Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8576 made 5 years ago
Hi there everyone :thumbs:

I'm glad to find this awesome site to learn more from BIAB brewing!!!
Let me answer some questions:
1. Where are you from?

A. I'm from Chiapas, Mexico. I'm a 75 model and still rolling baby!!! :luck:

2. How did you stumble across the site?

A. I always search on the web about BIAB, this time i found this link: homebrewacademy.com/brew-in-a-bag-review so here i am, to learn more about BIAB

3. What you think of it so far?

A. I think it's really awesome, i can barely found info on BIAB on the web, and i think i can learn more here

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using?

A. Yes, i have been brewing since 2010, and the method i learn first was BIAB and still using it

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household?

A. Yes i work full time, and for now i brew on free time or weekends :peace:
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Mexico

Post #8577 made 5 years ago
[mention]PrivateWiddle[/mention]: Welcome aboard Liam. My mother's side of the family came from Cork to Ozland but it was about 200 years ago so you may not know them :). Small batches can be trickier in some ways and easier in others. The scaling is easy with the BIABacus (looks scary but it's not really. Just ask for help if you get bewildered), it's more the measuring out of small amounts of yeast and hops, taking gravity readings etc but that's all easily overcome.

[mention]pozolero[/mention]: Welcome aboard to you too pozo. One of my sisters lived in Mexico for about 5 years. Between Liam above, yourself and me, it's a small world! Sorry it's taken so long for you to find the site. It was founded by the pioneers so you're in good hands here. The site is a bit messy but it's being worked on so just ask any questions if you can't find the info you're looking for.

:peace:
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #8578 made 5 years ago
Hi My name is Peter

I live in NSW on the Central Coast

I found the site thru a Podcast the other day as ive been listening and watching lots of BIAB content.

This site looks awesome, not a very big forum type guy, get lots of ideas thru youtube and FB.

I was a rough as guts can brewer when i was younger because of cost and bang for your buck, then did can brewing but into kegs later as i got lazier. Stared doing can brewing but with better ingredients and a bit of temp control.

I work for myself in refrigeration.

I have a 40L Urn on order with some accessories and im hoping to do BIAB with a smash type recipe and "no chill", starting to get my old post mix kegs out and clen them up ready for better beer and less cleaning.
    • HME Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Hello from Cheshire in England

Post #8579 made 5 years ago
Hello all
First time All Grain ,and therefore first time BIAB, here. I've done many home brew kits and so have the basic equipment. Now looking to buy bigger pots , make a big bag and possibly a buy a large coolbox.
Great site I look forward to learning from you guys and contributing where I can.

Post #8580 made 5 years ago
Hello [mention]Moorey[/mention] and [mention]sockgoblin[/mention],

Welcome both of you to the BIAB forum!

There is a ton of excellent information hidden in all the different posts and answers on this site. I would start in the BIAB for new brewers section, even if you have considerable brewing experience. It would be the place to start, and good place to come back and re-review again as time goes along. Other pages have good additional info for sure...

Let us know if there are any questions.
Last edited by Scott on 13 Aug 2018, 21:56, edited 3 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8583 made 5 years ago
Hi All,

I'm Johan from Newcastle in KZN, South Africa and obviously I love beer. The craft breweries popping up all over SA have been spoiling the commercial stuff for me. Thus my decision to get into home brewing.

I'm still collection equipment for my first brew. I'm planning to do an all grain IPA using the BIAB method. I'm currently researching and learning as much as I can, which is how I stumbled on this forum referred to in http://www.wortsandall.co.za.

Happy brewing!

Post #8589 made 5 years ago
Hello Everyone,

I'm Zachary Costa from Parsippany, New Jersey, USA. I want to start brewing but have no prior experience. One of my friends advised me to join this forum. Want to learn everything about brewing, but would like to start from the very basics.

Hope I'll be an expert brewer in a couple of years. :)
PhenQ Result https://thefecaltransplantfoundation.or ... r-30-days/

Post #8590 made 5 years ago
Welcome, ZacharyCosta.

This is the place to learn. Please see the https://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685 Clear Brewing Terminology page so that we can use the same language.

Then read lots. Read this forum, read other forums, read and collect recipes that sound interesting to you. Over time you will see that you have certain preferences and some others of your saved recipes will never get brewed. The favored ingredients list from those good recipes might get narrower or it might explode. Either way, you will be learning. Pay attention to what you think you like about any new beers you taste. After some brewing experience you will figure out how to modify your own technique to make beer you really enjoy. :drink:

Ask questions.
Last edited by ShorePoints on 11 Sep 2018, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8591 made 5 years ago
Hi, my name is Jon and I live in beautiful rural new Zealand. I heard about this site and BIAB while listening to the Beersmith podcast #10 from 2011. I have recently become interested in brewing and have just brewed my first kit homebrew - about to prime and bottle this coming weekend (fingers crossed it's fit for human consumption :drink: ). I really like the idea of all grain brewing and BIAB is appealing as I only have the basic "starter" equipment. Very interested in learning as much as I can from this website. I am in my early fifties, married and have 3 young energetic kids.

Looking forward to embark on this journey....

Cheers
Jon
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From New Zealand

Post #8594 made 5 years ago
Hello, SGP7, and welcome to the forum.

Do take a look at the BIABacus. BIABacus PR1.3U - Blank Style - Blank N ... d 83 times

I got that link from viewforum.php?f=25 below the second dark bar across the page. You can find the BIAB introductory links in the INDEX menu in the upper left corner.

Read.

Ask questions, you will get answers.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #8595 made 5 years ago
Hi guys, I've been away for a while but thought I would look in on some old buds and see if they still hang out here. I am still brewing with my 20 liter Braumeister and using the Biabacus for all of my brews, Thanks PP.

I will probably just lurk around until I feel comfy again, then start chirping in with my biting humour.

Looking forward to it.
Lylo
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #8599 made 5 years ago
Hello everyone,

A complete noob here to AG BIAB brewing.... I have managed to avoid extract kits and all my beer to date has been from fresh worts kits.

It's time to step up to doing it all myself and can't wait to get stuck in. I still have some bits and pieces "en route" but most of my gear is here already, will be drilling some holes in a new steel 50l kettle this weekend :)

Good to be here and thanks for having me!
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Australia

Post #8600 made 5 years ago
[mention]elbowbend[/mention] : Hey there Lylo! Great to see you are still brewing :thumbs:. The altruistic goals of the site (to discover, create or pass on quality brewing info) remain intact since you last visited however the, "Goliath's of IT," really slow things down. Basically all we need is for all members to stop brewing and start working for Microsoft and Google. Hold on, I think there may be some problem in that logic? :lol:

[mention]Zenaber[/mention] : Welcome aboard Garrett. If you are new to brewing and can get hold of fresh wort kits (sometimes known as Brewer's Wort I think in some countries???), you can get brewing with certainty and quality straight away so don't discount that option. Learning about brewing is exciting but can often be confusing. While this site is working towards making everything easy, there is still a lot of work to be done so dive in with any questions you have.

[mention]singlefished[/mention] : Great to hear you've already done the fresh wort kits and I imagine you've had excellent results from them. (Btw, ten years ago they were unheard of.) Now, the only thing that has me worried is you mentioning drilling holes in your kettle this weekend. Hold off on that and do some reading instead. I have two 70 litre kettles. I brewed with them for years without holes, then I drilled holes in them and then, once I'd realised it was a major error, I had those holes repaired!

So, click on the search button top right twice (at time of writing). This will get you to the advanced search. I just typed in "holes" and "time" and 27 posts came up written by me.

So, read before drilling :) :) :)
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 43 guests