Post #26 made 13 years ago
Me too Lylo, I just bought five cornies and they're all a little bit different. It seems most parts are interchangeable except perhaps the one with a straight dip tube (i.e. the long one, on the outlet side). Don't continue to worry though, just keep in mind what Wiz says, that's some excellent advice! :salute:
[center]Give me a beer and I will move the world. Archimedes[/center]

Post #27 made 13 years ago
The weld line is apparently the 5 gal mark

I will fill to just below the gas in
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Post #29 made 13 years ago
They are flared ss.
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

[center]Homer Simpson[/center]
[center]K.I.S.S., B.I.A.B.[/center]

Post #31 made 13 years ago
The type of ss you buy is important. It has to be manufactured to food grade standards. Your standard cheap stainless tube will have a welded seam that can be a hiding place for nasties.
Personally I wouldn't bother, you can buy replacement standard dip tubes cheap enough, but that's me.
Cheers wiz
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

Post #33 made 13 years ago
Lol I'm at work, it's 2.10 in the afternoon here.
[/center]

Post #34 made 13 years ago
Okay,I kegged a stout form an extract kit last night after carefully weigh out 78grams of corn sugar adding it to a cup of preboiled water.
Apparently it is not a good idea to panic and dump the hole thing into the keg as you see the beer approaching the top.
I think beer is a lot like blood,when it is so important to you and you see it lying on the floor you would swear there is gallons of it.
Anyway I really don't know how much sugar I actually got in the keg or if that brown foam that came shooting out was a finely balanced mix.
I guess I will find out in acouple of weeks.
AWOL

Post #35 made 13 years ago
Lylo wrote:Okay,I kegged a stout form an extract kit last night after carefully weigh out 78grams of corn sugar adding it to a cup of preboiled water.
Apparently it is not a good idea to panic and dump the hole thing into the keg as you see the beer approaching the top.
I think beer is a lot like blood,when it is so important to you and you see it lying on the floor you would swear there is gallons of it.
Anyway I really don't know how much sugar I actually got in the keg or if that brown foam that came shooting out was a finely balanced mix.
I guess I will find out in acouple of weeks.
You can always top up the carbonation with your c02 system right?
Last edited by stux on 12 May 2011, 08:57, edited 18 times in total.
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Return to “Kegging”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 13 guests