52 qt pot in the states

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Found this while surfing this morning, bloody thing hit my board :headhit:

Looks like a good cheap pot for anyone looking to go gas fired. I think the steamer base would/could be used as a false bottom to keep your bag away from the heat?
Last edited by hashie on 08 Mar 2012, 13:44, edited 3 times in total.
"It's beer Jim, but not as we know it."

Post #2 made 7 years ago
That looks great hashie. Even if it had a thin bottom, I think the 'steamer' thing would prevent any major problems. Impressed!
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #3 made 7 years ago
Good Day I have a 32qt/31L. version on this, I modified the steamer plate to lower it a bit since there is 2 gallons/8L of space below it. The Guage of the pot is around 16Ga, with slightly thinner sides.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #5 made 7 years ago
Good on you greyghost :thumbs:.

I have a feeling that is going to be a great buy. Can you let us know if the bottom is thick or thin? (Even if thin, I don't think this will be an issue.)

:salute:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #6 made 7 years ago
My pot came today. Not real heavy. .045/1.15mm thick. but it is a keeper. The false bottom is going to work very well for BIAB. A 52qt/ 49 liter pot for $35 delivered is a screaming deal. The price has gone up to $60 now. I guess I will have to use it to brew beer with as well as cooking crabs.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests