Post #2 made 9 years ago
Nik, I ran into a problem...

I checked Dry and Liquid Malt extracts form 4 Manufacturers.

Dry Malt Extract is about 97%+-4% extract potential with 2%+3%-1% Moisture Content
Liquid Extract is about 83%+10-5% extract potential with 20%+2%-5% Moisture Content
Sugar is 99% extract potential with 2%+4%-0% moisture content
And
Candy Syrup varies greatly by Manufacturer.

It would be best to "Google" which extract, and adjunct you have available at your LHBS, or Part of the World.

JMHO.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #3 made 9 years ago
Thanks Joshua they are perfect I just want to have some references just to be in the ballpark

Στάλθηκε από το C1905 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Greece

Post #4 made 9 years ago
I just realized that if someone change some variables like Kfl can use biabacus for extract brewing that's very cool nice work guys!!!

Post #5 made 9 years ago
Joshua has nailed your question nik. The extract potentials on extracts differ horrendously.

You have also nailed the fact that the BIABacus can handle extract brews. It also can handle three-vessel brewing better than anything else although not many people know that or what you have picked up. Secret :).

[OFF-TOPIC: Good to see you nik ;. I have a Skype planned with Kostas this week as well.]
Last edited by PistolPatch on 08 Apr 2015, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #6 made 9 years ago
Thanks for answering Pat this year so far is quite difficult for me regarding free time but I still brewing this time I moved to smaller batches inside (8 liters) with a small pot (17 liter) and feel happy again biabacus is a tool of choice. We talk with Kostas because he is a member of Greek homebrewers association as me and we spend time organizing things.

Return to “Measurement, Mathematics and Records”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 12 guests