Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8352 made 6 years ago
Hey all!!

I currently live in Connecticut. I came across this site after searching the web for more info on BIAB techniques. So far the site is great! Prior to coming to this website I brewed two batches using the BIAB method. My first brew was relatively successful, given that I really didn't know what I was doing. My second brew, however, was a total disaster!! That is when I figured I needed to be more serious about what I was doing. The first thing I did was read as much as I could on the site and then I downloaded the BIABrewer Spreadsheet. Most of my troubles, if not all, stemmed from me using programs that did not fit my equipment so both of my brews were shots in the dark. I've since brewed 2 batches using the spreadsheet and I've hit my numbers dead on! I currently work so finding time to brew is tough!
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8353 made 6 years ago
Twindog13, welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you've downloaded and are working the Biabacus with success. Keep delving into the site, there are so many topics and good information on brewing in general and BIAB in particular written by some very knowledgeable people. Good luck!
One other thing, do read the section on Real Clear Terminology. It really helps when you post a question to get clear and concise answers. Here's a link
http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8354 made 6 years ago
Hello all,

I'm from the US (Southern Arizona specifically). I haven't brewed any beer, but I've brewed some cider, one batch of mead and one of wine (from grapes we grew). After I found out people could make respectable sours at home, I decided it was time to brew beer. 3 Vessel setups seem like too much work and space for just getting started, so I then found BIAB. I found this site by looking for the BIABacus. It looks like it will be helpful for starting some small 1 gallon test batches, and then for planning equipment for 5 gallon batches.

Thanks,
jahajazz
    • SVA Brewer From United States of America

Post #8355 made 6 years ago
Hey gang, my name is Alex and i'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I stumbled upon this site via the YouTube page BiabBrewing.com.

My first impressions of this forum was "Wow, there's a lot of information here... Where do should I start??" It's nice to see that there's a large community of biab-ers!

I have one (unsuccessful) brew under my belt using a Mr.Beer kit gifted to me last Christmas (tasted like beer, but was flat and lacking carbonation), but im hoping to improve my skills using the biab method. I am currently working on building my biab set up (looking to brew 2.5 - 3 gallon batches to save on space, and give me the opportunity to brew more).

I currently work for the LCBO, my provinces beer and spirit distributor. My job has helped me in the way that it has exposed me to a large variety of craft beers and flavors associated to delicious beers!

Very much looking forward to chatting with all of you.
Cheers!
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Canada

Post #8356 made 6 years ago
:thumbs: Hi every one my first post on here
My name is Danny
I live in the Uk (England)
In a small market town named Bungay which is in Suffolk
I Have been brewing beer for about 10yrs now started with kits and moved to all grain about 5years ago
I started with a 3 pot system
But moved to BIAB a few months ago and find it so easy and quick to make quality beer
Any way that's enough for now must get on and read a few more topics on this site
Cheers for now
Danny
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8357 made 6 years ago
Hi, guess it's my turn to introduce myself.
I live in Dunedin, New Zealand and have been brewing on and off (mostly off) for 12 years. After a break of about 8-10 of those years, I got back into it at the start of the year doing extract brews - 16 completed so far. I really enjoyed the entire process, and am investigating the BIAB method as a way of stepping up from extract, while also making it cheaper. I haven't brewed a BIAB batch yet, but hopefully will do within the next week or so.
I found the site via brulosophy, and from what I've seen, I like.
I'm currently a student again after working as a geologist/engineer/manager in the Mining industry for over a decade.
    • BME Brewer With Over 20 Brews From New Zealand

Post #8359 made 6 years ago
Hello and welcome to the forum, jahajazz, Alex, Danny, einzack and GPM!

I think we would all give the big thumbs up for the traditional Full Volume BIAB brewing...! :thumbs: Very simple and works great.

Let us know if you have any questions on equipment. Always easiest before a purchase is made.

Alex - your issue may have been to do with sugar for carbonation on the Mr. Beer. Regardless should be able to make better beer with whole grain process. But if you had issues with carbonation would need to change what you did to get different results.

Let us know if there are any questions or ways we can help!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8360 made 6 years ago
Hello All!
I'm from Oregon and have been brewing for about 7 years, the last 3 of which have been BIAB only. I like the all grain aspect without the multi vessel cleanup :thumbs:

Stouts and porters are my current favorites, but I've done many different ales. Hefs, IIPAs, ambers, etc.

I stumbled here via a google search for a BIAB profile for Beersmith2. I'm thinking that I struck brewing gold with my find of this site. Something you all probably already know.

