Post #5901 made 9 years ago
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jim, originally from Louisiana, but currently living in Florida. I have only brewed a few extract batches, and that was many years ago. I have decided to get back into brewing, and being an Engineer by profession, I made a thorough review of the best way for a homebrewer to brew all grain, and have concluded that BIAB is the way to go. I am very impressed with the amount of information on the forum and I look forward to joining with all of you to perfect my talents as an all grain brewer.

Regards,
Donjim
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #5902 made 9 years ago
Hi Donjim and welcome to the site. Glad you are impressed so far, lots of BIAB info here and many experienced BIABers to answer any questions you may have. Give the BIABacus a try if you haven't already. Happy Brewing!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #5903 made 9 years ago
Good afternoon, everyone! (At least it's afternoon here in Texas.) I'm new to this site, but I'm stoked about all of the good support and information available here. I've been a home brewer for 20 years, having started with extract and specialty grains for the first 10 or so years, then moving to single-infusion all-grain since that time, using a cobbled-together 3-vessel system. Now that my existing equipment is beginning to age and otherwise no longer suits all of my needs, I figured it was a good time to make some changes to my setup. At first, I planned on going the 3-vessel route again but with better equipment, but after doing a LOT of reading and pondering, I decided I would try my hand at BIAB on an electric system. There seem to several advantages to this, so I am mentally gathering my system together and am nearly ready to take the plunge.

I imagine I will "e-meet" many of you in the near future. Thanks in advance for your help, and thanks to the moderators and administrators of this forum for their work in keeping this endeavor going! :salute:

Matt Wilson
Texas, USA

Post #5904 made 9 years ago
Welcome Matt. Nice to see more 3 vessel converts joining the forum. BIAB really is an awesome method to brew all grain. I think you will be happy with the time you will save cleaning, and look forward to you hopefully contributing here with some of the knowledge you must have gained with all those years of brewing behind you. Happy brewing for a bunch more!

Post #5907 made 9 years ago
Hi All, I am from the mid North Coast NSW and am working in the Riverina FIFO.I have minimal brewing experience and have around 12 BIABs under my belt. This site has a wealth of information and I use it regularly to find information on questions I have, and these are many - well done to the guys who run this site and for those experienced members who post great replies!

I hope to learn and develop good brewing practices with information provided by this site and drink some bloody good beer made by myself as a bonus. I have been upgrading my setup lately and have added a new gas burner just recently but will add the med pressure reg next to get maximum results from it. Can't wait to try my latest Fat YAk recipe in another week. Cheers and see you round, keep up the great info.

Post #5908 made 9 years ago
Welcome stix, glad you have found the site helpful so far and look forward to your contributions now that you have officially joined us. Happy Brewing!

Post #5910 made 9 years ago
Hello brewers!
My name is Mikael Åsberg, I don't know if you see the ring above my A in my surname but there is :)
That's how we do in Sweden.
I'm a really new brewer, I have done two extract and one partial mash and tested some steeping, qiute pleased over the results!
Now I have read a lot on the web and got intrested in BIAB and hope I get a lot of help here :) I'm not quite sure yet about how to calculate volym and other stuff but soon, "With a lots of help from my friends".
Thanks for now

Mikael

Post #5911 made 9 years ago
Hello Mikael, you have come to the right place for help. For help calculating volume and pretty much everything else you can use the biabacus, you just measure your kettle and it does the rest. Grab a beer, read a bunch, take the BIABacus for a spin and you will be brewing great all-grain beer BIAB style in no time. Welcome aboard and happy brewing!

Post #5913 made 9 years ago
Hi, I'm Rob and I live in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I've just started homebrewing and have done a couple of one gallon batches using Brooklyn Brewshop's all grain kits. I plan to stick with small batches for a while and want to move to BIAB for simplicity. I've been enjoying reading all of the information on this site. I'm looking forwarding to putting all the good advice into practice.

Post #5914 made 9 years ago
Hi, my name is Jenn and I live in northern BC, Canada. I found this site while looking around the internet for information on BIAB. I have been brewing mead & wine for almost a year now, and have been working my way up to beer. I am very interested in the BIAB method and am planning my first brew for this month, as soon as I have a free day. I am a nurse by trade, however I am currently on maternity leave with a 5 year old and 6 month old at home. I'm excited to get started and to start drinking some (hopefully) delicious homebrew.

Cheers!
Jenn

Post #5915 made 9 years ago
Hello fruitpunch.ben, banjo_rob and Northern Canuck !!! WOW 2 out of 3, not bad canucks! Sorry Rob not trying to discriminate but always nice to see fellow Canadians! Welcome to you all to the best forum for BIAB, read up, take the BIABacus for a spin and get brewin!!!

PS: Jenn where in Northern BC? I lived in Grande Prairie AB for 6 years and used to dirve to Dawson Creek, Peace River, Chetwynd etc quite a bit. I really really miss Powder King! I ski'd all the big hills throughout AB and BC and loved PK more than any, closest you can get to heli ski'n without gettin in a heli, just the thought of that 40 feet of powder a year brings a tear to my eye...

Post #5916 made 9 years ago
Hi, I'm Kevin from Bangor in Northern Ireland and I recently started brewing.

Initially I used kits and extract but now I'm using the stockpot and bag I got for Christmas to produce witbiers.

The original goal was to produce a Hoegaarden clone. I haven't produced anything particularly close but I dont care so much about that anymore. The results, at least some of them, are just as good in their own way.

Cheers!

Post #5917 made 9 years ago
Hi, Carmen here - I live in western Pennsylvania and have been making wine for years. I've been extract brewing for a few years now and am ready to take it to the next level. From all I've read it seems that biab is the way to go.

Post #5918 made 9 years ago
Hello and welcome to the home of BIAB jackduckworth and carmenb1059. Anything you need to know about BIAB is here somewhere. If you can't find what you are looking for there are numerous experienced brewers hanging around to discuss anything related to the craft. Cheers!

Post #5919 made 9 years ago
banjo_rob wrote:Hi, I'm Rob and I live in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I've just started homebrewing and ... want to move to BIAB for simplicity.
Welcome Rob. I'm a fellow ATL BIAB brewer. This is the place to learn about BIAB. Depending on your interest, you may want to check out the Homebrew tab at http://atlantabeer.com/AtlantaBeer/AtlantaBeer.php#/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to see the clubs in the metro area. You should be able to find one close to you that might meet your interests. I haven't met many pure BIAB brewers like myself (yet), but find that many experienced 3-vessel all-grain brewers use BIAB for small batches to try new recipes, so you might find a lot of common interest and support.
Last edited by cwier60 on 10 Jan 2015, 05:09, edited 11 times in total.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #5921 made 9 years ago
Hello all,

I`m Chad, a college profesor from Rochester NY. I have been an extract brewer for 4 years, and am trying biab to jump to all grain as well as do smaller batches. Google led me to the site, and I am looking forward to learning. Thanks for the site

Post #5922 made 9 years ago
Welcome to THE best BIAB site in the world guys! With BIABacus you'll be making great beer easily.
For the price of a coffee you can support this site and the wealth of info shared on this site.

Post #5925 made 9 years ago
Hi chad, GAZ9053 and brewermp and welcome aboard! You've found the best BIAB resource around. Tons of info on anything BIAB related here, helpful for newcomers to brewing and experienced brewers alike. And if you can't find what you need just ask, many experienced BIABers around to lend quality advice. Happy brewing!

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 55 guests