Post #7451 made 8 years ago
Hi all,

My name is David. I am from Melbourne, Victoria but currently living in tropical Saigon (official name Ho Chi Minh City) Vietnam. I got into home brewing about 18 months ago. Initial I planned to set up an electric 3 vessels system but due to space constraint I have turned to electric BIAB and loved it. I have done about 5 batches of 5 gallons each, all grain. I still have a lot to learn about brewing in general so I am sure I will have a lot of questions to ask. Bye.

Post #7452 made 8 years ago
Welcome yellowS (damn autocorrect won't let me type your full name )
Sounds like you are well on your way. We a re here to help. Any questions go ahead and ask away.
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Weehoosebrewing.ga
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Canada

Post #7453 made 8 years ago
Hi folks!

1. Where are you from?
Norway!

2. How did you stumble across the site?
Reading on how to optimize my BIAB setup, stumbeled upon this site.

3. What you think of it so far?
Cool!

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using?
Been brewing for a couple years now. Brewing trad all grain with friends, but doing BIAB at home. Want to optimize my brew.

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household?
Just graduated as a civil engineer.

Post #7454 made 8 years ago
Hi Jonaskir,
Welcome to the site. Congrats on graduating. Sounds like you already have some good brewing experience. Don't hesitate to share your knowledge. Plenty of discussions on optimizing brew on the site too. Look around, ask questions, and share your BIAB experiences. Look forward to hearing more on your brews.
Pete
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #7455 made 8 years ago
Hello fine people,

Well I'm posting here despite the fact that it doesn't look like much is going on in this topic. I've been brewing for about 15 years but only made the leap to BIAB at the beginning of 2016 - I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. I'm blown away by how good the results have been with quite a few great Trappist beers, pale ales & stouts already kegged & consumed. I've always prided myself on making good beer, but BIAB has pushed my reputation through the roof & I have plenty of bragging rights now with the lads.

I came across this site from a link on http://brulosophy.com/

That is a quality website I encourage you to check out. I'm looking forward to learning from your collective wisdom.

Cheers!

Post #7458 made 8 years ago
Welcome aboard Hops4Balls, mz5frs and shollis.

Hops4Balls - Yes, BIAB is an excellent way to brew great beers. I'm glad you found this place so that we can learn from each other.

mz5frs - engineers can make BIAB work well for them very quickly. Use the BIABacus, plan out your process and good beer will result, What more can one ask?

Steve, search (the forum search function above, right) for mini-BIAB for info on small (~1 gallon) batches and if you hit upon a great success, you can pass along the recipe in the BIABacus file form. It must have been a really good friend to get you started.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #7459 made 8 years ago
ShorePoints wrote:Welcome aboard dcuccia and b33rpr0n. Here's the drill (joshua's regular welcome message):
You can Download "BIABACUS" at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869,
and get "The BIABacus - Help" at http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1863" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, since you will probably need it,
and read the "Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT)" viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685 to Understand the Terms used in BIABACUS.

OK, the BIABacus is a big ol' Excel spreadsheet and may not work well on the small screen of an iPhone, if at all. However, it is an excellent guide for brewing the BIAB way. Read lots of the forum threads and give the BIABacus a go. Then post your BIABacus file on a thread and ask questions, you will get answers.

dcuccia - look for mini BIAB info in the search box on this site.

b33rpr0n - Do you mean that where you work in Akron is one of the top 100 breweries, or Akron has 100 breweries and they are all tops?
the brewery i work at is one of the top 100 in the world. thanks for the info.
Last edited by b33rpr0n on 15 Jun 2016, 10:49, edited 11 times in total.

Post #7460 made 8 years ago
Hi All

My names Phil, I'm a home brewer from England ;)

I've been a member/lurker here for quite a long time and have found the information here really useful invaluable ... THANK YOU!! :clap: ... I'm a Maxi-BIABer following the same/similar approach as Ralph describes over there (link) and use the (old) Maxi-BIAB Calculator from here to help me formulate my recipes ... recently I have been looking at using the BIABacus and have some questions about the Full Volume Variations section to ask, so this is my "coming out from the shadows" post ;)

Cheers, Phil
Last edited by pkb4809 on 15 Jun 2016, 21:31, edited 11 times in total.

Post #7461 made 8 years ago
Welcome Phil, we're glad that you have come out of the closet shadows! Now that you're officially one of us, jump in and start asking your questions.

---Todd
Last edited by thughes on 15 Jun 2016, 21:43, edited 11 times in total.
WWBBD?

Post #7463 made 8 years ago
Welcome Phil.

I am a lurker of Brew UK, so lets hope we can solve all your problems & questions that occasionally pop up over there. :salute:
G B
I spent lots of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered
I've stopped drinking, but only when I'm asleep
I ONCE gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Great Britain

Post #7464 made 8 years ago
Evening from the UK!

