More BIABacus function

Post #1 made 5 years ago
I've had some time off to play around with BIABacus and I started programming a bit of automation into areas you previously had to copy from other sections. Specifically, the checklist section. Mine now pulls the data from the recipe entered in sections C & D. The only issue I have to troubleshoot is why hop timing shows up as 0:00 on the print checklist page even though the timings are in the checklist section. If you guys feel like it's useful to you I will try send a BIABacus to PistolPatch for inclusion in the next version. I'm also playing around with a yeast calculation sheet that pulls all required info from other cells but it's not as robust as the brewunited calculator I see recommended. The idea, at least for me, is to only need BIABacus.

Cheers
Tony
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Re: More BIABacus function

Post #2 made 5 years ago
So it looks like what I was trying to accomplish with the having the checklist section automatically pull info from all other sections is already accomplished by the recipe report page. Not sure why I never really looked there. Even though I like that I was able to order things the way I want it seems it was a solution I didn't need. It does make me wonder what everyone else is using that checklist section for?

Cheers
Tony

Post #3 made 5 years ago
Hi Tony,

Pat has said that in the past he uses much more automation in earlier versions, but had lots of issues with compatibility with people using different versions of Excel and not working properly. So he stripped out much of the automation to avoid that.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 5 years ago
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense and I suppose you never know how the code will behave in other spreadsheet programs. As it turned out all the information I wanted is on the recipe report, just in a different order but nothing that couldn't be edited in a word document.

Cheers
Tony

Post #5 made 5 years ago
Hello again Tony. As mentioned in the other post, my apologies for slow reply and thanks to @Scott for mentioning the problems with macros.

I'll email you the password to unlock the spreadsheet. (The spreadsheet is locked so as the user doesn't accidentally delete cells etc.) This will make it easier for you to play around with reports etc. Funnily enough, the reports contain some of the longer, more difficult formulas.

I'll add emailing you to my list but should get to you within 24hrs.

Cheers,
Pat
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #6 made 5 years ago
Pat,

I've made the mistake of not doing a save before making changes to files in the past when I first started trying to learn to code in Python so I'll definitely do that before playing with the reports. I hadn't really done much with Excel formulas until recently when I started looking at pulling info into the checklist. I quickly learned how complicated formulas can get. I have a whole new appreciation for how long it must have taken to get the calculator and now BIABacus up and going.

Cheers
Tony

Return to “BIABrewer Old Hands”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests