Post #4276 made 6 years ago
Grainger, DaveSt.

Welcome to the world of BIAB. Read everything you can and ask questions in a appropriate areas (not here). You have new brewing friends by the thousands. They are all eager to ease your mind and lighten your burden.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #4277 made 6 years ago
Hi all,

My name's Liam, I'm a student and 21, reporting from Adelaide, SA.

Came across the site after learning about the BIAB method over on the HomeBrewTalk forums, but needed a bit more info before starting. One google search later and here I am!

I've only done a couple of extract brews before that whilst drinkable, didn't quite live up to my expectations of some quality craft brews. Decided that rather than give up, may as well do it properly and hopefully learn some stuff in the process, with my budget dictating that BIAB method was best for me.

Looking forward to getting started real soon, no doubt I'll have a few questions that this site can answer!

Post #4278 made 6 years ago
1. Where are you from?
I'm from Sweden

2. How did you stumble across the site?
Researching BIAB on google i found this great site

3. What you think of it so far?
Its very good, all the information on biab in one place.

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using?
No brewing get, after a lot of research i decided to go whit AG and BIAB

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household?
I work in a bar and love craft brews.

Post #4279 made 6 years ago
Welcome carmo and monnet :peace:,

carmo, all-grains are much, much easier to get a good result from than extracts or kits. I honestly take my hat off to anyone who can consistently brew great extracts or kits. All-grain is like cheating for me as it is so much easier quality-wise :).

monnet, great to have a craft brew barman on the board :thumbs:. I'm not sure if they have them in Sweden but if you can get hold of a "fresh wort kit" then that is always a good way to get started while you are collecting your equipment for BIAB. FWK's are all-grain beers but someone else has done the mashing and boiling for you. All you need is a fermentor.

:peace:
PP
Last edited by PistolPatch on 02 Dec 2013, 20:00, edited 12 times in total.
If you have found the above or anything else of value on BIABrewer.info, consider supporting us by getting some BIPs!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Australia

Post #4281 made 6 years ago
Hi guys,

My name is Richard and I'm from Texas. I'm a 50 year old chemical engineer and craft beer lover. I don't brew yet but I want to start and BIAB seems to be a great place to start and learn. I heard about this site from another brewing forum.

Post #4282 made 6 years ago
collmorgen,

It is good to have you on board. A lot of folks start with extract brews before moving to all-grain, but brew in a bag (BIAB) is simple enough that you can jump straight into all-grain. Read the introductory material, choose a simple recipe (like the ones listed to get started with), and ask questions in the forums.

Post #4283 made 6 years ago
Hi all,
Matt from San Francisco here. I have about 6 BIAB batches under my belt and am looking to make the better and "standardize" some of my processes. I'm a lurker over on homebrewtalk.com as well...

Post #4284 made 6 years ago
sfmatt,

Welcome to the forum. You seem to be ahead of the game. Share your knowledge and experience with your brewing family.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4286 made 6 years ago
Hi,

My name is Christophe, I'm from Luxembourg.
I've done a couple of brews with a friend (all-grain) this year and I wanted to start brewing at home. When looking for a more simple solution, I found this site (which is full of very interesting / useful information).

I've done 2 brews this weeks, I'm only doing 1 gallon batches as is suits better my kitchen. I can experiment more beers.
I've used the BIABacus spreadsheet to scale the recipe and it was very simple to use (at least for the grain & hop parts ;) ).

Thanks,
C.

Post #4288 made 6 years ago
Greetings. I am from Lenoir, North Carolina, USA. I recently began brewing extract (with grain) and am at 6 batches now. In fact, I am enjoying one of my creations at this moment!
I found out about BIAB while researching on homebrewertalk. I was researching all grain, and now am heavily leaning towards BIAB. This method just seems to make sense.... I am looking forward to learning, and figuring out how to take my extract recipe to the next level to get the taste and texture I am looking for!
Thanks for putting the site together!