Im from South Lincolnshire and stumbled across the site whilst reading up about BIAB methods, certainly looks like Im going to extend my knowledge being on here!

Currently brew using 2 can kits but have become fed up of the level of quality they offer, a friend of mine owns his own brewery and micro-pub so I've got the opportunity to tap his knowledge!

Looking forward to some good beer!

Cheers

Post #7465 made 8 years ago
Greetings, bentbarrel and we look forward to following your journey into BIAB. Your brewery owning friend might someday ask you to run pilot batches for him. Read lots of this forum and be sure to try out the BIABacus at
http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5 ... preadsheet
and get "The BIABacus - Help" at http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1863,
and read the "Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT)" to understand the terms used in BIABACUS.
Last edited by ShorePoints on 16 Jun 2016, 05:36, edited 11 times in total.

Post #7466 made 8 years ago
Firstly this forum website is amazing, and as a first time AG BIAB brewer it has provided invaluable information.
So after a couple of missed targets and frustrations with beersmith i am going to convert to biabacus for my next brew.
Quick question, does biabacus know what particular grain i am using in regards to the different fermentables in each grain? So from what i have learnt crystal wont have as much fermentables as pale 2 row?
Is this so important or irrelevant in terms of the grain bill and hitting my targets.
Anyway thanks so much for having me here, i have attatched my recipe i will be doing on the weekend and if its possible would like to know if it all looks good.
regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post #7467 made 8 years ago
Hi Jeff and welcome to the forum ;),

Nice job on the BIABacus and great first post :thumbs:.

I think your questions warrant a thread on their own so, if you can copy and paste your post above, into a new thread, that would be great. (Post in this forum and call the thread, "APA - Four Pines Recipe".)

There are a few things in the file, I, or someone else, will alter and it will take a bit of time to answer your question on the fermentables. I'm running late for a job but, if anyone else hasn't tackled your question, I'll look forward to doing so later today.

All the best,
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 17 Jun 2016, 09:10, edited 11 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #7468 made 8 years ago
Hi there all i'm a new brewer in Eastern Washington state. I've done a few batches of Mead and joined my local brewing club. I stumbled across the site while investigating software for BIAB brewing. I have all my equipment in place and will be brewing ASAP. I would like to find software that is simple to use for a first time brewer and will allow me to grow as a brewer.

Post #7469 made 8 years ago
1. Where are you from? Va Beach
2. How did you stumble across the site? Google
3. What you think of it so far? Very very helpful
4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using? No first brew will be this week
5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household? Active Duty Navy LCAC Driver
Last edited by jivy26 on 18 Jun 2016, 20:42, edited 11 times in total.

Post #7470 made 8 years ago
Found yall from my hours of googling homebrew. I have been building to do a full all grain system, but then I came across BIAB and realised I can get near to all grain efficiency with a bag...who would have thought! I hope I can learn a lot and give a lot through my months and years of brewing. Cheers and look forward to many conversations!

Post #7471 made 8 years ago
Hi all!
My name is Paul and I've just recently been bitten by the brewing bug. So far I have made 3 batches of Mead, 1 batch of Skeeter Pee and participated in a 350 gallon mega brew my brewing club did. I live in Eastern Washington state and found the site while searching for information on the web for BIAB brewing. I recently purchased all the equipment to do 5 gallon batches and am looking forward to my first of many batches.

Post #7473 made 8 years ago
Hi plepper, jivy26, and peachy85 - welcome to the site all! :thumbs:
Plenty of info and helpful folks to answer your questions. Recommended downloading biabacus first and getting familiar with it. If you search the site you'll likely find answers to your first couple of questions.
Look forward to your brew stories! :luck:
Pete
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #7474 made 8 years ago
Hi all,

My name is Brendan and I am in Newcastle, NSW. I got started in homebrew about a year ago, and I have done about a dozen kit/extract brews. Brewing has been great fun and I am keen to get into AG. I stumbled onto this forum whilst searching for info on DIY kettles, and from what I have seen here BIAB is the way to go. I am an electronic engineer and have found the information on the forum very helpful, I particularly enjoy the automation setups. Cheers!
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Australia

Post #7475 made 8 years ago
Welcome to the forum Brendan :peace:,

Lots of great brewers up your way and a club from memory :scratch:.

Quite a few troops here have gone to automation and then gone back out of it :). So, just take it all slowly and start simple. Making wort is just a small (and easy) part of the beer making process. Put your inventing mind to cleaning and sanitisation systems as that will pay you back the most in quality and time-saving.

First and best thing to spend money on (electronic-wise) is a good temperature controller as you can use it not only in mashing but also for fermentation.

The simple stuff keeps brewing fun. As an electronics engineer, there are heaps of areas you can apply your skills to apart from the making of wort. I'd look at applying your skills to fermentation and refrigeration way before spending them on automating wort production.

All the best and welcome again :salute:,
PP
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 83 guests