Post #26 made 11 years ago
MODNOTE: Just moved this and a few posts above from the Guinness thread so you can chat more freely. The original time stamp on this post was about three hours ago. Have fun :P. Cheers Nuff
GuingesRock wrote:That's the girl! It was a RangeRover :) Her parents are friends of the family. Did you say you'll have 50L of GUINNESS :) make it double that and we'll talk.
Wow :blush: :blush: :blush: small world :lol: I was a bit of a dick back then so they will remember me :lol:

Nuff said :sneak: lets get back on topic and talk Guinness..before the wife finds and bans me.. :whistle:
Last edited by Yeasty on 11 Jan 2013, 10:45, edited 40 times in total.
Why is everyone talking about "Cheese"
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From Great Britain

Post #27 made 11 years ago
Nuff, your Correct!

“In conlusion, there is no conclusion. Things will go on as they always have, getting weirder all the time.” - Robert Anton Wilson
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #28 made 11 years ago
joshua wrote:“In conlusion, there is no conclusion. Things will go on as they always have, getting weirder all the time.” - Robert Anton Wilson
Sounds promising!

If this thread were stickied at the top Nuff I might remember more to use it. It tends to get lost in the bush and forgotten. Just an idea. I don't mind personally saying "commenting in Nonsense", or "moving to nonsense" with the little man that walks over to the side. If you are really serious about this. Maybe a button that says "post nonsense" that would automatically link to "the other side"

This is a big move for the site though. I've enjoyed the little bits of banter in between the serious stuff though. It gives your head a rest and it makes a thread more readable. A bit like having pictures in a text book. It keeps things light hearted and spurs on creativity, and from that frame of mind great inventions and thoughts evolve. And what about the sheep!

I'm sad a little bit that the site is changing. It's a tricky issue though. Maybe it will be a change for the better. Seems a little restrictive. I guess you guys have put some thought into it. Maybe you don't need feedback. Maybe I just need to get used to the idea.

We haven't heard from Bob in a while. I hope you haven't scared him off. The site won't be the same if that's so :cry:
Last edited by GuingesRock on 11 Jan 2013, 18:38, edited 40 times in total.
Guinges

Post #29 made 11 years ago
That's a good idea regarding making this a sticky GuingesRock. Now done ;).

Rest-assured, the site isn't changing so don't be worried there. Often a thread will have one or two off-topic posts and that's perfectly fine. Very rarely is there a string of them.

Your Guinness thread where the posts above originally appeared, is a very good one that readers will be interested in. Nuff's splitting of the topic was a good move as it serves everyone. It prevents those interested in Guiness, losing interest in the thread and allows those who enjoy some banter to keep doing so.

Splitting a topic can take twenty or thirty minutes to do correctly. Please never see it as a negative. It's rarely done but when it is, it's just someone taking the time to help us all.

Please make as much use of this thread as you can. That's a classic string of posts between you and Yeasty above.

:lol:
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #31 made 11 years ago
Don't worry about Bob, GR. He's holding all the Cheesetradamus prizes so I email him three times a day to make sure he hasn't absconded :P. (Seriously though, he's actually having a pretty busy week.) He's also crap at numbers and has a bad memory so I constantly remind him what the Cheesetradamus prizes are. He thought it was just something small but I have corrected him and told him that it's thousands of dollars worth. I figure if I say this enough times, his false memories will disappear.

Wish me luck :lol:,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #32 made 11 years ago
PP,

You might as well add a coupon to use on a "local girl of the night" as long as you keep adding to the Cheesestradamus payout! Dream big my friend! The shoe box full of prizes is waiting for the last game of the season (Super-Bowl) to be mailed out! Please do not get to excited! A heart as old as yours may not make it! Come to think about it. Your liver may be your biggest threat!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Post #33 made 11 years ago
Bob, I need the prize money for my liver transplant.