Post #4289 made 6 years ago
Greetings from northern Ontario Canada, several extract brews so far and recently moved up to doing my second mini biab.
Great process, great site, lookign forward to expanding my rig and learning some new recipies.

Post #4290 made 6 years ago
Hello from finally legal Alabama. Just finished building an eBIAB system and tried it out on an extract kit. I've been brewing on the stovetop for 1.5 years, and it's time to move to all-grain. Going to start with a simple Scottish 60/-.

Post #4291 made 6 years ago
Greetings from Texas!

I used to brew in college, and wanted to get back into after a long hiatus. Looking at all the equipment that was needed to get back to a three tier system was daunting, and it was tough to invest in all of that money when I knew that my understanding of some basics was lacking from the time lapse. When I found out about what y'all have been doing with BIAB, I was extremely excited about the ease of starting back.

I've now completed 10 full volume mash BIAB brews, and I am looking to get more accurate with my technique. My results so far have been good, but there is so much I don't know about it yet.

Post #4293 made 6 years ago
Welcome to all the new faces. Have a look around and ask lots of questions! Nobody ever got more stupid by asking questions.

@ Psycotte (mind if I call you Francis?): Where abouts in NY are you? I'm in Rochester.

---Todd
WWBBD?

Post #4294 made 6 years ago
Hello from Alaska. I've been extract brewing for about a year now and am ready to move along. I like things using the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle,so moving on to all grain, BIAB looks to be the ticket. I'd liked people to be more impressed with my beers than my brewing setup. ;)

Post #4295 made 6 years ago
Hey all! I'm from NY. Had about a year of brewing extract kits before I had to take about a year and a half off due to lack of space. I was reading up on BIAB just before I stopped brewing and have kept on reading on and off.
I finally have some more space in my new apartment and have done 2 batches so far, both are still fermenting. First one almost got my OG just about right on and I'll be bottling tomorrow. Second one I was going for a small 1 gallon barley wine, got way too ambitious way to early haha. Missed my OG horribly, but it's in the fermenter now and I'm sure it'll still make a nice strong brew.

Now I'm here to keep on learning more basics and move on to more advanced techniques. I'll be getting a larger brew kettle and a burner this month, so I can move on to larger 5 gallon batches.

Post #4296 made 6 years ago
hi my name is frank from Brisbane qld Australia I come across your site while looking for information about biab great find.
the site is full of information and detail .
I started home brew about 13 years ago I have been doing can brews but I have been looking at something with more taste . And I like the end result some thing I made , and my partner likes doing it to so it helps at bottling stage.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #4297 made 6 years ago
Jarhead,FarmerJoe,stump.

Welcome to the world of BIAB. The rest of us are excited about hearing about your brewing (mis)advantures? Keep us up to date!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4298 made 6 years ago
Hey all, Adam from Louisville, KY here. Came across the site on homebrewtalk.com, and thought I'd sign up here since I'm just now making the move to all grain via BIAB. Brewed my first AG batch last week, a Kentucky Common (or dark cream) ale, recipe from here. Seemed to go well, except I used a much too coarse bag and ended up with ALOT of draff in the primary. Will be sewing my own bag soon from curtain material, then on to a yet-to-be determined brew.

Cheers!
Last edited by beavers on 07 Dec 2013, 00:55, edited 15 times in total.

Post #4299 made 6 years ago
beavers,

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find all you need here and more. keep us up to date on your Kentucky Common. It's a UNcommon beer to this international website.
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Post #4300 made 6 years ago
Hello, everyone!

I'm from Raleigh, NC (USA). I've been brewing for a while, but just started reading this forum a few months ago and just brewed my first BIAB brew last week! It's a Dry Irish Stout. Fermenting in primary now, hopefully ready for consumption around the New Year!

I love this style of brewing and hope to become better at it. This forum is great. Thanks for being here!

Cheers! :)
"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."
-John Wayne (unverified)
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 18 guests