me :)
Nope, that's the hardest part for me too.
Last edited by thughes on 17 Dec 2011, 23:26, edited 5 times in total.
WWBBD?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #79 made 12 years ago
PistolPatch wrote:Good on you Todd - looks perfect!

(Can't believe you took that first pic while sitting on the toilet though :shock:)

:peace:
PP
That's the legs on my tripod that you are seeing in the first picture..... :whistle:
Last edited by thughes on 17 Dec 2011, 23:28, edited 5 times in total.
WWBBD?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #80 made 12 years ago
Hi,
ought I'd jump in and share my bag-making exploits. Got 1M square of voile for £1.99 and made this (bag 1), according to the directions in the master guide:

Thought it looked way to small, and I had loads of voile left, so I whipped-up this one too (bag 2):

Both are doubly stitched with overlocking polyester thread.
I'll let you know how these bad beasts perform, and whether they rip apart as soon as I lift some grain!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #81 made 12 years ago
Hi there nonop and welcome aboard :peace:,

Nice work on the stitching :salute:. That first bag shape is quite a hard one to sew up so you've done well.

You mention you are worried about the size. What is the height and depth of your pot? The bag when sitting 'slack' should line your pot. When pulled up, full of grain, the goal is for the shape to keep it away from the sides.

Knowing the size of your pot should give us a better idea of how your bag should go.

Cheers,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Re: BIAB Bag Materials/Design - Pros and Cons

Post #83 made 6 years ago
ElectroBeer wrote:
6 years ago
I came here searching for info because I just re-listened to the Beersmith podcast on BIAB Brewing. It made me think I could benefit from a custom bag. The info you guys have provided here is great! Thanks.
I contacted a guy who hangs out at the big homebrew site and advertises hem makes bags, he sews then to fit your kettle, they work great and are easy to handle, the first bag I got I ordered from my LHBS and it was a mess.
Temperance is for those who cannot hold their liquor :drink: :drink:
    • MVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 12 guests