Remember, the prize is $25,000. You are a great bloke :thumbs:.
Last edited by PistolPatch on 12 Jan 2013, 18:08, edited 40 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #34 made 11 years ago
PP,

Now I know why you never see pickled liver's in specialty shoppes along with pickled eggs or pickled pigs feet. pickled livers are too common! Good luck in tonight's Packers game! :yum:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #36 made 11 years ago
Hear you go! "Bath Cooked Eggs" http://www.stempski.com/bath_cooked_eggs.php I put this link up a few years ago. Somewhere on this forum there are some posts about it. Search for :arrow: bath cooked eggs?
Last edited by BobBrews on 16 Jan 2013, 21:41, edited 40 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #40 made 11 years ago
I've gotta change that signature today,my arms are waving around like an NFL referee. :champ:
I feel like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. :argh:
My wife thinks I've gone nuts!! :lol:
I had no idea there were so many believers. :o
AWOL

Post #41 made 11 years ago
Lylo,

Your "Cheese" gift will be in the mail tomorrow. That is if I go to the post office on the way to the polar brew tomorrow? Thanks for winning and saving me postage! Sorry for raising my hand so much. I was just trying to make you look foolish. I make myself look foolish all the time. I just wanted to spread the wealth! :roll:
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #43 made 11 years ago
Lylo,

I will be leaving in a hour or so to the post office and the lake! I will give it a go! You can be sure that I will be ultra careful walking. I feel safe knowing other home brewers will be there. If I fall I can be sure that (after they steal my kit) someone will help me up!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #44 made 11 years ago
So with this malady you are experiencing I guess that either sober or hammered there is a huge chance that you are going to end up tits up on the ice as usual!!
AWOL

Post #45 made 11 years ago
Yeasty wrote:
Sorry pal, no can do, we all know that Guinness doesn't travel well. :lol: :lol:

Mevagissey :argh: :argh: I new a girl from Mevagissey..no bull, we met one new years eve when I was on a Minesweeper back in the 80's (85 or 86) her dad had a restaurant on the quayside. Fantastic place :thumbs:

ahh, (Ex?)Matelot, that'll explain your cheery helpfulness :thumbs:

Taff - Chief Tiff WAFU :kisswink:
Last edited by taff.. on 09 Feb 2013, 22:02, edited 40 times in total.

Post #46 made 11 years ago
taff.. wrote:Taff - Chief Tiff WAFU :kisswink:
Nice one :lol: :lol:

For those guys who can't be bothered to gooogle it WAFU is an acronym used for a sub branch of the Royal Navy it stands for

WET and F##king Useless.!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shoot:

No really its Royal Navy speak for Weapons And Fuel Users..

:kisswink:
Last edited by Yeasty on 09 Feb 2013, 22:48, edited 40 times in total.

Post #47 made 11 years ago
My father was in the navy during the war, he was a motor torpedo boat gunner. One of his navy expressions (he had many) was “as wet as a can on pi$$”

Be careful and wash those eggs Yeasty. Chickens only have one opening at the back end :argh: (cloaca) and you aren’t boiling them. Perhaps dip them in starsan :)
Guinges

Post #48 made 11 years ago
I've got a story about eggs from my Navy days..Got to go for a few pints and a curry now so you'll have to wait :lol:

One for tomorrow :thumbs:

Post #49 made 11 years ago
How was the curry Yeasty?

Did you have a Chicken Madrass? Onion Bhaji? Mushroom Bhaji? Paratha? Cucumber Raita? Bombay Potatoes? Pilau Rice? ...what did you have?

I miss the English curry so much. Nothing like it around here, unless you go to Halifax, where there is only one half decent curry place in the whole city.

What's that egg story?
Guinges

Post #50 made 11 years ago
So I made it back from the Polar brew! I didn't fall! I brewed my "Fish Pee" with out to much bother. OK! I missed the late hop additions by 15 minutes and I boiled for 20 minutes too long. But other than that I scored a lot of free beer and food! The regular snacks like, beer bread, beer chip dip, chili with beer, hop candy.

The temperature wasn't as high as expected but a pleasant 26F (-3.3C). Minimal wind and actually a decent day overall. I will post a YouTube video later today if I can cut 40 minutes of video down to 8 minutes!

EDIT:
I will post a YouTube video later today if I can cut 40 minutes of video down to 8 minutes!
The video lasted 60 minutes! It may be a few days to cut it to 8 minutes!!!

Here is last years Polar brew 2012. Poor turn out because of the weather!
http://youtu.be/RQgOa5u1fes
Last edited by BobBrews on 10 Feb 2013, 21:11, edited 41 times in total.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 69 guests