Looking forward to reading and contributing here.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8362 made 6 years ago
HI Guys

I'm new here. Been brewing BIAB a while back and just restarted this great hobby. I just finished a German Wheat Beer and an NEIPA on mi Ardbir controlled BIAB setyp. A 30 liter kettle and an small solar pump from AliExpress, and of course a LOT of shiny stainless fittings. :whistle:

I live in Aarhus, Denmark, and work as a project manager at a HVAC contractor.

Best Regards
Søren S. Pedersen
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Denmark

Post #8363 made 6 years ago
Hello all. I'm an old timer, brewing over 40 years. Started with a college job at J.W. Lees in the UK and took up the hobby. Moved to the USA in the 80's. Went the spectrum from extract, 3 tier, BIAB, and now BIA Basket with an electric RIMS. Favorite to brew is my Imperial Mole Poblano Milk Stout. Most recent brew NE IPA (of course!).
- Pete
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8367 made 6 years ago
harishdutt, welcome to the Forum! Do read the BIAB Essentials (http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=141), and the Master Guide (http://www.biabrewer.info/viewforum.php?f=25). Then download a biabacus file and start exploring and experimenting, read the Clear Brewing Terminology thread (http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685), start asking questions and you are on your way. Nice to have you on board!
Last edited by Streamer on 22 Nov 2017, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8368 made 6 years ago
Hey all, I'm from Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA and have only been homebrewing for a little while now. Did a few extract brews then a few all grain on my friend's setup. I don't have the money to create a big system yet, so I'm going to try brewing really small 2 gallon batches with BIAB. The goal, like many, is to one day open my own brewery since I love the business side of things, but first I need to better understand the science behind brewing. I'm a marine biologist by schooling and a higher ed administrative by training. Cheers!
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #8370 made 6 years ago
Hello All,

I am originally from North Carolina but have lived all over the U.S. since joining the military. I recently brewed my first all grain small batch via the BIAB method and so far so good. I have three other brews under my belt but they were all extract brews done with a good friend of mine who introduced me to home brewing. I will be brewing a sweet stout really soon, just waiting on the ingredients to arrive! I have been watching tons of YouTube videos on the BIAB method and exercising my Google abilities, which is how I found this forum, to try to learn all I can about this method and brewing in general. I have also read the home brewing for dummies book as well. Any tips, tricks, etc. are welcomed. I will be sticking to small batch (1 gallon) for now to allow me to brew more often and drink many different styles more frequently.

Cheers
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8371 made 6 years ago
Welcome Am, thanks for your first post and congratulations on your first BIAB :clap:,

You've found the right place for BIAB! While the site is not very "good-looking" atm, the pioneers of BIAB started this site and other members have greatly helped in coming up with even more discoveries.

Information can be hard to find at present so, just jump in and ask any questions you may have.

:peace:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8372 made 6 years ago
Hello, new member
Up to date I'm a kit brewer but want to start brewing all grain beer.
I am going for the biab method as my household with a wife, 2 kids and moderate income won't allow the space and cost of normal all grain. Plus biab looks fun and a way to do small batches.
This site looks great but I am overwhelmed by all the info and advice. I would love a simple beginners SMASH biab recipe for a smallish batch as I only have a 20l pot. It's the water and grain ratio really confusing me.
Thanks
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8373 made 6 years ago
Welcome aboard, s0355495.
See http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869 for both the BIABacus and the recipe for NRB's all amarillo ale. It makes a good beer (I tried it :drink: ) and you can scale it to your own equipment via the BIABacus. Give the spreadsheet a try and post questions and then your file for somebody to take a look before you start brewing.

BTW, BIAB should become the reference point / standard for the space and cost of all grain brewing - traditional 3 Vessel brewing should be viewed as overload. ;)
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8375 made 6 years ago
Hello fellow brewers,
I was guided to this forum from watching a YouTube video by Robert Stempski about no-chill brewing in a bag.
I live in the north of England and beer has been in my family for a couple of generations. Both my father and I are engineers and we've spent most of our careers working for multi national brewing companies. My dad has retired now and I am fast approaching it but for now am still soldiering on working shifts packaging beer in bottles, cans and kegs.
Despite being surrounded by beer most work days I still have a fascination for the brewing process and currently I'm putting together a setup for BIAB and I'm really curious about no-chill.
So far I'm really impressed with the level of knowledge you guys have and I'm sure I'll learn a lot in here. Hopefully I can contribute too, although my area is more engineering than brewing.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 48 guests