Actual Values and BIABacus

Post #1 made 7 years ago
Hi on my 5th all grain brew and appreciate the tools and help here.
I have a couple of questions:

1. The "actual pre-pitching volumes" doesnt seem to have automated connections to the rest of the spreadsheet - intuitively I would have expected actuals to override expected for the remainder of the brewing process - for example that amount is now used as the amount in the fermenter and adjustments made from that point.
actuals biab.JPG
2. Dry hop increments do not appear to scale like other hop additions do - matter of fact they show as 0 in the adjustment
dry hop calc.JPG
thanks for any help,

joel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Australia

Re: Actual Values and BIABacus

Post #2 made 7 years ago
Your dry hop addition isn't going to add any bitterness just flavoring I believe. The biabacus sees this and scales the rest to hit your 50 ibu goal.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #3 made 7 years ago
Section L is the record of the volumes you collect during the process (start to finish). They are used to help determine your actual efficiency along with gravities (Section M). If you hit a higher gravity (higher than estimated), you can dilute (Section N) and enter in the new gravity (Section O). All nice stuff math wise.

The dry hop question is answered by entering a negative 7 (-7) as in 7 days into the fermenting process, that will populate the 'what you will use...'.
MS
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 7 years ago
I can get the Dry Hop treatment but shouldn't the actual loss amount from kettle to fermenter impact the Volume at Pitching ? How is that number calculated (or how do i get that number to appear)? I'm basically looking for stepwise refinements on my way to the bottling process in terms of increasing specificity as to the number of bottles and actual efficiency numbers.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Australia

Post #5 made 7 years ago
Jmstroup wrote:
7 years ago
I can get the Dry Hop treatment but shouldn't the actual loss amount from kettle to fermenter impact the Volume at Pitching ? How is that number calculated (or how do i get that number to appear)? I'm basically looking for stepwise refinements on my way to the bottling process in terms of increasing specificity as to the number of bottles and actual efficiency numbers.
Yes, the actual loss does impact the VIF. It is subtracted from the VAW. It is not calculated, you measure it. Section U and V can help with that if you want to get down to the millimeter.

Does that help?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 136 guests